Can I claim back payments to service I never used for 3 months?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last year I signed up to a service for a free trial which I never cancelled.

I can't see anywhere in the terms which states how to cancel. After the free trial they charged me for 3 months in a row for the service before I noticed. Have asked them to cancel but I don't think they will refund the previous 3 months.

The terms state that access is free as long as a minimum is spent on services, if the minimum isn't spent then they will charge the difference to maintain the account and for storage costs, etc. I didn't spend anything on services so understand that they charged me for access to the platform. I had an account, however did not access the platform since the free trial.

The service is usually B2B but I was using for personal services not a business and paid with personal bank account.

As I didn't use the service at all, didn't log in once am I eligible for refunds?

Thanks

Hi, thank you for reply.

I edited my message because I paid through card not DD.

Also, it wasn't that I forgot to cancel, there was nothing in the terms that states how to cancel, and there is no options on my online account to cancel my account.

I just didn't access the platform as I thought that it meant I would only be charged if I accessed the platform, but there are also no details on what is considered as accessing the platform. So I don't think that alone is strong enough support?

3 hours ago, Bazooka Boo said:

Who and what service is this?

Hi.

I study marketing at Uni. this was a company who provided digital advertising, I ran a free trial they had on a friends website to understanding different marketing methods.

Heres the company terms, https://sharpspring.com/ads/terms-conditions

we see various advertising scams in many forms here

they typically boil down to hidden T&C's that were not clear upon signing up, that if you did not go back and cancel or untick a box several layers down, you'd be charged.

they all result in popping off to your bank and doing a chargeback. stuff 'em

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...