DEL ANPR PCN - BB's no longer accepted for free parking - Burnham Beeches Lord Mayor's Drive Slough Berks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A friend with disabled parking permit visited Burnham Beeches March 2021.

She parked in a disabled bay, as is her custom, displaying her blue badge.

She was astonished to receive the attached Parking Charge Notice to Keeper as a first communication in the post (no ticket on car so must be a camera) and ignored it as assumed it was usual pirate private parking company behaviour.

Now she has received a notice of impending court action (attached) stating that legal proceedings will commence without further notice if money not paid by 13/5/21.

Looking into this it seems that many have been caught out by recent rule changes for disabled badge holders in BB that don't seem to be clear - if they had been she would have seen them and made the necessary phone call to register her car.

Advice gratefully received.

BB parking notice to keeper (2).pdf BB notice of court action (2).pdf

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement

19 March 2021

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

31 March 2021

3 Date received

According to the NTK contents it was deemed to be given  on the second working day after the date on the letter  - that would be 3 April 21(if Saturday is deemed a working day) as 2 and 4 April were bank holidays (Good Friday and Easter Monday) so this might already be out of time?

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

No

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/A

7 Who is the parking company?

District Enforcement Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Burnham Beeches Lord Mayor's Drive Slough Berks

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Notice of Impending Court Action dated 29/4/21 received 4 May 2021 

• dx100uk changed the title to DEL ANPR PCN - BB's no longer accepted for free parking - Burnham Beeches Lord Mayor's Drive Slough Berks

in all truth BB's actual mean nothing on private land.

as for the NTK timing... its calendar days. so they are well in time 

not many threads here on DEL 

and that letter doesn't appear to be a compliant Letter of claim under the pre action protocol that they must abide by before issuing a court claim.

though i do notice there is one DEL courtclaim thread here for the same site but after help the OP never bothered to return..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Re NTK timing, 14 calendar days from 19/3/21 would be 2/4/21 and they wouldn't deem the letter to have arrived before the 3/4/21 according to their own assumption of 2 working days after the date on the letter (31/3/21) as there would have been no post on Good Friday (2/4/21).

If the Letter is not compliant, what action should be taken?

Understandably the recipient is quite worried about the latest letter and speed of escalation but she has not received any photos of her car in or leaving the car park

I noticed a number of people on Trip Advisor have noted that they have been caught out with their disabled permits recently at this carpark. Sadly they seem to have paid....

well whichever way it goes or doesn't there is never any reason to blindly pay a speculative invoice

have you gotten photos of aLL the signs and their small print and where they are positioned?

cause if the T&C's are not obvious that at the bays re:the need to pay has changed.... then no dice DEL.

and they

so don't ever appeal!

dx

and they

8 hours ago, ajjm said:

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

No

you say on the NTK there are NO photo's not even of the reg number cropped nor any in/out times stated?

dx

and they

No photos at all.

So is she ok to ignore the letter re court action or should she write to them to say the Ntk was out of time ?

The only mention is of the time the car left (not photos though) and it says she is liable for parking for the period of parking immediately before that! For all they know she just drove through the carpark!

Having a similar tiff with another clown outfit ajjm re BB and payment.

Although I'm looking forward to my little scrap because I know I'll win, is this car park ANPR then?

They do like to make assumptions regarding parking, there is always a minimum of ten minutes grace.

If the NTK is out of time then there c an be no keeper liability.

As for appealing, the consensus is NOT to appeal! Do as I say not as I do springs to mind......

I've had a quick look on google maps and the CP's I can see appear to be hardcore in laybys with one paypoint?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i suspect this is not an anpr camera controlled carpark?

hence the NTK is well BEFORE time not out of time?(29-56 days?)

(see our stickyyou filled out).

and they

There was no ticket on the car and no photographic evidence on the NTK so I’m not sure what sort of carpark this is and how they have the info.  Not sure what the other options are. Nonetheless we’d like to know what (if any) response to make to the notice is intended court action

with the letter that says will court, was there also a reply pack wanting financial details?

and they

No there wasn’t. The first letter had a form asking for disclosure of the driver’s details. The second one was just threatening court action. 

On 04/05/2021 at 18:52, dx100uk said:

well whichever way it goes or doesn't there is never any reason to blindly pay a speculative invoice

have you gotten photos of aLL the signs and their small print and where they are positioned?

cause if the T&C's are not obvious that at the bays re:the need to pay has changed.... then no dice DEL.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay but my friend has only just had a chance to return to take pictures of the signage which I am trying to get in a format to attach here.

In the meantime,  it does seem that the conditions are there to say that disabled badge holders have to register their car via email or telephone - which begs the question as to how you could do this if you did not have a phone on you. 

It would be helpful to know what is wrong with the letter before claim and I'm also unsure on whether the ntk was out of time or not.

Thanks

It's not that there's anything wrong with the letter - but it's just a letter.  It's not entitled Letter of Claim as it should be if they really were about to start court action - see the following, especially paragraph 3

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/debt-pap.pdf

You're right, they make up absurd rules so that drivers will break them, thus they can send out their demands for money.  I doubt a judge would be very impressed however.

dx in post 4 answered about the invoice being out of time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks,

we were a bit confused re whether the NTK was out of time as post #4 from Dx says it was in time but post #7 by lookforinfo says it is out of time.  

I attach the relevant photos of the machine in the carpark

BB photos.pdf

ANPR cameras are entry/exit only and cannot detect where someone parks...so must be a bod with a camera (probably a local that dubs people in for a backhander ) ...so the NTK must arrive 29 - 56 days from incident.

and they

Eh?

DX

and they