Badgers VS Natwest Business Account

Badgers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a NatWest business account 28th October 2004 and struggled with my business which meant incurring a lot of charges due to monthy fees not being paid and some bounced cheques.

Just phoned the business banking line (0845 600 2803) who confirmed the date the account was opened. I requested a full statement history from the date of account opening.

The first thing they said was that the only way I could collect my historic statements from my branch. As a business banking customer I have no branch to speak of as far as I recall but they advised my branch was in Hornchurch in Essex. First I heard of this as I opened the account in SW1 London. They passed me onto the Hornchurch branch but their systems are all done so can't do anything :-x for at least half an hour.

A quick Google shows the Hornchurch bank under the following address:

Natwest

9 Elm Parade

Elm Park

Hornchurch

Essex

RM12 4RL

Now I already feel that rather than journey out here from SE1 and pay the rail fair I would be better off just sending my £5 or £10 directly and have them posted to me.

Seems the banks are not making this easy are they :D

Hornchurch is NatWest Direct Business Banking. Technically it is not the branch where the statements would be sent to normally. Can you clarify if you receive bank statements through the post? If yes then copy statements to you at your address, If not then they need to send them to the nearest branch to you. Why should you travel to a branch that will not have the statements than for the statements to travel to a branch of your convenience?

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.

Hi Badgers

That sounds very unreasonable.

I recently won my business account claim against Natwest, statements were eventually sent to my address, but it did take many pestering phone calls to this number 08456052605.

Be persistent and send a DPA request, without this they may be awkward. However I was sent all my statements for £5, but I felt the DPA helped considerably.

Good luck

Hornchurch is NatWest Direct Business Banking. Technically it is not the branch where the statements would be sent to normally. Can you clarify if you receive bank statements through the post? If yes then copy statements to you at your address, If not then they need to send them to the nearest branch to you. Why should you travel to a branch that will not have the statements than for the statements to travel to a branch of your convenience?

That sounds like a good plan.

Although they are not able to arrange this due to 'system issues' at the moment they did say (quite happily) that they would provide them all for me without me requesting in writing and debit me £5 for the pleasure.

Have you tried calling up your statments on line. I think you can go back two years.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Have you tried calling up your statments on line. I think you can go back two years.

Sadly I was not 'credit worthy' to be given an account with any online access so I just had a cheque book.

Abagnale[/left];414939]

Hornchurch

is

NatWest

Direct Business Banking. Technically it is not the branch where the statements would be sent to normally. Can you clarify if you receive bank statements through the post? If yes then copy statements to you at your address, If not then they need to send them to the nearest branch to you. Why should you travel to a branch that will not have the statements than for the statements to travel to a branch of your convenience?

Cheers

Abagnale

I called them and their systems are now finally sorted after the 30 minutes (18 hours really) they promised.

I needed to change the address on the account, cancel a standing order and request my statements from October 2004.

The change of address takes 2 weeks to action

The cancellation of the standing order can't be actioned until the address is changed :-x

The statements CAN be sent to my local branch but guess what...........It takes two weeks!!!!

Interestingly the woman was about to hang up when I stopped her and asked 'how will I know when I can collect the statements'. She had

absolutely

no idea and had to call her supervisor!!!

Rocket science this stuff?

The standing order thingy is wrong because if you walked into any natwest branch you could cancel the standing order on the spot. The statements taking two weeks is maximum time, in terms of when to collect them I would check if the local branch has them in say a week.

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.