• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrow/Shoosmiths Ordinary Cause Court Claim - Old HSBC Loan Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, 

My situation is as follows, in 2014 my husband and I moved to Australia, leaving behind some debt. Things didn't work out as planned with our residency in Australia and we had to return mid 2017. I am self employed since 2017.

This relates to Scottish debt

I have received a form05 sheriff court citation (including a time to pay order) on behalf of Arrow Global who have acquired the debt from hsbc. Sum owed is £9772. 

Payments defaulted in jan2016 but the creditor sought court action in nov 2020 and I am told the debt cannot be prescribed or statute barred.

additional debts all defaulted late 2015 early 2016 so I am uncertain which ones are still live or can be considered prescribed. I have obtained an equifax credit report so can view that meantime.

Having spoken to Money Matters and Scottish debt charity, I have a couple of options apparently. A das( debt arrangement scheme), trust deed or insolvency . I was never contacted by arrow global with details of assignation etc despite them intonating this in the writ.

I’d really like to know what my options are(if any) as this is making me feel quite sick. I have until 2nd June to respond.

Sorry for long winded message , any help would be very much appreciated.

TIA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Arrow/? Ordinary Cause Court Claim - Old HSBC Debt
19 minutes ago, Dog Lover 123 said:

Payments defaulted in jan2016 but the creditor sought court action in nov 2020 and I am told the debt cannot be prescribed or statute barred.

Also...expand on the above, that doesn't stop the SB clock unless some got judgement in nov 2020.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

name the issuing court: Hamilton Sheriff Court

Who Is The Claimant: Arrow Global Limited

Who Are the Solicitors: Shoosmiths LLP, Saltire Court, Edinburgh

What type of action? (Simple/Ordinary):Ordinary

What is the claim for – I'm not certain i have the correct information

look for the words which FOLLOWS [substantial connection with Scotland]

NOTE THE EXACT WORDING IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOUR CASE SO GET IT RIGHT.

The pursuers crave the Court to grant decree against the defender for payment to the pursuers of the sum of XXXX together with expenses.

type out ALL the text [minus pers details] [D4 BOX SPR FORM] or [Condescendence from Writ]

NOTE THE EXACT WORDING IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOUR CASE SO GET IT RIGHT.

1. The parties are as designed in the instance. The defender resides at XXXX. The defender has been so resident for more than three months immediately preceding the raising of this action. The defender is domiciled there. This Court accordingly has jurisdiction. There are no proceedings pending before any other Court involving the present cause of action between the parties hereto. No agreement exists prorogating jurisdiction to another Court.

2. The pursuers are a finance company which inter alia operates the business of debt purchasing. By virtue of a debt purchase agreement ("the Agreement") between the pursuers and HSBC Bank plc ("the Original Owner") dated 19 December 2016, the pursuer acquired title to and was assigned the right to payment in respect of all debts and other monetary claims of any nature due or owing by the defenders to the Original Owner which were in existence as at the date of the Agreement, and in particular in relation to the contract hereinafter condescended upon. The said assignation was intimated to the defender by way of a written notice on or around 19 December 2016.

3. The said contract between the Original Owner and the defender is a regulated credit agreement in terms of Section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It is dated 11 March 2013, and relates to a Personal Loan Agreement with account number XXXX. It was a term of said agreement that a failure to meet any instalment on a due date would render the account in default and would entitle the pursuer to serve a notice of default on the defender requiring the defender to remedy the breach within 14 days which failing the agreement would be terminated.

4. On or around 27 January 2016 the defender failed to make payment of a sum which had fallen due and the said account thereby entered into default. A Default Notice was issued to the Defender on 27 January 2016. The Defender failed to remedy the default following upon service of the said notice and the account was accordingly terminated in accordance with that notice. The account remains in default. The sum due thereunder is due and payable now. As at the date hereof, the sum due in terms of the said agreement amounts to £xxxx. In terms of the Agreement and the written notice hereinbefore condescended upon, the right to receive payment of the sums due in terms of the said account vests in the Pursuer. A copy of the credit agreement, statements of account and notice of assignation will be produced in any defended process to follow hereon.

5. The defender has been called upon to make payment of the sums sued for. They refuse or at least delay in doing so. This action is accordingly necessary.

date of raised claim [or court stamp date from writ or date from ] :- At Hamilton on the 24 November 2020

Last Date Of Service [or from form 07]:- Date of Service 12th May 2021

Last Date For Response [or from form 07]:- 3rd June 2021

What Documents are listed in Box E2:[or in your form requesting the same?] Form 03 (application for time to pay direction or time order) & Form 07 (notice of intention to defend)

Is the claim for ......an Overdraft, credit card, loan account, HP Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt? :- Loan

BOX D4 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL

Date of Agreement: – 11/03/2013
Reference Number: – is this the original creditors account number? (y/n) Unknown (ends 4321) 

how many digits does it have? 8
Unpaid balance: - £9772

BOX D5 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL or [Pleas in law from the writ]

1. The pursuers having acquired the right to payment of the sums due by the defender under and in terms of the Contract as hereinbefore condescended upon, the pursuers are entitled to payment of the sums due in terms thereof.

2. The sum sued for representing the debit balance due under the Contract, decree for this amount should be pronounced as craved.

…..

from your knowledge: answer the following:

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after 2007 ( March 2013)

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.:- Account was assigned and it is debt purchaser who has issued claim.

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I was living overseas at the time of assignment (from writ it was issued in December 2016)

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No, I was overseas

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

When was you last payment:- Uncertain but would guess approx mid 2015

Why did you cease payments:- was living overseas

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

Expanding on additional information - I expect that it has taken 4/5 months since the warrant of citation was sought to establish my current address as the writ states my previous address (prior to moving overseas in 2015)

Edited by Dog Lover 123

ok well they can't do that.

its when it gets served on you pers, which i take it the sheriffs officers did at your door and signed and dated the doc when handed to you.

the debt is statute barred 

easily dealt with.

just confirm the above please

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Arrow/Shoosmiths Ordinary Cause Court Claim - Old HSBC Loan Debt

nothing to be confused about ... you don't owe a penny. the debt is statute barred.

the debt is more than 5yrs old it's dead gone extinguished under Scottish law.

later you file this:

1 The Claimant's claim was served on (insert date).
 2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973, Section 6 
 If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract,
 in excess of 5 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.
 under Scottish laws the debt is now extinguished
 3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

4. i wish the return of my £129 Form 07 Fee from the Pursuer
 Regards 

nicked from Andyorch

for now just fill out the form 07 as my example attached.

Form07.pdf

and they

Wow, and to think I thought I was out of options. 

Thank you so much for your assistance. 

Just to be sure, I send the intention to defend first, followed by a letter stating points re statute barred (to the solicitor and sheriff court)?  In a time frame or just if I receive further communication? 

Thank you

its a only a scamming DCA debt buyer, as with any DCA...they have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt no matter what it's type nor are bailiffs in any form whatsoever. ask yourself this question...why didn't HSBC take you to court themselves and crush you dead? why sell it for 10p=£1.

it's a speculative claim hoping as you were just about too...wet yourself and cough up.

the defence is for latter.

type in ordinary cause in our search top right red banner

and they

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Update on case, having submitted my NID, payment and defence, sheriff court have advised me to await court hearing date. 

Would you recommend I get in touch with arrow global? Or just await the date and take it from there?  

god no you never invite pointless letter tennis.

so you filed our SB defence?

and they

good 

yours is not the next move.

dx

and they

I've just received a letter from Shoosmiths stating that they will no longer be managing the account on behalf of Arrow global. They will only be dealing with the court proceedings and enforcement activity but the account will now be managed by Equivo which appears to be a merged company incorporating Shoosmiths. 

Have to admit I'm fearing the worst. 

means nothing..

simply that shoosmiths are now part of the equivo group.

Shoosmiths and Chartsbridge launch recoveries solution firm Enviro - Credit Today - Consumer Action Group

and they

• 2 months later...

+2 mths no movement?

and they

hamilton court are usually pretty quick

pers i'd ring and enquire if they/you have not missed a letter.

and they

I had to get in touch with them when I submitted my defence as I hadn't quoted the court number so they advised they had received both and I would hear from them in due course. 

I wasn't sure if they would put it back to arrow global/Shoosmiths before issuing a court date, ie do Shoosmiths want to continue pursuit?! Slightly ignorant to court proceedings. 

I'll give a call on Monday, suppose I was thinking ignorance is bliss or that it would just go away.

there would need to be a conclusion to the court case. thats not for the fleecers to decide by the sheriff.

so you filed and paid for ....intention to defend

then you've actually filed the SB defence?

and they

I think I have a problem.. 

I received a letter from the court saying they couldn't find the case as I had not included a court number and sent back which I assumed was a copy of my defence. 

I called them them to provide court number to marry up and they advised yes they had both NID AND Defence This was on 4th June. 

On closer inspection, they have returned my original letter which therefore means they do not have the defence. I'll call them on Monday! 

I now believe what they were confirming was that they had the NID. Payment was made via card transaction which has been taken from my account on 10th June. 

opps silly mistake, there is a prescribed form to use in each case and a prescribed format inc info you must put on the back of each sheet, you simply probably forgot to do that bit on one or the other.

and they

Sort of like rhis

You must sign the rear and intimate with proof you sent to sols as well

Dx

and they