currys help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You have most likely came across lots of complaints regarding Currys "After sales care/support"  well lack of it!

I find myself currently in a similar position as hundreds of other ex customers of Currys,

cutting a long story short. I purchased a Logik range cooker paid in full online with my debit card February 2020, i did not take out the Repair Care service, but why would I when my product has a 12 month manufactures warranty guaranteeing repairs or replacement etc,

December 23rd 2020 the outer oven door came apart from the inside oven door at the bottom "top opening" kept together at the top and swinging obviously I couldn't use as very dangerous, no Christmas dinner for us. 

Checked my paperwork for manufacture number, not there however it did state "contact our customer service team who will guide you in the right direction) impossible, so I e mailed, personally I like to keep a paper trail, received a reply email 15th January says "Cant do anything you have to contact manufacture on this number", so i did several times.

Its now May 2021 I still have no cooker, I have been through all that unrepairable and uplift number etc.  What concerns me more than anything and really gets me angry is the number they give you is not the manufacturer Logik or indeed any other manufacturer it is Care Repair UK, a contracted white goods repair service any make!! and they also provide the same service when you buy the extra care service.

My point is, I am more annoyed that they are getting away with this con ripping innocent people off who more than likely are struggling even me than replacing my cooker. There must e something I can do and I am asking for support to help me do this.

Many thanks 

well thats because you all fall for or wrongly believe the same BS.

Any guarantee or warranty is in addition too, and does not replace, your rights under the consumer rights act.

which is NOTHING to do with any manufacturer, CRA is against the RETAILER curry's.

it's your job now to employ someone, or to produce a report that concludes the fault was there when the item was sold to you, as you are outside of 6mts, under CRA that defaults to the consumer.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think I have to add some clarification to the advice which has been given by my site team colleague above.

Firstly, the Consumer Rights Act does not replace the existing law of contract. It simply supplements it and adds some additional solutions such as the short-term right to reject – and the right to reject within six months after giving a single opportunity to repair.
These remedies are meant to be solutions but in fact we are finding – especially with car dealers – that the law is simply being ignored and frankly from that point of view the Consumer Rights Act is not a great success.
There really ought to be in place a punitive measure for retailers who don't respect the 30 day rule and the six-month rule. But there aren't.

So what is left is that even after six months, the item which has been sold to you must be of satisfactory quality and must remain that way for a reasonable period of time. What is a reasonable period of time depends on the reasonable expectations of a reasonable consumer.

If the item starts to develop problems early on in its life then I think it can be generally taken beyond doubt that the item has failed the test of "satisfactory quality" because it has not remained that way for a reasonable period of time.
Where an item starts to fail towards the end of its reasonable life expectancy, then you have a more difficult problem and that is where as my site team colleague has suggested, that you would ideally have to find some expert evidence to show that the item had failed because there was an existing defect. You could do this by getting an independent inspection or else by finding other examples over the Internet to show that this was a known problem.

My site team colleague is right that you would have to demonstrate a defect even if the item fails at an early stage in its life – but I think that if you are taking a cooker with a reasonable life expectancy of probably, say, eight years – then I think the fact that it has developed a serious defect in the first 12 months would be taken by any County Court judge as clear evidence that it had failed to live up to the requirements of the Consumer Rights Act – that it was not satisfactory quality.
If the judge accepted that failure as evidence, then it would be up to the retailer to counter the presumption with evidence that there was nothing wrong with it and that the problem had been caused by some kind of abusive treatment.

So what I'm saying is that in the first instance, I think that the defect speaks for itself and the question now is how to proceed. I'm sure that we can help you and I'm sure that we can help you get a result.

I have to say now that you've been here since 2015 and I'm extremely disappointed to find that you seem to be unaware of the fact that you enjoy ample statutory rights to deal with this and that you seem to be lamenting the fact that you didn't take out an extended warranty and that furthermore you seem to be prepared to rely on a so-called 12 month guarantee provided by the manufacturer.

Can you please tell us about the price you paid and any exchange you had with Currys. I understand that they have simply knocked you back to the manufacturer?
Are you surprised? You're dealing with Currys. Another example of innocence.

Blesséd are the meek.

