Entwistle Green estate agents Fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had house valued and talked into selling, they told me i have 14 days cooling off period, no fee's and also if i go ahead i can pull out fee free as they only take commission on sale. This was today 14/05/21.

The guys got me to sign on his laptop without me reading it.

I have now received an email saying if i cancel within the 14 day cooling off period i have to pay £500 + vat ?

Please help, how can i stop this

Have a read of our upload guide, that explains how to edit pdf docs.

I'm not one of the legal people but I find it hard to believe that you don't have any cancellation rights after you sign with them. I notice that the agents are part of Countrywide who I would expect to be professional, hopefully other posters will know what rights you have.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

you read UPLOAD

use jpg to redact then convert and merge to PDF.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You haven't told us anything about where this contract was made. Was it at your home?

Sorry, yes it was at our home during the valuation, we wanted time to think about it, but he said you may as well go ahead as you have a 14 day cooling off period with no fee's, but also if we dont find anywhere else to move too, and this sells, its not nice to do, but we can just pull  out and there is no fee's.

So the whole transaction was conducted as a result of the visit to your home and the contract was signed at your home.

Were you supplied with any other information/pamphlets/terms and conditions – anything?

Yes you are correct, it was all at our home, no paperwork what so ever was handed to us, or even present. it was all on his laptop and signed with my finger on his laptop screen. Only 4 hours later, after Entwistle has closed, i got the email i have uploaded for you. I feel so stupid for not stopping him to read it. But he was rushing off to another job.  Thank you so much for your help

Well you are not bound by any of this. It is all subject to the distance selling rules. This is an off-premises contract and apart from having 14 days cooling off with no penalties at all, the cooling off period would only begin when they have satisfied all the regulations concerning information that they have to give you including cooling off details and cancellation details.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/6/made

Have they actually sent you a message chasing you for the money? Have you told them that you are not going ahead with it?

What is the name of the person came to visit you at your home?

• Like 1

No not yet, this was only yesterday but i called up this morning and told them i want to cancel and they have said to fill in the cancellation form which states i pay £500. So i dont want to sign that too. The sale man was called Paul Hardy

Don't fill in any of their forms. Simply send them a written note telling them that you're cancelling.

Don't give them any explanation. Keep the note short and don't apologise. Wait for them to make the next move.

Maybe post a draft of your short letter here before you send it.

Send the letter by post and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO counter when you send it. That will be adequate for proof of posting.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Entwistle Green is a Trading Name of Countrywide Estate Agents, Registered in England Number 00789476.
https://www.entwistlegreen.co.uk/    (go to bottom of webpage and have a good read)

Countrywide Estate Agents
Greenwood House 1st Floor
91-99 New London Road
Chelmsford
Essex
CM2 0PP

Company Status: Active

Company Type: Private Unlimited Company

Incorporated: 27th January 1964

Previous Company Names:

Mann & Co Estate Agents, 27th Jan 1964 - 27th Nov 1990

Hambro Countrywide Estate Agents, 27th Nov 1990 - 31st Dec 1998

Directors:

David Christopher Livesey (appointed 8th March 2021)

David Kerry Plumtree (appointed 8th March 2021)

Reginald Stephen Shipperley (appointed 8th March 2021)

Richard John Twigg (appointed 8th March 2021)

Gareth Rhys Williams (appointed 4th June 2018)

Companies House link: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00789476

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you, i sent the letter on the saturday cancelling. But just had an email this morning saying house will be listed soon and photographer will be coming on thursday ? Maybe they will get the letter today or tomorrow. Should i phone them today to cancel the photographer. Nobody will be home thursday anyway.

Obviously they won't have received your cancellation letter if it was sent on Saturday. Send them an email copy of the letter you sent them on Saturday and point out to them that you have cancelled the contract on XXX date and that they would be advised not to list the property or to make an appointment with a photographer because it will be a waste of their money.
I suggest that you do that today – this morning