• Tweets

• Please will you send it to our admin email address in confidence
    • pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site  note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.  then log in to the MCOL Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit MCOL. .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... .[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt] . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • thanks andy     Name of the Claimant ? DEBT MANAGERS SERVICES LTD   Date of issue –10/06/21   Date  to acknowledge - 28.06.21   date to submit defence = 12.07.21   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – 1.the claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant under a contract between the defendant and tesco bank. dated on or about jul 31 2008 and assigned to the claimant oct 19 2019 2.notice of assignment has been given to the defendant paticulars a/c xxxxxxxxxxxxxx date 28/02/2021 default balance £2701 post ref CR   What is the total value of the claim? £2701   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?  YES   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  NO   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? NOT APPLICABLE Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? after   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?  online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? dont know   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  assigned to debt purchaser debt managers ltd   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? cant remember   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? cant recall   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? no   Why did you cease payments? illness financial difficulties   What was the date of your last payment? paid them a £1 token payments for some time last payment date 18/07/2020   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no
    • Well no news to report. I contacted the courts-it has now been transferred to Exeter and when they decided to answer the phone on about the sixth attempt all we know now is that it is with the judge awaiting directions. I shall use the waiting time to do an SAR on other companies l have had cold halibuts with and see what that yields....
    • Hi everyone It's Court time on Monday, I'm very nervous and feel quite sick. I've prepared an 8 page Witness Statement with 14 addendums. I hope the Judge will see there is no reason to set aside the Enforcement N322 of 19 January especially as this company has reduced the FOS agreed compensation by over £4,000.   Their Lawyers asked the Courts for a face to face hearing as appose to over the phone. As I live in the North and the hearing is in London I guess it was a way to restrict my input. The Courts refused and citing their reasons for a face to face that "it's very complex" the Courts refused by sating "it is not complex at all".    One slight victory prior to Monday. I feel this company and their Lawyers are still agreived with the FOS Decision. As chance would have it, another decision from the FOS has not gone their way recently too for more than twice what my claim was for.    Anyway, please wish me luck. I'm happy to send anything (witness statement etc) to a private email but I'm too intimidated to post on here.    If this N322 fails, there is little hope that if consumers come across a company like this one, there will be no support from the Courts. My local Court cannot understand how London are even allowing a hearing, they say the Enforcement would and should stand if they were the Court dealing with this.     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Young Europeans being treated with deep suspicion when entering the UK

But Brits could find there's a similar need for documentation when arriving in EU countries.

Certainly, it's become clear recently that French border police can ask for proof of where people are staying and if it's with friends, they're being advised to have an email or a letter from the friends, to say they're extending an invitation. They could have to prove they have medical cover and that they have a return ticket and sufficient funds to last for the length of their stay.

But I haven't heard of anyone being fingerprinted or detained.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum