EPS/Gladstone ANPR PCN PAPLOC - Second City Suite Car Park Birmingham (Aura Birmingham)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

Please answer the following questions.

I have attached the signage from a few weeks after the event, as well as the only correspondence I have a copy of

1 Date of the infringement

23/08/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

I binned the NTK when I received it

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

3 Date received

Not too sure

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Not too sure

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes photos were sent of the car parked

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/A

7 Who is the parking company?

Euro Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Second City Suite Car Park/ Aura Birmingham Car Park

Bishop St, Birmingham B5 6JL

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Received some correspondence right after the offence happened, possibly on the 05/09/2019 as I took a photo of the signage in the car park on this date

The next correspondence received was on the 06/06/2021 which has been attached which is the letter before claim.

I believe they tried to send letters to my old address and somehow they got my number and sent me a text message

Side note - A few of my friends also have the same parking notice as we had all parked next to each other. None of us have received any correspondence since the initial notice back in September 2019.

Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

……....

In either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

Letter Before Claim redacted.pdf

Snotty letter time then

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

use our enhanced google search   snotty letter

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to EPS/Gladstone ANPR PCN PAPLOC - Second City Suite Car Park Birmingham (Aura Birmingham)

Sorry to start off by moaning, but you've left your name showing in the PDF.  Would you sort this out please?

You're lucky that Gladstones wrote to your new address, they could easily have written to your old one, then issued court papers and you'd have lost the case by default.

It's not a good idea to throw away paperwork when you're in legal dispute.  Personally tomorrow I'd send EPS a two-line letter to inform them of your new address (2nd class post, free Certificate of Posting) and then on Monday SAR them (again 2nd class postage, free Certificate of Posting).

As dx says, you also need to send Gladstones a snotty letter to show them you'd be bad news if they did try court.  To help, what exactly do the fleecers reckon you did wrong in the car park? 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

sar will suit as both to EPC.

and they

Yeah i made a mistake with the paperwork. I did have it somewhere but in the house move and it being nearly 2 years old now, i seem to have misplaced it.

Regarding what i did wrong.

I was at Aura Birmingham and was informed by the staff that they have use of the Car park. So i then parked my car in the car park

around a week later got a ticket in the post for the parking.

I was parked in a bay.

I have confirmed with staff at Aura Birmingham and they have informed me at the time, they did used to rent the car park so I shouldn't have been fined in the first place

thread tidied

it is NOT a FINE, it's a speculative Invoice

and they

Thanks for sorting out the PDF.

As dx says, get a single letter off to EPS informing them of your new address and requesting a SAR.  It's important you do this as even if you bat this ticket off now, there's nothing stopping them later on sending court papers to your old address.  Get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You also need to send Gladstones a snotty letter to show you'd be big trouble and would hit them in the pocket if they took you  court, so they'd be better off going after some mug who would blindly cough up.  How about something like

Dear Will and John,

cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  It cheered me up no end and I had a good laugh thinking that you seriously expect someone to be so stupid as to cough up after reading such tripe.

I had every right to park where I did and can prove it, so your clients aren't getting a bean.

I love not only the £60 Unicorn Food Tax but also inflating solicitors' costs to £80 - bet the judge wouldn't though.  F0HM9E9Z.  Lewes.  Go and look it up.

You can either drop this foolishness now or your clients can get a good spanking in court. The choice is yours.

I look forward to your deafening silence. 

COPIED TO EURO PARKING SERVICES LTD

Get the SAR off tomorrow but hang fire with the snotty letter till Monday to see what the other regulars think.  There's a tightrope to walk between showing these sharks you are legally sussed and have a robust case, but at the same time not giving away details of any possible future defence to them.

• Like 1

Will send EPS a letter tomorrow informing them of my new address

will also get a snotty letter drafted tomorrow

Regarding having every right to park there. I have spoke to the staff and have been informed that customer did have the right to park there as the car park was being rented at the time however they dont have any corroborative evidence to confirm this. I have asked the manager to find it if he can however i am not hopeful.

should i still say ‘i can prove it’

Also am i sending the snotty letter to gladstone and also a copy of the letter to EPS, as well as requesting an SAR to EPS?

Good point about copying the snotty letter to EPS.  To explain ...

