Erudio/Arrows/Capquest/Resolvecall re: a statue barred SLC Loan **confirmed SB'd**

franila
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, 

I am just after a little bit of advice please.

In February out of the blue I received a letter from Capquest informing me they were now managing my Student Loans Company account on behalf of Erudio Student Loans Limited, they also included a letter from/on behalf of Erudio notifying me of a 'Change of Agency Notification'. 

They sent a follow up letter at the beginning of March stating that their records indicate there is currently not a repayment plan in place on my account. They then sent a further letter at the end of March informing me that despite their attempts to speak with me they do not have defined solution for the repayment of the account, therefore they would shortly be instructing Resolvecall Limited to visit my property.

At the beginning of April I received a letter from Resolvecall informing me that they would be making a personal visit to my home. Yesterday they visited my property and spoke with my wife (I was at work). After reading various forums I have ignored all correspondence with the above but now after a 'visit' feel intimidated somewhat.

I started studying in 1997 so the loan account they refer to is a mortgage style student loan. If I remember correctly, when I finished my course I deferred a couple of times initially and then went travelling etc. and had no further contact with the Student Loans Company for a number of years.

Upon returning to the UK and starting to work, I set up a small standing order to pay some of the loan but then stopped this in March 2014.

I have not contacted the Student Loans Company in over 10 years probably more, and have never had any dealings with Erudio at all, and as mentioned my last payment to the account was in March 2014.

Am I correct in the fact that the debt is now statute barred

Should I send a standard statue barred letter to Capquest or should I not engage at all?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and any advice would be most welcome.

Topic moved to the appropriate forum  Student loans/SLC

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

send capquest our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library.

you should not be ever moving without updating your debt owners of your correct and current address .

lucky you didn't get a backdoor CCJ on this. (and any other debts you last paid or used that credit in the last say 7 yrs.)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yup, all I can add is that I was a victim of a Backdoor CCJ from Capquest, my fault for moving and not writing to them with my new address.  It sounds counter intuitive but the Best and most important thing to stay protected is to let your creditors know you are moving. Always in writing too, good old fashioned Royal Mail.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes as long as all of your old addresses are showing there.

if you have a quick browse of a few threads in the forum your was moved too, you'll see there are numerous resolve/capquest threads, all are about the same scam...give us free money that you don't legally owe as we want to book our family holiday with it..you mugs.. which is all any DCA ever does.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yup and another thing to be aware of with Capquest, another one of my debts with them went statue barred 2 years ago, yet they still send me inane texts, and calls occasionally. Naturally there is stuff and all they can do, and i always ignore it but it shows you how desperate they are to find someone to mug.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

@London1971 @dx100uk Thanks guys! I sent the SB letter to both Capquest and Resolvecall and received a response from Resolvecall today informing me that they have returned the account to their client and would no longer be dealing with my account.

• Like 1

immaterial, it's capquest you must watch (Well Arrows DCA, as they own Erudio and capquest) just differing trading names to scam more people.

dx

and they

Although now they know your address, there is no chance of a nasty surprise at least. Just don’t get into a phone conversation with Capquest. Sometimes they are very clever and display as a mobile number , so that you pick up.

I’m always polite and when they ask if it’s me speaking ‘ sorry I don’t give out details over the phone, if it’s important please write to me’

They never do write though lol

• 2 weeks later...

No they were trying to mug you.

its all dca's can ever do.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Erudio/Arrows/Capquest/Resolvecall re: a statue barred SLC Loan **confirmed SB'd**