• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Uber say I owe money, but I don't @UberUKsupport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In March I ordered a takeaway via UberEats.

I paid by PayPal and the order arrived with an item missing.

I forgot to raise the issue straight away with Uber. By the time I remembered to do it the order was too old to raise the issue directly but did suggest that I contact their support team. I tried to do this, but that the link they provided didn't work. I then raised a case with PayPal. Uber didn't respond to the case and I was refunded for the missing item.

Uber are now claiming that I owe the full amount of the order even though it has already been paid (less the refund). I've asked Uber to look into it, but they are insistent that I owe the full amount. I've asked PayPal to looking into it but they insist that Uber have been paid.

In brief:
15th March ordered a takeaway through Uber Eats cost £66.13
27th April refunded £4.50 for item that didn't arrive

Uber claim I owe £66.13

I have checked my PayPal statement and credit card statements and on both I see the £66.13 go out and £4.50 refunded.

I'm not sure what to do now as I have contacted both organisations and they refuse to help.

let 'em get on with it

theres not alot they can do.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I want Uber to correct their record. I don't owe them any money. In some ways it would be easier if they were taking collection action against me. At least they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it got to court.

correct you owe them nowt...ignore.....

uber eats don't do court and any DCA that might chase are totally powerless and can never be bailiffs

no DCA has any legal powers on any debt no matter what it's type .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The only problem is that if they have you down  as owing them money then you won't be able to order from them in the future.

If you would like a bit of fun then we will help you sue them for breach of data protection regulations – by inaccurate processing. It could be worth 50 quid to you I expect and hopefully they will sort things out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There has been a reply to our tweet

Hi there, happy to help. Please DM us the email address and mobile number linked to your account and some additional details about your issue so that we can assist you better.

• Like 1

This was the exact problem. I only found out last night when I tried to order and the app said I had to pay £66.13 before I could place any more orders. I would definitely be up for suing them. They've made it clear they have no interest in dealing with the problem.

No problem.

Where are you on this, did you pay them the money?

I've asked them to correct the record and they have refused. I haven't paid them any further money. I've sent them evidence that I paid the original amount and that £4.50 was refunded.

Edited by verdant

Okay – I hope you've got all your paperwork together to show that the payment has been made, not refunded – et cetera.

On the basis of what you have said, I suggest that you sue them for breach of the data protection act in that they are inaccurately processing your data. This is causing you distress.

I would suggest that you send them on SAR. Do it straightaway. Make sure that you identify yourself sufficiently. You may want to send them a utility bill or something to save time later if they start dragging their heels and demanding ID.

In terms of the legal actions, send them a letter of claim.

The letter of claim should broadly say that on XXX date you ordered a meal – £XX – and the money was paid to them by means of PayPal payment reference number XXXX.
They have failed to recognise that the payment was made and they have now been demanding the sum of £XXX from you even though it has been paid. Their records are incorrect and they are processing your data inaccurately. The fact that they are holding inaccurate data about you is causing you distress – furthermore the fact that they are now using their inaccurate records as a basis for withholding their service from you is causing you additional distress because you have been ordering food and they are suddenly refusing to deliver it.

This is a breach of statutory duty and you require compensation of £100 for the distress they are causing you – plus they should correct their records.

If they do not compensate you and confirm that they have corrected their records within 14 days then you will sue them for the entire amount plus your court costs and without any further notice.

Keep records of everything.

In the SAR, not only demand disclosure of your personal data but also require that they inform you if they have shared your data with anybody and if so who with.

I suggest that you post up your draft particulars of claim here for us to have a look and then you post it off or email it off on Monday morning.

Be absolutely certain that you are prepared to take this action. Don't bluff.

Read up the steps on this forum involved in taking a small claim in the County Court. Register with the County Court's Moneyclaim service and start preparing your claim. You can save your work as you go. Post your draft particulars up here for us to see and on day 15, click off the claim.

• Like 1

Since my I made my initial post Uber has accepted there might be a problem and has escalated the issue to another team. They say they can't provide a timescale though.

I've also followed their SAR process and downloaded what they describe as all the personal data they hold about me. It doesn't contain any financial transaction records, so it's clearly not all the data they hold.

Here is what I intend to send about the incorrect data:

On 15th March 2021 I ordered a meal costing £66.13 and I paid the money via PayPal (transaction id 4ME83274WW445612R, invoice id 1UEdv70PJHu23Q26vXscO6a0). I didn't receive one of the items: Notorious DFP £4.50. On 31st March after attempting to use the broken contact us functionality on the Uber Eats website I raised a case with PayPal. On 17th April Uber had not responded and the case was raised to a claim. On 27th April Uber had still not responded and the claim was paid: £4.50 was refunded to me by PayPal. I have already provided Uber with excerpts of credit card and PayPal statements that prove my description of events to be correct.

