CAG 5%, Claim as counsel fees?

photoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What about this as an idea........just that at moment.....all comments and suggestions welcome. I hope this becomes a lively discussion thread.

Anyhow, What about the idea of adding the 5% you plan to give to CAG ( God knows they deserve it, and anyone who doesn't should recive a £25 "Charge as advised") somehow onto your expenses as Counsel and advice fees ?? Just a thought, maybe a nieve one, but maybe ther might be some way? After all you get to claim Court fees and expenses?

Any ideas anyone ??

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

PS: Meant that as in addition to any voluntary donation you may still give ! Not as an....... "if I get it they can have it" ........type scenario !!!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

I don't think you get expenses paid in the small claims court. Anyway, to qualify as an expense would it not have to have been already paid against an invoice? don't know how it would work as a donation and what would the implications for CAG be of receiving a 'fee'? just thinking out loud here.

• 4 weeks later...

Just followed the link here, P-M. I'm not sure on this, but I believe certain costs are reclaimable in the SCC, aren't they ? It's just that costs of representation, etc. aren't, I thought.

So, OK., it seems as rbrears says, "No chance" for claiming a 5% CAG donation as a "cost."

But, before it gets to court, one can still claim that from the banks, surely. If it's worded in "such a way" that it appears to be some consultation fee in lieu of solicitors' advice, then one can put it to the bank as a part of one's claim (prelim & LBA) to them, surely ? It's up to them to decide whether they will pay up, or haggle. Some of them are real miserly, and will spot it and refuse - but some just seem to pay up without such scrutiny.