Around once a month or so we get someone on the forum who has found out, to their horror, that they have a CCJ registered against them.  In every case it is someone who is in dispute with a PPC, and who has moved, and so has lost a court case by default as they never received the papers.  The fleecers have stated here quite clearly that they know you've moved.  They could trap you like this any time.  Therefore the "I've moved" letter is vital.  So send them a letter, referring to the PCN number, tell them you've moved from XXXXX to XXXXX, and then you might as well continue saying the letter is to be considered a SAR and see what they've got on you.

Send on Monday, 2nd class post, free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

Then, Gladstone's should do due diligence before sending out their letters (I know, I used to do a similar job many moons ago) but they don't, everything is done on the cheap.  They know nothing about you or what went on in Birmingham.  You've simply got a standard threatening letter which is meant to make you wet yourself and pay.  For motorists who don't pay, they are on the look out for those who don't reply (and so might have moved, easy CCJ!) or reply saying "please let me off" and showing ignorance of the law.  What they don't want is someone who replies confidently and would be big trouble in court.  So yes, send the letter as drafted with "I can prove it", the details of the case don't really matter at this stage, the aim is to have you put on their "troublesome one" list.

Will & John who run Gladstone's are total spivs.  As well as Gladdys, they also run the IPC parking association and its appeals body the IAS.  No conflict of interest there!  They would love their clients to start a hopeless court case, after all it's still £££££ in to them.  So that's why I say to copy to the PPC, so they too will know you'd make a serious hole in their pocket should they do court.  Yes, a gap between the letters is a good idea.

Send these two letters off on Wednesday, 2nd class, free CoPs.

They may well drop you like a hot potato, but there are no guarantees.  After Wednesday use the time to get as much evidence as you can against the fleecers.  Look up if they have planning permission for their signs.  If the car park is local to you, go back and get photos of the signage.  Any proof that you had permission to park there is also useful.  Etc. 

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delayed response

I have attached me Change of address letter and SAR which I am sending to EPS. I have redacted my information but apologies if I have missed something

I have also attached my snotty letter to Gladstone

Let me know if i am missing anything or need to change anything. I was thinking of sending the letter to EPS on Monday and then Gladstones on Wednesday

Also regarding @honeybee13, the comment about saying 'the driver' rather then I. I wasn't too sure how to implement this given i'd have to put my name in so they have someone to send the letter back to? 

EPS Change of address and SAR Letter Redacted.pdf Gladstone Snotty Letter Redacted.pdf

The letters are superb - well done.

The plan to send with a couple of days' gap is a good one.

Get free Certificates of Posting from the post office and send the Wednesday one both to Gladdys and to EPS.

Nowhere have you outed yourself as the driver, that's fine too.

The only thing to tweak is that you've addressed the Wednesday letter to EPS in Birmingham, rather than to Gladstones in Warrington.

No need to thank me - just used what was given to me above plus the templates available on this site

will make sure theres a few days gap and will send a copy to EPS

sorry my mistake. Will update the address now

Hi guys,

I have already sent out the SAR and change of address and i am due to send the snotty letters today. Just wondering on the letter they have sent to me on the very first post, it says that any reply received after 20/5/21, legal proceedings may have already been issues.

Does my snotty letter constitute a reply? or would a reply be an appeal?

its a reply.

get reading up any PCN threads here 

the more you the stronger we become.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have attached my latest correspondence from EPS. I haven't got anything back from Gladstone yet.

Should I reply? As it does say I am under no obligation to respond to the request.

The letter was sent signed for delivery by EPS and it was also sent to my old address however I assume it had to be because of the request for proof of ID?

Thanks, 

SAR Request.pdf

did you not read all the posts in the sar thread and follow what was advised to do if you had moved?

dx

and they

I think it's most likely that they wrote to the wrong address simply because they're lazy & stupid and didn't read your letter properly.

It's up to you, but personally I would be tempted for once to cooperate with their forms as it would be very useful to find out what they've got on you and see if they bothered to follow the law when sending it out.

If you do so, send a covering letter saying that you've already told them on XXXXX date that you have moved from XXXXX to XXXXX.  You need to close off the backdoor CCJ possibility.  We had a case a couple of days ago where someone got stung in this way for not communicating a change of address.

Also, if you do fill in their form, do not give them your phone number of e-mail address in their Section 1.  There is no reason for them to have this information and they would use it to harass you.  

nor your signiture but if you didn't send a current CTAX bill with that SAR as instructed...they are quite right to ignore and still write to the old address........pers if you omitted to do the above id send a ctax bill only back.

and they