PCM/Trace/Gladstone 2*PCN's - ignored everything - Residential Parking - now gladstones letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I would love some help please, 

I have received a letter from Gladstone Solicitors regarding 2 pcns from a car I use to own from a residential car park where I live which is housing association.

I have had a quite a few but they have pick up on these 2 and decided to send these to Gladstone Sols and this is the first letter I have received from them.

It doesn’t state anywhere in tenancy about parking and would like to know if I should ignore or what I should prepare for or write back in return etc as the last thing I need is bailiffs or ccjs as I literally have no money from my ex leaving me in absolute debt and slowly starting to climb out of it.

Thank you 

gladstone (1).pdf

Hi.

You need to edit your pdf please. I can read the car reg without too much effort and could probably read other things through the bits of post-it with a bit of effort.

Have a read of our upload guide and it tells you how to block out text.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

doing pdf now

please complete this:

Have you received a Parking Ticket? - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

PDF done

you can't get bailiffs until its been to court.

have you any other paperwork?

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I kept getting letters from Trace which I would rip up and ignore and I haven’t had my car that these charges relate to since 2019.

This is first letter I have had from solicitors I usually only ever get Trace contact me through letters or Text messages 

Thank you deleting PDF 🙏🏻

so you have moved since you used to park in that private estate?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so why after being here for over 10yrs and having felt the wrath of Courts and bailiffs before are you still ripping things up and not asking for help earlier to avoid situations escalating by taking what you think might be the correct actions yourself?

DX

• Like 1

and they

If you can be anything in this world be Kind???

I haven’t come here to be spoken to like this as I have a million and one reasons

I am asking for help now which if you are not willing to help either then thank you for taking a look into my case asking me questions editing my PDF and then judging me????

I’ll see if there is someone else who can not judge but can just provide help and guidance 

well try not to make our free voluntary help more difficult by not doing stupid things..

can you fill that link out i posted above?

but the bottom line is you are safe to ignore gladdy's until/unless you receive a letter of claim.

as since you were last here there now exist the pre action protocol they must abide by.

and they

The regulars here are certainly available to help.

However, these threads are read by other motorists in a similar situation so it's important that we point out what to do - but also what not to do.

Please fill in the sticky in post 3, twice (once for each ticket).  This will help us see if the fleecers have sent out their demands within the correct legal time frame, 'cos a lot of the time they don't.

Edited by FTMDave

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for you help.

I have used this site previously mainly for council pcns which helped me a lot and I have even attended court before through using this site and won a few appeals one when I was heavily pregnant with my son who is now 9. 

I had a few private ones which I was fighting but due to stress etc a family member paid them for me which is why I never got to continue appealing them.

These ones all of a sudden have appeared out of no where and because I know how useless Trace is I do usually ignore their letters of demands for money and never hear anything after a while. 

With this letter from Solicitors I have decided to ask for help rather then ignore any more so thank you for your continuing support and help.

Sorry what do you mean by sticker in post?

I haven’t been on here in a while and I’m very not up to date with it all I’m sorry. 

and they

Click on this link

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/391121-have-you-received-a-parking-ticket/

You will see a list of questions to answer if you originally got a windscreen ticket.  And a different one if it were ANPR cameras that clocked your plate.  Whichever one it was, please copy and paste the questions and answer as best you can.  Any info., even if paltry, will help us build up a case to fight the fleecers.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1 hour ago, munksey2001 said:

from a car I use to own from a residential car park where I live which is housing association.

and they

I understand why you paid those when you did but once you pay word gets around and future parking tickets don't get cancelled by them as they think you will give in again. But prepare for the long haul.

Once we have seen your PCNs with their dates we should be able to see if they have gone wrong already pursuing you. Still doesn't mean they will give up even when you know they are ripping you off.

• dx100uk changed the title to PCM/Trace/Gladstone 2*PCN's - ignored everything - Residential Parking - now gladstones letter

I know what you mean by once you make one payment they think they have you!! I totally agree with you and in all honesty I have ignored the majority of them and they all went away this is the furthest a private parking ticket has gone so this is why I need the help now. 

following questions....

1 The date of infringement?

05/04/2019 and 22/04/2019 (date of charge)

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

No and No

If you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

Has there been a response?

N/a

Please AS A PDFFILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

I think so but not 100% sure 

What date is on it?

Not sure 

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

Not sure

[scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

Not sure

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

N/a

5 Who is the parking company?

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Romford, Essex (Residential Road)

thank you for your help 

you haven't received any letter of claim yet, you've not moved, so a 'solicitors' letter is simply them acting as another DCA just like the previous lot and trace do.

safe to ignore.

and they

19 hours ago, munksey2001 said:

I have had a quite a few

Thank you for posting the info we asked for.

This sentence worries me.  Are you saying there are likely to be more than two tickets?  These companies are normally reluctant to do court for a single ticket as anything they might win will be eaten up in legal costs, but if there are several tickets it is highly likely they will start a court claim some point.

The good news is that residential parking claims are the hardest for these fleecers to win.  So -

1.  Ignore Gladstone's letter.  It's not a Letter Before Claim and in the short term they will do nothing.

2.  Get a SAR off to PCM tomorrow so we can get to the bottom of how many of these invoices they are and if they bothered to follow the law when sending them out.  Simply send 2nd class post, but get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

Could you tell us briefly what the fleecers reckon you did wrong?

Plus what is your housing situation?  Presumably you have the right to park a vehicle outside your property?

My housing association is L&Q London and Quadrant. I parked in my specified parking bay that the housing association allocated to me to my property but my permit wasn’t on show. I’m not even sure how many charges I have actually got on this car from PCM but more then certain it was more then 2. 

Thank you recommending a SAR letter to send (if there is a link to the template that would be fab thank you) and I will prepare now to send to them. 

click sar

and they

By the sound of it you haven't kept any of your PCNs. If you have one though could you please post it up-they still make mistakes on them despite the number of years they have been sending them out.  Intelligence is not their strongest point.

In fact it doesn't seem to be in their DNA at all.

Your housing/parking situation is excellent, as you almost certainly have Supremacy of Contract which would see off any PCM court claim.

That's probably why they haven't done anything previously, except get pointless letters sent by Trace.

Anyway, get the SAR off tomorrow.  Come back here when you get a reply or if they don't respect the legal time frame.

If they are daft enough to send a Letter Before Claim later on they can be told by snotty letter that they would be thrashed in court.

Thank you so much my anxiety just coming on this website at the start and dealing with this matter goes through the roof but I know I have to face this sort of things or else it makes me so ill and now I feel a weight off my shoulders so thank you. I will get the SAR off tomorrow and get the proof of postage and 100% keep you updated. Thank you 

no need to be anxious about any stupid speculative invoice scammers that's for sure.

and they