Fraud on a Barclays partner Finance Assigned to Hoist unknown CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just trying to get some advice as Im going round in circles with Barclays.

In January 2018 I found out I had a  CCJ against me  , I never received any communication for two reasons firstly the alleged debt was taken out at some point in 2012 after I had moved out of a home and then all the mail was then sent to my mothers home which had been rented out , I only found out as when the tenant moved out  and i saw the post left out in the kitchen after i went round to clean up.

I established from the letters the original debt was Barclays Finance and contacted them and they opened a fraud case , I sent them all my details for the 2012 bank statements etc showing that i was not at the address the debt was taken out , In August 2018 i received a letter saying yes its Identity theft and they would take every action to repair and restore my credit file great i thought problem resolved and they would get the CCJ removed.

step forward to this year and six weeks ago I get a letter from a solicitors regarding the CCJ demanding payment i write back enclosing a copy of the letter from Barclays re the fraud and their Investigation  , Their reply is that they will contact Barclays.

I have since tried to contact Barclays via Email to CEO to complain , no reply or response. Barclays Finance will not talk to me because i do not know the details regarding the account.

I am unsure how to progress I appreciate people will ask why I did not check my credit file but I do not live in the UK primarily Im back here because of Covid and do not use Credit , same bank , credit cards , mobile number  etc for years.

I am unable to start Court proceedings for a Set Aside order as Finances are very tight due to Covid stopping tourism and therefore the vast majority of our Income.

Am I being unreasonable to ask Barclays to resolve this mess If they had taken as much time and effort to identify me in the first place as they did when i tried to call then this would never have happened.

Hi there

So  which DCA issued the court claim as Barclays dont instigate court claims....which solicitor has wrote to you ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks......so I will move your topic to the Financial Legal Issues Forum  in view of the Judgment.

Barclays are no longer the legal owner of the debt or connected to the judgment...hence no response.....you are now dealing with Hoist...the Judgment claimant.

Topic title updated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• AndyOrch changed the title to Fraud on a Barclays partner Finance Assigned to Hoist unknown CCJ

So now you need to approach Hoist and inform them of the details of this debt and that you intend to take the matter further with FCA /ICO etc etc and that you request that they set the judgment a side by consent and return the debt to Barclays Partner Finance...who knowingly assigned a debt that was subject to an ongoing investigation.

See how they respond.

might it also be an idea to sar BPF?

then details of the fraud etc will be in B&W too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I  have since tried to contact Barclays via Email to CEO to complain , no reply or response. Barclays Finance will not talk to me because i do not know the details regarding the account.

i am not sure Barclays would have known it was at the time it was sold , I did not find out about the debt myself until after the CCJ was obtained.

I then contacted Barclays who requested lots of Information from their fraud team , gave them it all and then they came back as said yes fraudulent.

Hoist have had the correct contact address since 2018 and this is the first communication from  them since.

I will send a SAR to Barclays and Hoist as well as a copy of the correspondence from Barclays to Hoist see if they will set aside 

good idea.. 

i was only wondering where with proof that both the OC and the DCA have both screwed up, a compliant and compo might be worthy?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I then contacted Barclays who requested lots of Information from their fraud team , gave them it all and then they came back as said yes fraudulent.

Hope you had that in writing...it will be very useful for Hoist and FCA etc.....

Oh yes i still have the letter and sent a copy to Jes stavely CEO of Barclays , I have never banked with Barclays and assumed them to be competent  and would have resolved the issue years ago especially as i had no further contact re the debt.

Given recent coverage of Barclays in the Media i may have seriously underestimated their competence back in 2018   

Barclays Bank and Barclays Partner Finance are two completely different animals......but the aim of the game here is to pressure Hoist into setting a side and returning the debt...which will be a personal finance loan...back to Barclays Partner Finance.

Barclays Partner Finance is a trading style of Clydesdale Financial Services Limited. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England.

Oddly enough i have just had an email from Barclays Partner Finance  saying they are looking into my compliant and have a reference number as will get a response inside 28 days , only taken 10 days to get a response.

I suspect the CEO office might be swamped with complaints from Barclaycard holders 

Both SARS are now printed with copy of Barclays letter off to post via signed for delivery so i should know when they get them 

Both SARs ?   Pointless sending one to  Hoist.....we have more data here in your thread then they hold on you.

7 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Both SARs ?   Pointless sending one to  Hoist.....we have more data here in your thread then they hold on you.

i thought it might be helpful to know what correspondence they sent and to where prior to them getting the CCJ on me 

Possibly but you have the original court claim...you can request a copy of the Judgment from Northampton...could throw up any letter before claim and threatogrames I suppose...and its free so yes okay try them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds promising now keep your eye on Hoist.

look out hoist incoming....

and they

do i have a chance of claiming compensation from Hoist as they have admitted to Barclays that they failed to follow process three years ago and i have been stuck with a CCJ I should never have had and should have been removed back in 2018 ?

IMHO yes

and they

I would say that both are equally liable......Barclays for selling a fraudulent debt and Hoist for issuing a CCJ on a fraudulent debt with knowledge.....as for any compensation...can you prove any loss/damage suffered ?

As i rarely used credit other than already existing bank / credit cards  then no Financial loss other than the damage to my credit file which is causing a major issue at the moment until the CCJ is removed , as I am actually needing to access Finance.

Reading Barclays Letter they say final decision and go to Ombudsman so i will chuck a complaint into them  and see what transpires.

As for hoist should I write to them enclosing Barclays correspondence and ask them kindly to get a move on with their solicitors to get it removed ?

As for hoist should I write to them enclosing Barclays correspondence and ask them kindly to get a move on with their solicitors to get it removed ?

That would be advisable. ...create a paper trail.

• Like 1