Lowell/Overdale 3xPAPLOC Now claimform - old Vanquis Debt ***Claim Discontinued***

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone after a bit of advice.

Lowells have two debts of mine for the last couple of years.

Brief break down on what happened in 2015 - 2016 I moved house and then had a down turn in work (self employed) and could only pay for essentials.

I did have a DMP which was paid till 2018.

One of them was for Studio card and wasn't on my DMP, the last payment to them was June 2015 and was defaulted in Jan 2016. When will this debt be Statue Barred? I am confused as it it seems to have changed lately. 

Lowells have been sent a CCA for this one and couldn't produce one.

The other one was with Vanquis and was paid via DMP at £5 till 2018 when I couldn't pay anything, the last full payment was June 2015 and then the reduced payment was paid until 2018, this one wasn't defaulted till 2018 is this right?

I've sent a SAR to Vanquis to see all the details they have etc.

typically an original creditor should issue a default notice within 3-6mts of entering a DMP or last payment date, not some months or years letter.

so the statute barred date running from the DN date+14 days, which is the current wisdom, could be challenged should this ever make court.

but until the debt owners comply with an enforceable CCA , they are going nowhere. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX,

I started the DMP in 2015 and  (Vanquis - Lowell)  have registered the default in 2018. After reading some other posts Vanquis don't seem to issue default notes if you go into a DMP for some reason.

Well if they don't issue a DN then how are you supposed to know how to rectify your account?

Failed at the first hurdle.....if they don't follow the guidelines that is.

The studio card is gone, ignore that, June it will be SB.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

to vanquis

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All the SAR has arrived.

It shows they accepted the lower payments in June 2015, as the DMP was through Stepchange the payments seem to to have arrived late to Vanquis and was always in arrears so the finally defaulted it is July 2017 so where Lowell got the 2018 default I don't understand.

Funny enough the SAR shows all the letter from 2011 but not the earlier ones where they put your limit up ever couple of months.

• 2 months later...

next desk nearer the bog

• Like 1

and they

Yep ignore, the next letter will be ''leter of claim'', then you hit them with a CCA request and a list of questions and hey presto, it goes radio silence....

That is IF they follow the same MO as mine...

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

for the vanquis debt?

and they

click letter of claim, follow post 2 and its attachment.

and they

and the cca request to lowell as it advises

• Like 1

and they

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At least you got a response, I've had two letters of claim from Overdales, but still no response to my CCA request.

I'm in two minds as to whether these LOC's are bluff and bluster, as naff all has happened after their arbitrary 30 day time limit.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Still nothing from either.

I have been looking through the SAR that Vanquis sent me and in it is the default notice that is dated 18 months before the Lowell have registered on my credit file, hows is this possible? Would of it been when they took the debt over?

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Get onto the credit reference agency and put a ''notice of correction'' on there, and advise them that the information they are reporting is factually incorrect and they will be wise to correct it or you will be seeking damages off them.

Are you certain it isn't just lowlifes updating the file?

The date of default is placed there by the OC, so Vanquis, then when they farm it out to powerless DCA's they 'update' the file with their details, the default date stays the same.

As you now have evidence, when was the default date? And how much longer have you got until it drops off your file?

• 3 weeks later...

I do have my credit file open in front that says 31st Oct 18 for the default.

But the letter from Vanquis that arrived in recent SAR I did is dated 31st July 17.

Problem is I see how I can complain about this as this would be admitting the debt, while I am waiting on my CCA request from the PAP paperwork

Edited by just_jue

it is not admittance of anything.

and they