Hi - Help Re: J&J Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

This is my first visit to the site, I have been experiencing problems with a company called J&J Collection, I have no address for them just a PO BOX in Chester.

Problems started when I lost my job & i knew I wouldn't be able to keep up the full payments on my AA Loan, I called them & they agreed that i could pay the minimum (just interest) which worked out at £30pm.

I was given the impression by the AA that my loan would just take longer to pay off as i wasn't paying the full £134 for a few months.

This was not the case, the money didn't just get added onto the end of the loan it created a seperate arrears account which i knew nothing about until I was contacted by another company called J&J Collections who were demanding the full £1,760 odd pounds. So now i have 2 loans to pay really.

I answered a phone call from them shortly after & told what had been agreed with th AA and that I was now in employment & could start back on my normal re-payments. Card details were taken & a direct debit set up for my usual monthly £134 that i was paying before.

I then this weekend recieved around 20 missed calls from this place! I answered the next call and my loan amount had changed, after much harrasment & trying to scare me into giving them another payment of £134 they said my last card payment had declined & continued to try & belittle me & make me feel like a complete loser. They were very un-professional, rude & scared me. I told them I only get paid so much & was willing to pay some money to the arrears aslo.

Surely if the card declined you get some kind of written notice? how do i know if they are telling me the truth?

Also every time I answer the phone to them a charge of £10 is added to the account, can they do this? I habve no choice but to be contacted by them as it is just an automated answer machine when i try and ring them!

I was also told that I am currently being charged at 25%, they wouldn't tell me how often or anything else.

Are the allowed to do this? I have been completely willing to carry on paying this loan & know nothing about this company, theres no record of themn on the internet etc & they could be anybody. Also I don't think there is anything about this in my original T&C from the AA.

I am really worried about this now, I saw a programme on this a couple of months ago about companies using the same nasty tactics & feel I am being treated the same.

Can anyone please give me any advice on what I can do about this if anything!

Thanks