Uber fails to recognise that the payment of £66.13 was made or that it had sufficient time to deal with my refund claim and is now incorrectly demanding £66.13 be paid. Uber's records are incorrect and they are processing my data inaccurately. The fact that Uber is holding inaccurate data about me is causing me distress and the fact that Uber is using their inaccurate as a basis for withdrawing service is causing me additional distress because I have been ordering food and suddenly Uber refused to deliver it. Uber's initial reaction to my query has caused me further significant distress: my query was dismissed, out of hand, without any consideration on Uber's part that they may have incorrect data.

Uber is in breach of its statutory duty to process my information correctly, and to rectify it where it is incorrect. I require compensation of £100 for the distress Uber is causing me and I require Uber to correct its records.

Does that seem OK? I will send it electronically, do I also need to send a letter?

Did you follow the SAR link, because what you are saying doesn't sound right?  You don't "follow their SAR process and download" your data, you send them an SAR request and they provide the data to you - all the data they hold on you.

Did you actually send them an SAR letter as BankFodder said in #10, or did you just look on their website and followed what looked like the right thing?

Hi

I have to agree with the above as what they display on Uber website is NOT a Subject Access Request and only gives you limited data.

You need to send then a proper Subject Access Request (SAR), they then have 30 Calender Days to respond only once they have acknowledged your SAR Request and don't mess about asking for Identification to extend the 30 Calender Days Time Limit (which they can legally ask for).

Title it 'SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST' and irrespective what you ask for in it always make sure to put this little phrase 'ALL DATA' as that little phrase cover whichever format they hold that data in whether it be phone calls, email, etc.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've not been around to respond to this. There has been a lot of other stuff going on in my life like dealing with my mum's estate and the 6 month anniversary of her death.

Where do I send the subject access request? The Uber website has two postal addresses, one in The Netherlands and one in the USA:

Uber B.V. (Mr. Treublaan 7, 1097 DP, Amsterdam, the Netherlands)

Uber Technologies Inc. (1515 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94158, USA)

https://www.uber.com/legal/en/document/?name=privacy-notice&country=great-britain&lang=en-gb

• Like 1

Use our SAR template. It is extremely widely worded. You can make a few minor modifications to suit your purposes – but keep it as wide as possible.

Send it recorded delivery.

Get ready for them to breach the deadline. I don't think they are set up for this kind of thing and make sure that you understand the steps involved in bringing a small claim in the County Court.

• 1 month later...

I've received Uber's response to my SAR. It's exactly the same information that I got at the start of June by following their process to download my information. So that's not massively useful. Is there some specific information I need from Uber before I can commence action? 

I need to start off by saying that although I do understand that you have had lots of difficulties this year, if you want to deal with this then you are going to start having to be on the ball, responding quickly and putting an end to these delays.

Once again, I do understand from looking at this thread that you have had some difficult personal issues but I'm afraid now is the time to start taking control – and you will feel much better if you do that.

This is gone on quite a long time so let's just confirm:

You have got evidence in terms of a bank statement that you made the payment – correct?
You have sent an SAR and they have simply returned the standard data – correct?

On the basis that the SAR should contain everything about your dealings with Uber and details of your account, please can you give us a list of the things which you think are missing.

If you took them to court for a data protection breach, would you be able to prove that their data disclosure to you is incomplete?

Also, it's been far longer than 30 days since your last visit here. Did they supply the disclosure within the 30 day limit?

I have a credit card statement and a Paypal statement that show that I have made the payment. I sent a SAR and they responded with their standard data.

The data provided contains no payment history, which they must have. If they didn't they couldn't claim I owed them any money.

• Like 1

Very good point you make about them not disclosing any information relating to money owed.

You haven't told us about the dates and whether they satisfied the 30 day deadline.

The 30 day deadline depends on when you measure from. I first contacted Uber's support team using the in app function on 15th June and asked for all the data Uber hold. They received my formal request using the CAG template on 5th July. I received their response on 31st July.

Okay . Let's say it is our template one. Their own online thing is useless.

So they responded well within the 30 day limit. That's good – that's very unusual.

You consider that it is incomplete so I suggest that you now send them an email telling them that it's incomplete and that you want everything. Point out that by providing you with an incomplete disclosure they are already in breach and furthermore they are in breach of the 30 day deadline and they may face a legal action if they don't comply.

Get that after them straightaway. Don't set any deadlines. Let us know what you hear in about 10 days to 15 days and then we'll see about sending them a letter of claim and beginning a legal process.

I can imagine that once they look at it all they will understand the mistakes they've made and they will sort it out. If they don't, then it will go at least to mediation – but at some point they will understand what an error they've made.

I think that you could be thinking of claiming about £100 for distress because of their inaccurate data processing and also £50 for distress caused by their failure to comply with the disclosure rules.

Let's see how it goes.