Baywatch then Gladstone with a PCN by camera

Hi, I've looked through the New members, and may have missed something, so apologies in advance.

Wish I'd found this website several months ago, I've probably made rookie errors.

Quick summary,

I made an emergency stop in a car park, for about 40 minutes, in the summer of 2019. We didn't leave the car, and left when the emergency was clear.

Some 2 months later, I received a letter demanding money from Mr Baywatch. My car had been photographed entering and leaving.

From the time of the incident, till the letter I'd moved house. DVLA were taking 8-10 weeks to turn round change of addresses. The person who posted the letters had taken over my old address.

Contacted Baywatch, explained I'd moved house and could they send my a copy of the original PCN. Still had 11 days before the 28 day timer on the letter I had ran out.  A couple of emails pinged back and forth, then Baywatch said they could no loner communicate with me as the debt had been passed on.

Some weeks later I received a letter from Gladstones, they'd also sent the letter to the wrong address, despite me telling Baywatch the correct address. I have raised this as an issue with the ICO as I believe they have misused my data. I have also raised a complaint with the BPA about Baywatch, as I believe they have broken the BPA code, a number of times, especially in their dragging out the response.

I'm new to this as I have never had a ticket before.

I have never heard of POPLA, didn't know I could appeal, as nothing on the Baywatch letter said I could appeal. What has further confused me is that the when I visited the site some months later to look at the signage, it said it was managed by Branby Wilson. How does that work?

Over 2 months ago I had a "bundle" from Gladstones.

I wrote to them twice challenging them on a number of points and asking some questions. I gave them until the 5 Apr 21 to respond, they never did.

I emailed them to ask them to respond. Got a abrupt response to say, they were busy, they have more than 1 file blah blah. Responded that is their issue, not mine.

here I am 66 days later and still no answers or clarification to my questions. I'm also awaiting the outcome to my complaints from the BPA and ICO.

Suppose I suspect the answer to my question, yet how long do they have to respond to me?

I get 28 days each time, and come the 28th day both companies send out their next letter. I'm 66 days in and nothing.

I complained to their office manger who hasn't responded and is now on holiday until Jun 21. 

please complete this:

Have you received a Parking Ticket? - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

and scan up everything in/out till today into one mass multipage FDP.

read our upload guide carefully.

next time don't bother appealing ever. just wait until/unless you get a letter of claim. then reply with a non admittance snotty letter.

as you've shot yourself in the foot and removed your protection under pofa2012 by outing who was driving.

there is no such things as only 

the issue of sending letters to an old addresses not the new one isn't really anything to complain about, as long as gladstones have your correct address then job done.

so have you had a letter of claim yet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'll upload the documents Sunday, is that just the letters I've received? 

My naivety, in shooting myself in the foot.

I believe I've had the letter of claim, as I disputed the debt, although the letter doesn't say letter of claim. Also suspect it was as the email I received later said "bundle" in the attachment. I recall from supporting a friend in a family court that a bundle is what normally ends up in the court.

Cheers for the prompt response.

do the ANPR section of the questionnaire please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

By "bundle" you just mean rubbish that Gladstone's themselves have sent you, right?  You haven't had anything from a court?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread