• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclays Fraud marker registered to me in 2018

aqua0912
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post here I’ll try to include as much detail as possible but I’m not going to mention any names as they are currently investigating and I don’t want to interrupt that.

the bank in question have loaded me onto the National Hunter database in 2018 for “False instruments paid in”, I only found this data a couple of weeks ago.

This is what I believe to be over a payment I received from a close friend at the time for around £500, he transferred it me I drew it out in the branch to go and collect some parts for a project we was working on as his cards limit was lower and he was in my car with me I didn’t see it as an issue. 

We had previously transferred money to and from each other’s accounts without any issues. However shortly after I withdrew this money I was left with my bank account frozen. And ultimately closed a couple of weeks later, this was extremely stressful at the time as my salary was paid into here...

My said friend is also a customer of this bank himself!

Now my question is, does the bank have any grounds in which they can register me on this fraud database just for withdrawing the money, it’s not exactly a large sum?

Thanks,

• aqua0912 changed the title to Fraud marker registered to me in 2018

You say "they" are currently investigating – who are we talking about here?

We will need to know the name of the bank that you are dealing with – and there is no downside to this for you. It won't interfere with any investigation.

Have you checked your credit file? Have you checked the CIFAS database?

I suggest that you send an SAR to the bank and also Hunter.

How long have you had your bank account? Has it been well conducted or has it been problematic? Do you have regular salaries et cetera going in? Any other odd lump sums?

I have to say it does sound a bit of an overreaction for a transaction simply of £500.

You say that your friend has an account with the same bank – but presumably your friend is not impacted in any way. Would the bank be able to make a link between this transaction and your friend's account at all?

Barclays, I had the account several years my salary was paid into there etc... it was my main account. Never had any issues on there not used overdraft, occasionally had money from my father for several thousand but that was probable quite a while before they froze and close my account. 

I have sent SAR’s to CIFAS, N Hunter and Barclays, all responded Barclays wasn’t helpful at all. CIFAS hold no data on me. N Hunter has the fraud marker registered on my name.

I contacted him, he hasn’t got anything on his files as I told him what had happened and he also sent of SAR to the company’s above, the transfer was from a current account in his name at Halifax I’m not sure if Barclays can see who sent the money?

Thank you.

So it is Barclays which is causing the problem – and you say that Barclays have been unhelpful.
In what way have they been unhelpful?

I meant as in the SAR I received back from them was unhelpful. It was pretty much just my statement from the years I had my current account with them, and the letter they sent me when they was closing down my account.

Speaking with them on the phone no one will tell me anything other than I should hear back “soon”
Thanks for helping me out

Well your file with Barclays must contain discussions or notes of an investigation relating to the decision to close your account. Were there no references to this?

When did you submit the SAR? And when did the disclosure arrive?

No references to anything like that, no discussions, I received my response from them around 1 month ago after waiting longer than I should've had to because they didn’t initially email me the reference number I needed to access it. So I had to wait another week for the next one to arrive

Please could you post up the SAR that you sent to them.

No, the request that you sent to them.

Also I realise that in your opening post you said that there was an investigation which was currently underway.
I gathered that it was Barclays who is carrying out this investigation – but if they have made the decision against you, why are they still investigating?

I requested my data from here https://www.apply.barclays.co.uk/forms/gdpr?execution=e1s1

Then I had to contact [email protected] due to not receiving the reference number I needed.

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough, I’ve complained and they haven’t given me their final response yet but reading other people’s posts it doesn’t look like they will remove it.

No I don't expect they will remove it.

I'd like to know more about your subject access request. I'm not able to access the page that you posted – maybe you could access it again and then take a screenshot of exactly way that your SAR request was couched

I don’t quite understand what you want me to show you, I filled in all my details for them to identify me, they asked what my SAR was in relation to and I selected current account (As I also had a Barclaycard). I can PM you the actual response they sent me with my statements and letter they sent if that would help?

Thanks again for your help, why do you not expect they will remove it?

I think you need to send them a new SAR. This time use our template. Keep it very wide. You won't need to modify the template very much.

Make a diary note of the return date and keep us updated

These people would rather eat their own children or do something disgustingly rude to their grannies before they would ever undo anything that they had done to your credit file or any other fraud database.

I’ve just had a quick read through your template. That’s brilliant, thank you very much I’ll be sending that off to them to get as much info as I can... suspect I’ll have to escalate this to FOS.

Where do I find the address of who I need to send this to? I only have the email address of the data protection officer 

The data protection officer is the correct address. Don't expect them to be pleased about this SAR and I can even imagine that they may knock you back saying that it is simply a repeat of an existing one. We will have to deal with that when we get to it.

Don't expect the FOS to be at all helpful. They are simply an industry poodle – but the only useful thing might be that they will conduct some kind of half-hearted investigation and that might draw a bit more information out from Barclays – but see what your SAR produces first of all.

By the way, going to the FOS – don't expect it to be quick. You will have to wait eight weeks for Barclays to complete their so-called "investigation" – and then you send it to the FOS and you can expect between six months and nine months.

I hope you've got another bank account – if you are able to get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

received my SAR back today... they’ve told me it’s a duplicate request of a previous one.

How shall I proceed?

My complaints been escalated and they’re investigating and asking me for any evidence I’ve got.

They’re also asking for copies of my friends credit file and SAR. Surely I’m not allowed to give them this?

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays Fraud marker registered to me in 2018

Rather as predicted – they said it was a repeat. However, you haven't been able to tell us what your original SAR requested so we are not able to say accurately whether it is a repeat.

You really should be keeping copies of things that you send off especially when you are dealing with companies which effectively are your enemy. This is why you should also record calls. Read our customer services guide.
You say that the statutory disclosure they made to you was simply bank statements and the letter closing your account.

Can you identify other items which should have been included in the disclosure – but weren't. Have you got any examples of correspondence or messages from them which weren't included in the statutory disclosure.
What I'm getting at is have you got evidence which shows that the disclosure which they eventually made to you under the SAR rules was incomplete.

Hi sorry, coincidence or what they’ve just called me.

They have removed the marker but can’t elaborate on why it was there.

I am happy with their response anyway as I can get on with things now!

thank you very much for how in depth you was with your replies

Well that is very good news.

Frankly I wouldn't let it stay there and I would be going for some compensation. It's up to you – but I would want to explore further.

I would certainly want to send them on SAR now because there must have been further discussions and so the SAR would not be a repeat. I would also want to know who they had shared my data with.

It's up to you.

Well done on the apparent success so far and thank you for updating us.

However, these people need a slap and we can help you give them one.

Hi Aqua,

This is great news but, like BFodder, I'd want to know what was behind all this, namely :-

1. What led Barclays to close the account.

2. Who they reported to and what they said.

3. What has made them reconsider now.

I'm sure they've only now agreed to withdraw the marker because they could see they'd have to justify their actions and you were not going to let the matter rest.

I'd be looking for information, explanations and compensation.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)