Bewiser cancelled my car policy without notice

lyonsdown2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a telematics policy with Bewiser.I've never used them before.

I asked them to send the device to a different address as I'm rarely at my home address as it's being renovated. They said they'd do this, but didn't.

I do have a Royal mail redirection service, but it doesn't work half the time, and indeed the device was not redirected.

May 6th at 11am I receive an email telling me the  insurance has been cancelled by them as I haven't connected the telematic device. I got no warning of this-I assume they should have emailed me to say I had ,say, 2 days to install it or my policy would be cancelled? last year I had the same situation with another insurer, and they did give me notice, so that was ok. I was able to install it in time and the policy wasn't cancelled.

I was 70 miles from home, and use my car 90% for work, when I got the email.As I was driving, I didn't see the email til 4 hours after it was sent, so I was unknowingly driving without insurance for 4 hours!

I immediately phoned their customer services, but could not get through despite trying for 2 hours! I emailed them many times , asking for them to reinstate the policy.I have never heard back from them.

So I had to abandon my car 70 miles from home, causing me enormous inconvenience.I then had to go get it after having to sign up with another company, due to bewilser not getting back to me about reinstating my policy.

I lost 2 days work ( I run a mobile visiting service), and they are keeping £75 of my premium for admin!!

I have written claiming damages. I know they won't pay, so next week I will take out a civil claim against them.

Send them an ear immediately.

SAR!!

Do you have evidence that you asked them to send it to a different address?

Edited by BankFodder
Whoops

SAR is what BF meant.

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Be Wiser is the Trading Name of Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited, an Insurance Broker
(see this link Privacy Policy look under 'Who we are': https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy )

Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited
Autonet Insurance Nile Street
Burslem
Stoke-On-Trent
ST6 2BA

Company Number: 03642372

Incorporated: 1st October 1998

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Directors: Craig David Ball (Appointed 22nd March 2005) & Ian James Donaldson (Appointed 20th December 2004)

Companies House Link: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03642372

FCA Register: https://register.fca.org.uk/s/firm?id=001b000000MfWfKAAV

(according to above link they have 36 different Trading Names)

As stated send them a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA' that little phrase covers whatever format they hold that Data in and they have 30 Calender Day to respond and the Time Limit only starts once they have acknowledged reciept of your SAR and are not asking for further identification which can then extend the time limit.

In the Privacy Policy Link: https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy  (see 9. What are your Right for who to send your SAR to (in fact see below))

Data Protection Officer
Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited
Autonet Insurance Nile Street
Burslem
Stoke-On-Trent
ST6 2BA

There Terms & Condition on ther website isn't really clear on Cancellation in the circumstances you describe but it does mention elsewhere about if you have a telematics insurance policy to refer to suplementary information which isn't on there website.

Do you have a copy of your actual Polict that they sent you that you could post up in PDF Format and make sure it is redacted please as the T&Cs on there website may be different to your actual Policy due to them being a Broker.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You also need to explore whether they acted on their own initiative to cancel the policy or whether they were passing on to you a decision made  by the insurance company who issued the policy.

Who is the insurance company (the company whose name appears on the policy and on the Certificate of Motor Insurance)?

You have been provided with poor quality customer service as they should really have refused to provide the Insurance, on the basis that you wanted a Telematics device to be sent to a different address than the car was registered to.  I don't think Insurers would do that, which could be why it was not sent to an alternative address.

And you use the car 90% for work and may be a long distance away from home. Again, I would question the Insurance they arranged for you.

BeWiser are often complained about on online forums, due to apparently failing to provide suitable Insurances and cancelling when the problem inevitably happens.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On 09/05/2021 at 07:57, unclebulgaria67 said:

You have been provided with poor quality customer service as they should really have refused to provide the Insurance, on the basis that you wanted a Telematics device to be sent to a different address than the car was registered to.  I don't think Insurers would do that, which could be why it was not sent to an alternative address.

That's what I thought - and probably explains why the OP had a similar (or the same) problem last year.