Jump to content

Child care costs


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Me and partner are now both working full time we have to pay our childcare costs upfront, but it's alot and universal credit are being really stubborn on what is needed as proof, 


I've sent everything requested over twice and a bank statement , but the bank statement is not in the club's name but the booking sites name which we shown to universal credit, we need the money back to pay this month's. 


Also my partner was in hospital and was then signed off for just over 8 weeks, he got basic sick pay which universal credit decided to put us on the the capping thing, which shouldn't affect us now but we have struggled the last 3 months due to it all, and now this it's completely thrown us we are worse off on universal credit 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not being stubborn, legislation states what evidence they are allowed to accept, which is what they ask you for.


They cannot accept anything else. Everything that happens within UC is done because of the actual legislation, there is no grey, just black and white.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have had invoices showing its paid and bank statements and a letter or the childcare provider but still want back statement to show childcare provider name I explained and showed a letter that it is the online booking system and the provider has given a letter showing this too!  We due a payment on 13th not counting on any money for the childcare 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggest that you call 0800 3285644 and ask to raise a 24 hour call back from the service centre as you are wanting to make a complaint. Paying towards childcare is important to DWP as it is helping people stay in work. If the childcare provider was not paid as you did not have the money, then it could stop you being able to work.


It is fairly common for childcare providers to use a payment facility with payments shown to a different company name than the childcare providers. Once they receive sufficient evidence to confirm that the payment is for the childcare, then UC should calculate any additional payment due.


If you are both employed with earnings above the threshold for the benefit cap as a couple, then the benefit cap should not be applied. The threshold is currently £617 per assessment period, so earnings above that should mean benefit cap is not applied. 

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...