neil v MBNA

ntomlinson8873
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go.....

SAR sent off to MBNA today...I dont know how succesful with this one.

All i know is that I've had several cards with MBNA over the years and managed to incur charges on most of them.

The trouble is I no longer have records of the cards or the accounts as they were closed and paid off when I decided to sort my life and my finances out.

I've just asked for a SAR on any accounts I may have had with them....dont know of it'll work but its worth a try!

Claim the lot plus your contractual interest, not 8%... from the date of the charge until now. They WILL pay it.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry for the delay....had Christmas in the way....back to business now.

I recieved my statements back on the 21st Dec and it looks like they have taken £252.50 in Late Fees over the years....not a lot but every little helps.

They also offered a goodwill payment of £140....i was going to write back and refuse this...asking for the full £252.50.

I was going to write back with my Preliminary request but can I claim contractural interest at this stage or do I wait untill I file a Moneyclaim?

you accept the cheque as a partial settlement only, and advise you will continue to recover the outstanding balance, did you request contractual interest as part of the £252.50?

if not , look at some of the threads in the MBNA section and also the general section on claiming contractual interest. MBNA pay contractual interest, so depending on your card you could ask for interest of up to 27% or even more.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

The £252.50 is just the amount that they have taken. i've read other threads when claiming from previous organisations and was under the impression tht contractural interest could only be claimed of the claim went as far as the small claims court.

I didnt think it was applicable if the organisation setled prior to court?

I will double check on the MBNA threads then and see of I can claim some more.

s69 interest (8%) is what is applied at courts, the alternative argument is that if they can make interest on your charges then so can you, and you can apply it earlier.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

thanks for the information. I shall try and apply the charges to the claim although i have already sent off my Prelim request letter, accepting the £140 as part payment and asking for the remainder to be paid forthwith.

If they do not co-operate then I shall claim the full ammount, with interest through Moneyclaim