VCS ANPR PCN - overstay 2hrs - Berkeley Centre S11 8PN - help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

I have received a PCN for £100 from Vehicle Control Services LTD. Issue date was 13/04/21 and for various reasons I have not got around to sorting this out yet. 

The reason they are giving for my PCN is that I was parked for 129 minutes (120 minutes allowed in this car park).

Feeling extremely frustrated as I made every effort to get back to the car in time but packing two babies and everything that comes with them into the car can sometimes take longer than expected.

Surely 9 minutes is not worth £100, especially when it was during the day when there were many other spaces available!

Please can someone advise, as I am past their advised appeal deadline.

Thanks in advance

Hello, welcome to CAG.

You're unlikely to have a problem with this but firstly, please don't appeal unless the forum regulars advise you to.

Please let us have the information requested in the forum sticky and we'll advise you how to deal with this.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The Berkeley Centre is very, very well known to the forum.

There will be around a billion things wrong with VCS's claim, but the immediate one that springs to mind is that there is a 10-minute grace period, so they have no right to claim a bean.

In fact the only unlawful activity here is by VCS, who got your details from the DVLA and breached your GDPR when they knew full well that your stay was within the grace period.

Simply ignore any tripe they send you and don't pay.

Please fill in HB's sticky, it will give us additional info. to fight off these crooks.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you both so much for replying so promptly!

I did wonder about the ten minute grace - does this apply to private car parks too? I know it's applicable to council parking but wasn't sure with this.

1 Date of the infringement 31/03/21

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 13/04/21

3 Date received 19/04/21

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Not that I can see

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Berkeley Centre Pay & Display Sheffield S11 8PN

Appeal - if unsuccessful with VCS, they will provide details to appeal to IAS

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - overstay 2hrs - Berkeley Centre S11 8PN - help please!

Well they sent out their paperwork too late to create keeper liability too.

Yes, the grace period does apply to private car parks, it's mentioned in the codes of practise.

I'm just looking at the BPA one now

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/BPA_AOS_CODE_OF_PRACTICE_CURRENT.pdf

13.2 If the parking location is one where parking is normally permitted, you must allow the driver a reasonable grace period in addition to the parking event before enforcement action is taken. In such instances the grace period must be a minimum of 10 minutes. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

so two good points now, with 10mins grace and the NTK is out of time for an ANPR capture , sit on your hands until or unless you get a letter of claim.

plenty of berkeley PCN threads here 

use our enhanced google search box

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...