What are my rights re expired booked treatment bought through Time Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following my foot procedure, I bought a session of reflexology treatment to help with post-operative recovery, in October 2020.  I made the booking on 6th December with MD Therapies, to have treatment on 22nd December 2020.  Around 20th December global lockdown was introduced and MD Therapies has not been able to open/operate until 12th April 2021.  My appointment was rebooked for 19th April 2021, was cancelled by MD Therapies as the voucher expired end of February 2021 and have advised that I ask Time Out for a refund. I have emailed Time Out asking for the voucher to be extended or that I have a refund on 21st April.  On 23rd April I received a response from Time Out advising me that they would contact MD Therapies asking for an extension at the merchant's discretion as April's booked appointment is outside the terms and conditions of the offer.  On 4th May, advised that no response has been received from MD Therapies.  Feel as though I have been given the proverbial "merry-go-round", as other establishments that I had other treatments booked have honoured their bookings.  What are my rights in this situation?

Kind regards

angelsx7and9

Following my foot procedure, I bought a session of reflexology treatment to help with post-operative recovery, in October 2020. 

I made the booking on 6th December with MD Therapies, to have treatment on 22nd December 2020. 

Around 20th December global lockdown was introduced and MD Therapies has not been able to open/operate until 12th April 2021. 

My appointment was rebooked for 19th April 2021, was cancelled by MD Therapies as the voucher expired end of February 2021 and have advised that I ask Time Out for a refund.

I have emailed Time Out asking for the voucher to be extended or that I have a refund on 21st April. 

On 23rd April I received a response from Time Out advising me that they would contact MD Therapies asking for an extension at the merchant's discretion as April's booked appointment is outside the terms and conditions of the offer.

On 4th May, advised that no response has been received from MD Therapies. 

Feel as though I have been given the proverbial "merry-go-round", as other establishments that I had other treatments booked have honoured their bookings. 

What are my rights in this situation?

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

What is the value of the voucher?

Also, it's very difficult to read your solid block of text on a small screen such as a telephone. Please can you make sure that you space and punctuate your posts properly so that they are presented in a way which is accessible to everybody.

That will encourage more people to come along and be more enthusiastic about giving you the help that you need.

Also, what is the actual name of this outfit and do they have a website or Facebook page?

Well maybe you could post a link to the Facebook page.

I think your position is that the contract was frustrated and therefore the voucher is still valid.

I think that M D Massage Therapies are in breach of contract and I think it would be very easy to get the money back from them – and if you issued a claim, I can't imagine they would be stupid enough to force it into court.

What would you like to do?

• 2 weeks later...

The voucher can only be and was, redeemed with MD Massage Therapies within the timeframe stipulated however, was not able to have the treatment/session as another lockedown was imposed in December 2020 and MD therapies was not able to reopen until April 2021, by which time the voucher had expired (Feb 2021).  Not sure what to do as other salons that I had booked services with, honoured their vouchers.

OK.  I suppose the problem is with MD then.  I'm just not sure if the fact that you bought the voucher from Timeout (is that right?) rather than MD makes a difference.  Bank Fodder will know better than me.

FWIW, I agree that you ought to be able to get some kind of extension and not lose the value of the money you've already paid.

Slightly different scenario, but I had a Marks & Sparks gift card that was due to expire during the lockdown that recently ended.  I wasn't going to use it to buy food, I wasn't going to use it online, and there was nothing else in the store during lockdown that I would have considered buying.  Before it expired I emailed M&S customer services and asked them to extend it into the post lockdown period as a gesture of goodwill.  They pretty much refused point blank saying it would be unfair on other gift card holders and that I'd had plenty of opportunity (two years?) to use it.  This despite me pointing out it was unfair on me - and the person who gave me the card - if it couldn't be redeemed to the value of £20 they (M&S) had already pocketed.

I was quite disappointed by that response and it reinforced the view I had already formed that M&S is no longer even a shadow of its former self.

However, it worked out OK as I went into my local M&S branch and asked staff on the tills if they could extend it.  The first member of staff I spoke to said they couldn't help me but I spoke to another one in the food hall and I got the food manager to put another two years on it.  So a result for me but I've still got to find something in M&S I want to buy.  It's years since I've seen anything in there I want to buy - hence the expired card.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Manxman in exile and Bankfodder,

Good news!!  I've received a full refund from Time Out.  On Monday I emailed Time Out customer service department again, requesting a full refund.  I also advised Time Out that I would be seeking legal advice re my rights regarding the issue. To my surprise,  a refund confirmation was sent within the hour and the monies was in my bank account within 2 days.

I would like to thank the both of you for your help and advice,

Kind regards

angelsx7and9