Parcelhero Broken Item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening

Used Parcelhero to deliver a Cast Iron potato chipper, like a fool paid for the extra insurance and stated that the item was over 20kg when it was only 15kg

Recipient informs with pictures that the item had been delivered broken.

Applied to Parcelhero for compensation

After a few email to Parcelhero with picture evidence they refused compensation stating the packaging did not meet the desired specifications

Where do I stand now?

thanks

So they say that the packaging did not meet the desired specifications. What do you want to say about that?

Maybe you could post up a photograph in PDF format.

Which courier service was it?

You've been here a long time so I expect that you are already fairly familiar with the Hermes sub- forums here. Whichever courier service it was, the story will probably broadly the same.

You haven't told us what the value of this item was. Was the value correctly declared?

In my email I stated that the driver could have refused collection if it wasn't packed correctly, also to have broken such an item it would have had to have been dropped from a great height.

It was Parcel Force who collected the item.

I will look at the Hermes Sub Forum

Yes declared it was £75 and asked for £75

Many thanks

Parcelhero.pdf

Was the external packaging intact? How might they have discerned that it was not correctly packed?

What photographs did you send them?

The buyer said the packaging was broken.

I have attached photos of the item before despatch and photos sent from the buyer of the broken item

also their packaging criteria

many thanks

Parcel Hero #3.pdf Parcelhero #2.pdf

Edited by webbscatering

Thank you. But I understand that you sent photographs to the delivery company . Is that right? What photographs did you send them

my apologies BF, I have not sent any photos to Parcel Force the delivery company been dealing directly with Parcelhero.

Bar a few I sent them pretty much what's posted here.

cheers

Yes, I meant Parcelhero. My mistake.

So you sent them all of those photographs. Why did you send those photographs? Did they criticise the packaging before they receive the photos or after they received photos?

I expect that we can help you get your money back but I would like it to be made easy rather than difficult.

What troubles me is that the pictures you have shown of the packaging show a box which to my eye seems to be made of quite flimsy cardboard – but more importantly, this is to be very little evidence of any packing to protect the machine that is inside it.

Morning, 

I believe most of the packaging was discarded by the buyer who had gone back into the skip to pull out what she could. The item was wrapped in packing film the stuff they use to wrap pallets in before it was packed up.

That was the first thing they asked was evidence of damage to the box, so the buyer took these pictures and sent them to me, which I passed on to the company.

I'm afraid that you haven't done yourself any favours. Did you include any note to the effect that this was not all of the packaging?

Well I'm afraid that's a Big Fail then. You can't blame them for thinking that the packaging was inadequate – and we will have to work our way around it.

Did they ask you for photographs of the packaging?

Appreciate the help, here is the email sent when I first instigated the claim:-

Siraj Adrian Tamang (ParcelHero®) 

14 May 2021, 10:33 BST 

Dear,

I am really sorry that your parcel has been damaged during transit, I will do everything I can to help you submit a claim for the damaged items.

First, we need to assess the level of damage to the packaging and the items inside your shipment, and we do this by reviewing photos of the damage.

Occasionally we may also need to arrange a physical damage inspection of the items and packaging, in order to process your claim.

Please do not move the damaged parcel from the delivery location or discard any of the packaging materials, as it may affect your claim.

Secondly, please submit the following information to support your claim within 14 calendar days of the delivery of your item (The date of delivery being considered as day 1)

1. Clear images of: 
    a. The external packaging, and especially any visible damages to this material. 
    b. The internal packaging (showing how each item was packaged), including
    any damage caused.
    c. Any damage to the item/s inside the parcel.

2. Any other supporting documentation or information you wish to provide to 
    support your claim (for example; if the goods were packaged in the original
    manufacturers packaging this information is very useful to support your claim)

I will then review the evidence you send me, and respond within 7 working days to confirm if a physical damage inspection will be required.

Then what?
1. If a physical inspection of your goods is required, it can take up to 14 days to arrange for your goods to be collected, examined and then returned to you.
2. If the packaging is found to be sufficient and we accept your claim, we will send you a claim form which you must return to us within 7 days.
3. Once we receive the completed claim form back, it will then take up to 14 days for us to process your claim and issue payment.

Once again, I’d like to extend my sincere apologies to you and assure you that we take every claim very seriously. At ParcelHero® we are committed to providing the very best service possible and this starts by only working with the best global carriers in the world, and it ends with dedicated customer care when you need our support.

I will move forward with your claim as soon as I receive your images, and I will do everything I can to ensure this matter is resolved to your satisfaction

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Siraj Adrian Tamang
ParcelHero® Claims Department

Well they specifically ask you not to discarded packaging. As an important part of the packaging was already discarded, then frankly you shouldn't have provided them with any images at all and you should have told them that it was too late as the packaging had already been disposed of. As I have already said, you haven't helped yourself. Not even to the extent of informing them that the majority of the internal packing had already been discarded by the customer.

Because of this you've put yourself in a difficult position.
Are there signs of any damage to the box itself – in other words to the external packaging? When the box arrived at your customer, was it immediately noticeable that the box had been damaged?
Maybe you can provide pictures of the exterior of the box – particularly showing any damage.

So I see even the purchaser seems to be a bit unhappy with your packaging. You had better not send that message to PH

Does your purchaser still have the item? And are they still up for taking it off your hands for half price?

Yes they still have it and still up for taking it off my hands. I’m not sure that I’m entirely to blame for the packaging, when it left me the driver was happy it was sufficiently packed, on a previous occasion the very same driver refused to take something because he’s wasn’t packed to the correct standard. Ever since I have packed everything correctly. So from leaving me to the buyer something happened to the packing and item, more than likely dropped. 
thanks

Well in that case, seeing that you have pretty well done everything you possibly could to harm your position, short of showing them your willy , I would suggest that you mitigate your loss by accepting the offer which has been made by the purchaser and then set about recouping the balance from PH.

I would respond to PH, we can figure out a form of words regarding the packaging – but it will be broadly the argument which I have suggested above and frankly is pretty well identical to the comments that your purchaser made in respect of the mishandling of this item.

I'd put it to PH that as a gesture of goodwill to them, you are prepared to settle for £45 that you are prepared to take a legal action if they won't play.

See what they say. Hopefully they'll come back with a counter proposal of about £30 or £35 – but if not then we'll help you send a letter of claim if you want and I can't imagine that they are going to put up much of a fight to save just a few quid. You might have to issue the claim and it might end up going to mediation but at mediation you could then agree to accept 40 quid or so plus your court expenses which would make you quits.
By securing some kind of compromise from you they will feel that they have gained some Face.

If this approach doesn't appeal to you then we'll certainly help you bring an action for the lot but it seems to me that this is a slicker way to deal with it

I’ll give it a miss to be honest, I’ve got a lot more going on than to worry about 37.50, I’ll put it down to “every days a school day”. 
Thanks for your help BF as always invaluable and knowledgeable.

• Thanks 1