tradeprices.com Returning misdescribed toilet - restocking fee! ***Resolved***

Halfwaythere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help. I ordered a bathroom online from tradeprices.com this was received on the 20th April. When the order came my husband checked all items were received and we not broken. The plumbers came to fit it yesterday and the toilet they sent is the wrong one that I ordered, it’s is a floating one that doesn’t fit in our bathroom and we didn’t order that. We had to go out and buy another. I have contacted the company and they are saying I have to pay a 25% restocking fee as it says in their terms and conditions and I am better selling it myself ! Can anyone tell me if they are allowed to do this even thought they have made the error? Thanks 

Can anyone help.

I ordered a bathroom online from tradeprices.com

this was received on the 20th April.

When the order came my husband checked all items were received and we not broken.

The plumbers came to fit it yesterday and the toilet they sent is the wrong one that I ordered,

it’s is a floating one that doesn’t fit in our bathroom and we didn’t order that.

We had to go out and buy another.

I have contacted the company and they are saying I have to pay a 25% restocking fee as it says in their terms and conditions and I am better selling it myself !

Can anyone tell me if they are allowed to do this even thought they have made the error? Thanks 

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

did you inform the company of the wrong item by May 20th and by what method.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please note that I have restructured your post to make it more readable by introducing spacing. I haven't been able to do much about the punctuation.

Please will you tell us the name of the supplier.

The supplier is acting unlawfully.

Please check back for a fuller reply later or tomorrow

• Thanks 1

The plumbers came to fit it yesterday and the toilet they sent is the wrong one that I ordered,

Restocking fees are illegal and not applicable anyway even if in their T&Cs when its the suppliers error...you bought online so your covered by the Consumer Rights Act and in particular Distance selling.

If they dont play ball you can always do a section 75 claim from your credit card.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Please say nothing at the moment. We need to decide the best course of action which I think will be a county court claim for breach of contract and also unfair trading

26 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Restocking fees are illegal and not applicable anyway even if in their T&Cs when its the suppliers error...you bought online so your covered by the Consumer Rights Act and in particular Distance selling.

If they dont play ball you can always do a section 75 claim from your credit card.

Just said this and said they will give me a full refund ! Thank you ! Are they responsible for paying the return or me ? Thanks

They are responsible for all return costs.

It is best that you get them to make arrangements for collection because it then remains their responsibility.

If you want to take responsibility for the return and there was some problem such as it becomes lost or broken then you will have an additional problem

Get them to arrange collection by their own courier

I'm pleased for you – but it's a shame that you had to resort to this.

Many people would have simply accepted their so-called restocking fee and from that point of view I'm extremely disappointed that we didn't issue a claim against them and also claim for unfair trading – which is what that was.

If they have a clause in their terms and conditions to the effect that there is a restocking fee even where there is a misdescription, then that is unfair trading.

Anyway, well done and thanks for updating us.

• BankFodder changed the title to tradeprices.com Returning misdescribed toilet - restocking fee!
1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

I'm pleased for you – but it's a shame that you had to resort to this.

Many people would have simply accepted their so-called restocking fee and from that point of view I'm extremely disappointed that we didn't issue a claim against them and also claim for unfair trading – which is what that was.

If they have a clause in their terms and conditions to the effect that there is a restocking fee even where there is a misdescription, then that is unfair trading.

Anyway, well done and thanks for updating us.

the manage who I had dealt with previously advised I was given the wrong information and he would speak to his colleague and apologised.

yes many would just accept it and I would have if I wouldn’t have asked advise on a forum like this. 

many thanks again everyone. 

• Like 1

• Andyorch changed the title to tradeprices.com Returning misdescribed toilet - restocking fee! ***Resolved***