Backdoor £4k CCJ OPS/(GS Carpark)/QDR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter discovered on her Credit report a few weeks ago that she had this CCJ.  She lives with me so I see her post. She is 24. We until now had no knowledge of this. This 'One Parking Solution ' company represented by QDR Solicitors who seem to have have a bad reputation all round both parking company and Solicitors from what have now begun to find out.

I contacted the courts to see what information they could provide me. After contacting them twice they sent the particulars of the case with Solicitors info.  The charges amount to over £4000. 

The firm claims its been since 2018 when a single ticket was issued and then further tickets were issued in 2019. My daughter has not had this vehicle in question for over 2 years now. She has never had any paper tickets issued. We have never received anything in the post in all this time.

This car park is also not there now as I have tried to get proof of photos as all we have is an email consisting of ticket numbers and were told by Solicitors if you want proof of photos you need to ask the car park company,  this has now been taken over by another company.

My daughters name is also spelt incorrectly in regards to the spelling and when I mentioned this to the Solicitors firm they said it would have been confirmed by DVLA. I said well surely DVLA would have the correct details. 

So we are wondering how to fight this. any help will be appreciated.  

Thanks in advance.  

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor £4k CCJ OPS/(GS Carpark)/QDR

they are not fines, but speculative invoices from a private parking firm.

so somehow they have managed to get a backdoor CCJ to an old address?

was the car registered to an old address? 

did she use this car park until she sold the car?

can you type out the Particulars of Claim please remove her name and reg leave the rest in please, exact wording is important.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Particulars of the claim

1.the claimants claim is for multiple parking charges issued to vehicle when parked at the locations specified in the detailed particulars of claim.

2.the sites are managed by the one parking solution ltd.

3.the defendant is the keeper, or the driver named by the keeper

4.in accordance with sched. 4 of the protection of freedom act 2012, of the vehicle. parking at the site is subject to the parking restrictions and terms and conditions set out on signs at the site, which form part of a contract between the driver or keeper of the vehicle and the claimant.

5.the defendant has breached these terms and conditions and the claimant claims damages and interest accordingly. detailed claim particulars to follow.

i will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form.

( thus document above was sent from the court.)

Our address has remained unchanged for many years. So post is it not a problem hence why we have disputed not receiving anything via postal service.  

hope this is correct in regards to what you are asking.  

The fleecers generally send out their PCN, then a couple of reminder letters, then a few threats from debt collectors, and finally perhaps a Letter Before Claim.  Here they will have done all of this around 15 times (to get to a figure of £4000).  It's not credible to believe they did none of that, and even if they somehow did, there's also the matter of the court papers never arriving.

There must be another address involved somehow.

Has your daughter never moved out?  To university maybe?  Has the car always been registered to your address?

Normally i would suggest to SAR OPS to get to the bottom of this, but that would be like poking them with a big stick, this is a very large amount of money and over the £600 limit above which they can use high court bailiffs for enforcement.  Tread very carefully.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you obv did not receive the above notthe sep POC.

what address is on that claimform, did you ask northants bulk that?

if not ring and do so.

if the address is her home now, then you might well have a good set aside should you have not received it.

please get that address this could be the key.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We have had no mail at all as stated previously.  No one has contacted us. We knew nothing about this until she looked up he credit report on money supermarket.  THIS is when it all came to light.

I myself have contacted The courts to discuss this and chase things up. Hence looking for assistance on places such as this forum. My daughter has always lived at home. The old car was registered to same address we live at currently and she has since then changed vehicles twice. 

There would be no reason for someone to not be able to contact her/locate her. 

did you check with northants bulk the address on the CLAIMFORM and the address on the judgement CCJ?

you can request these by email pdf for a small fee.

and they

thats ok slowly catchy monkey.

something doesn't fit here as there seriously would have been probably about 100 letters before a court claim for so many PCN's

does she know the car park? Ie did she park there ?

dx

• Like 1

and they

The car park was known to us as it was in the city centre amongst a few. This has now been taken over and into a bigger one by another parking space that was next to it so this 'Gs parking ' does not exist here anymore , I googled it for the area to try and get contact numbers as the solicitors have no photos.  

and she did park there often.....

and they

so yes.... now get that service address

and they

payment line?

dx

and they

You could also write to the DVLA and ask them how many times OPS asked for your daughters details and what address did they give. They have to ask the DVLA each time for details-they cannot just copy them from earlier PCNs.

Once you have given you the address, if you don't recognise it, you could then ask the DVLA where and when they got that address. 

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

whats the rush to pay it?

dx

and they

What you need to find out from the court is the address the court papers went to.  I strongly suspect not your address.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I had to request the copy of the Ccj from the courts as you suggested  and the payment line closes by a certain time of day. So I've managed to do the request today. This could take can upto 7 days I am being told. So now we will have to wait and see what the details are on this once received @dx100uk

Edited by Impressmum

• 2 weeks later...

So have the court sent you anything?  Any update on the address issue?

• 3 weeks later...

update. finally got the email from the court. It showed our address. 

which we still had not received originally.  

We have now gone back to QDR solicitors   Stating the 'Notice to Keeper Rule'

Discovered this on Money supermarket website.  We have had nothing in the post. 

My partner is helping now as he has been here too and knows there has been nothing received in the post in the last 1.5 years at this property in regards to any of this.  

The solicitors have been spoken to already (QDR) Who said they would put a 30 day hold on things.  Funnily we haven't heard from them. 

Car park itself is no longer in its location to obtain photos.  It has no other parking sites in our local area as I googled it. 

I have to say this bemuses me.  How on earth did around 100 letters and two county court claim forms disappear into the ether?  Can you think of anything?  Is there any chance your post was being stolen?

Anyway, do what lookinforinfo suggested in post 16 re the DLVA, if you haven't already.

Send a SAR to OPS as well.

Don't take anything that QDR solicitors say seriously.  They're not really representing the company in the traditional way that a solicitor represents a client, they just take a few quid to send out a Letter Before Claim.

It is OPS who will take decisions, and watch out that they can get high court bailiffs in here. 

You will have to get the judgements set aside, but part of that will be convincing the judge you never got the original claim forms so couldn't defend.