I don't fully understand the fault. Maybe you could put up a picture of the fault – in PDF format please. It will help us get a better idea what we are doing.

Also, have you had anybody coming to have a look and see if it is actually repairable?

10 hours ago, skyee said:

I find myself currently in a similar position as hundreds of other ex customers of Currys,

Sorry to pile more of the brown stuff onto your head – but I think that this speaks volumes.

You are not an "ex customer" of Currys.
To suggest that you are is effectively accepting that Currys' responsibilities to you ended the moment that they took your money and you walked away with the cooker.

Currys' responsibilities are ongoing for the reasonably expected lifespan of the item which you bought and this means that you continue to be their customer for at least that period of time.

If you can start to adopt this mindset, you will start to find yourself pointing in the right direction.
We will help to keep you focused

hi, thank you for you replies.

Right guys points taken and understood,

I paid £400 for the cooker February 7th 2020,  23rd December 2020 It broke i couldn't get through to Currys via phone and I e mailed customer services, I received a reply 15th January 2021 advising not their issue take up with manufacture under the warranty and a phone number to contact so called manufacture. In the meantime i had continued to attempt contact via phone, facebook, I thought it was difficult due to lockdown etc,  

I rang the given number on 15th January arranged an engineers appointment for 19t January I received a text from them advising job number and mobile number of engineer, however it was a non show, I text the mobile number supplied the reply was he was self isolating job had been transferred to another engineer, I rang repaircare number they arranged another appointment for 19th February. 

engineer attended advised a complete new door would have to be ordered as they are factory made, no fix that day. So I waited, received text from engineer 20th March advising part was due to be delivered

end of April, another text from engineer 22nd March checking if I still had cooker, another text asking me to let him know when parts delivered, then no contact . I also e mailed Customer Service (via original thread) 29th January advising I was making a formal complaint,  as I understood it Currys sold me the item and it is their responsibility to sort it out, reply came same day said " This is less than a year old and needs to be dealt with by the manufacturer on 00000, the manufacturers will need to sort this out, sorry"

I continued waiting for this part to arrive, I contacted this repaircare 22nd April they advised the engineer had declared the cooker unrepairable and was given a code to use with currys for a replacement cooker. 

I also made a complaint to Currys 22nd April via resolver pointing out that this product should be fit for purpose, of satisfactory quality and last a reasonable amount of time, I   received the same response.

I rang customers services and finally got through on 2nd may with the code I chose a different cooker same price, great it will be delivered Friday 7th May. 3rd May received e mail from currys advising "your return request has been refused " ????? My brother went to the store where i purchased it to speak to manager on  3rd May following this e mail, he apparently checked online and said its still getting delivered Friday and ignore email as these are automatically generated.

No delivery as yet. 

so you have a new cooker on the way then.

just they didn't meet delivery yesterday?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Currys are just a hopeless mess and I suppose you are realising this now.

Frankly I would send them a letter of claim. There is no downside to this. Outline what has happened and give them 14 days or you will start a legal action to recover the full purchase price of the cooker – plus inform them that you will be charging them storage for the old cooker which is non-functioning.

Tell them that your storage charge is £2 a day and will be backdated to the date that the cooker broke down.

Hopefully you will have your new cooker within the two weeks – but if for some reason or other they keep on mucking around – then you should just go ahead and issue the claim. We'll help you all the way. There's no way you can lose such a claim and you will get your money, plus costs – plus hopefully storage charges and some interest.

I'm afraid I don't see any other way of taking control other than by a sheer brute force legal threat followed by action if necessary.

hi guys,

Im gona take your advice and escalate and include storage fees. I have my 83 year mum living with me who I care for she has onset dementia, they are aware also of this, 

• Like 1

Okay make sure that you understand the steps involved in taking a small claim in the County Court. Make sure that you are comfortable with the procedure.

Draft a letter of claim and post it here.

Letter of claim should simply give them 14 days to produce the new unit to you or else you will sue them. Point out that if you have to sue them that you will also claim for the storage fees of a useless cooker which has been declared as irreparable by the engineer.
Do you have anything in writing that confirms that it is irreparable? If you do then you should enclose a copy of this with the letter of claim.