Advice on a Couple of Debts with Lowells

Hi everyone after a bit of advice.

Lowells have two debts of mine for the last couple of years.

Brief break down on what happened in 2015 - 2016 I moved house and then had a down turn in work (self employed) and could only pay for essentials.

I did have a DMP which was paid till 2018.

One of them was for Studio card and wasn't on my DMP, the last payment to them was June 2015 and was defaulted in Jan 2016. When will this debt be Statue Barred? I am confused as it it seems to have changed lately. 

Lowells have been sent a CCA for this one and couldn't produce one.

The other one was with Vanquis and was paid via DMP at £5 till 2018 when I couldn't pay anything, the last full payment was June 2015 and then the reduced payment was paid until 2018, this one wasn't defaulted till 2018 is this right?

I've sent a SAR to Vanquis to see all the details they have etc.

typically an original creditor should issue a default notice within 3-6mts of entering a DMP or last payment date, not some months or years letter.

so the statute barred date running from the DN date+14 days, which is the current wisdom, could be challenged should this ever make court.

but until the debt owners comply with an enforceable CCA , they are going nowhere. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX,

I started the DMP in 2015 and  (Vanquis - Lowell)  have registered the default in 2018. After reading some other posts Vanquis don't seem to issue default notes if you go into a DMP for some reason.

Well if they don't issue a DN then how are you supposed to know how to rectify your account?

Failed at the first hurdle.....if they don't follow the guidelines that is.

The studio card is gone, ignore that, June it will be SB.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!