Debt Collector makes hard check on Credit Record and other questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - many years ago I had a massive amount of help from this forum and got sorted and life is now good. 

BUT ! I got an email from credit karma yesterday saying that Intrum had made a hard check on my credit file - I was shocked, had never heard of Intrum and knew that I only had one debt that I was still repaying which didn't show on my file. 

I immediately contacted Intrum and spoke to a call operator who proceeded to tell me that she had had a few of these calls that day and she could confirm that they had my name and address but couldn't say anything else to me as she didn't have the correct security details to go through with me.   I would get a letter shortly.  To say I was fuming was putting it mildly.

I then contacted Wescot who are the people I pay each month.  After some discussion e told me that my debt had been sold to Intrum in early April and I should be / should have had a letter confirming this.  They had only been notified about the transfer on the 15th May.  The gentleman at Wescot has issued a complaint on my behalf about the unsolicited hard check, and the lack of communication from Intrum - this was a bolt out of the blue as I have been very careful with my credit record as I am aware that we may need to re-mortgage next year.

Do I have any rights here - are Intrum allowed to do this hard check without my agreement; is there anything I can do to remove it from my record by complaining to the credit reference agencies - I'm assuming that it will eventually turn up on the other two.    I appreciate I had an agreement with the original lender but nothing from Intrum.

I have been paying this debt from 2007 - and could probably afford to pay it off now.   If I made them an offer of partial settlement would it suddenly appear on my credit record ?  It hasn't appeared at all even when I was having problems.

I do hope someone can put me on the right road....   

Thank you for reading 

been here 10yrs and you still jump on the phone to a DCA as a first action....

who was wetcloths client?

what's the debt allabout and why are you blindly paying it and being cash cowed.

no it can't never comeback.

you should have stopped paying more than 20yrs ago.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you d100uk - nice to see you're still here.    Haven't been on the forum for a long time and yes maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to ring them but I was a bit shocked.

Wescot was a NW Credit Card debt and I also know I should have stopped paying them.

Andyorch - thanks for the link but that's for the US although I saw something similar for the UK.   I read it that they shouldn't have rung the hard check on me... do you agree ?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Updated the link to UK version...and yes I agree they shouldnt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is there any realistic comeback against Intrum for a dodgy hard checkif it had a negative impact for a debt that fell off the record years ago?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no.

and they

pers i'd be sending them a new CCa request instead of blindly paying a DCA all these years...:crazy:

and they

Thank you all for your helpful replies; your help is appreciated.

I had forgotten how rude some members of the forum could be as had I innocently asked for some help about a specific problem but I do not really appreciate certain replies and insinuations about my mental health.    I do not appreciate comments comments about decisions I made in previous years 

signing off now 

Yes with a view to ceasing payment for sure.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!