New job offer whilst on furlough

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if anyone can assist me.  I am currently on furlough and informed my employer that I would return on 21st June 2021.  However, I have been offered a new job which I will be accepting and want to know how the furlough scheme would work with me resigning and also having 21 days annual leave left.  I have to give 4 weeks notice and wonder if I would take 1 week as furlough and 3 weeks as annual leave, is this correct?

How many days a week are you contracted to work? How do they calculate leave?

21 days annual leave is 3 weeks if your annual leave is done in weeks or you are contracted for 7 days a week.

It is over 4 weeks if your annual leave is calculated in days and you are contracted for 5 days a week…

Thank you for responding.   

I am contracted to work 37.5 days a week, 5 days Monday - Friday.  For some reason my annual leave is calculated in hours instead of days.  My initial entitlement is 25 days per year, which is 187.50 (for a 7.5 hour day). So the amount I have left is 157.50.

Which is 21 days, calculated by days of 7.5 hours / day,

Which is 4 weeks and 1 day of annual leave, calculated by hours / (days of  7.5 hours) / (weeks of 37.5 hours / week [and of 5 days / week])

I’d suggest giving them 4 weeks notice on Friday 21st May, noting that you are currently on furlough but are owed 157 1/2 hours annual leave.

Your post notes “My initial entitlement is 25 days per year, which is 187.5” (hours) “for a 7.5 hour day”.

This is less than the mandated minimum of 5.6 weeks (28 days) : is there an adjustment for Bank holidays (& is this the reason you mentioned “initial entitlement”)?

you can't be furloughed while on notice. A change in the scheme means employer's can't reclaim notice pay. Also your notice pay should be at 100% of wages.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

5 hours ago, shortwoman68 said:

I was planning to give 4 weeks notice and have 1 week furlough and take the rest of my annual leave at 100% pay.  

Well, if your employer knows furlough rules, they can't do that and legally claim the week under CJRS.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!