Parcelforce drove a forklift into the guitar I posted.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I posted a guitar that I sold on reverb.com through parcel2go via parcelforce. The website had a drop down menu asking what the item was and I clicked "musical instrument", it then prompted whether I wanted to insure the guitar and I did. The value of the guitar was £1400, and it quoted me £100 to fully insure.

The guitar arrived completely damaged to the recipient. The guitar was packed in its original hardshell case and then inside a cardboard box.
I covered the box with "Handle with care", yet when it arrived to the buyer there was a hole penetrating the box, the hard case and thus hitting the guitar, damaging it. I immediately put in a claim with parcel2go and within 30 mins they rejected it.

Apparently a musical instrument is "prohibited"?? Yet it sold me some expensive insurance? I have no idea what to do. Parcelforce manhandled the guitar really badly and failed to do their job properly And parcel2go mis-sold me insurance leading me to believe that it would be covered. It is so deceiving, and morally wrong.

What can I do in this situation?

jpg2pdf.pdf

Make sure you gets lots of photographs of everything.

Read as many of the Hermes stories on this sub- forum as you can stand – and understand the way these things normally go.

Draft a letter of claim to P2G and post it here.

Start reading up about the steps involved bring a small claim in the County Court – because that is where it is going to go. Get familiar with the mediation summaries here which describe what happens during the mediation process because that is probably what will happen as well.

If you send a letter of claim then be prepared to go ahead and issue the claim. Don't bluff. Don't imagine that sending a letter of claim will suddenly produce a result. It won't

Probably, yes.

You have to write to them asking them to compensate you. Then (if they don’t fully compensate you) you write a formal letter before claim.

Then, if they don’t settle, you issue the court claim.

BF’s expectation, based on previous similar situations, is that you’ll have to issue the claim before they settle. You have to follow the process, though, in case it goes to a hearing.

I thought we had done that bit