Virgin Media Cancellation (Refund)?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My 91 year father-in-law decided to end his Virgin Media services.  This consisted of a TV package and phone package.  He had been with them for many years. He now thought it was overpriced and rarely used it.

We tried to cancel online but found it impossible to do so, we then contacted them by letter on the 25th March 2021.

A  few days later he received a phone call trying to get him to retain his service. This was vehemently rejected.  The "advisor" then said that he would "put it through".

On the 22nd April 2021 he received a bill for services from 23 April 2021 to 22 May 2021 with payment to be taken on the 10 May 2021.

Payment has been duly taken.

Today, 11 May 2021, I checked the services and they have been disconnected.

Should they refund the difference between the disconnect date and the date services have been paid for or am I going to have to fight for it?

Many thanks

REMEMBER! Hunger is the enemy - NOT the hungry!

I assume he was out of contract and therefore would have to give 30 days notice...so subject to the date you requested the contract to end there may have been a future charge.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, that is the case.  However my point is that they have charged him for service that they are not providing i.e. 11/05/21 to 22/05/21.

Surely, if he has paid to the 22/05/21 he should have service until 22/05/21.

Speak to Virgin....their charging system can be confusing

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Is the phone contact 151 still working ?

Think I've found an answer.

"If you're due a refund we'll send this out as a cheque 35 days after your account closed".

Guess I have to wait 35 days to find out.

Suppose it is now safe to cancel the DD.

Suppose it is now safe to cancel the DD.

A must.

Please let us know if the cheque turns up, or not.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...