Woodhouse Builders - Richard Woodhouse - did not correctly installed flat roof extension ***CCJ and Paid in full***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

since covid it appears some court bailiffs co's  now send a notice of acting, then a notice of enforcement giving 7 days before a visit and then a visit.

21 days is quite a small window for all that to happen, again due to covid backlogs/suspension of services in the last 18mts.

ask when the NOE was sent.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it is on the net. Tho it does not give a number for the Bailiffs. I use to live near those courts as a Child, no longer in Norwich, so l new it was a combined courts. 

I have a old number for the bailiffs in my files but ATM l cant get to them due to my daughter being in isolation as a class member tested positive last week. I can get to it in a few days if the phone number is no help. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Good Morning all,

Sorry I went out yesterday and didnt get back until late so I couldnt reply then, thanks for the number I will give them a call later on and will let you know how I got on

Hi All

Ok I called that number you gave me and it tells me to call  0344 892 4000 so I did and talked to a lady who said I cant call the baliffs directly and I will need to email them and explain what I want to do, well I have done that and I will await a reply, but as I have already emailed them about my builders telephone number and they have not replied to that I dont hold out much hope of them replying to my latest email, but you never know.

I don't want you feel that I'm knocking you when you are already down – this is really for the benefit of other people who visit this forum and this thread.

When people start taking advice from us, it's best to keep on taking our advice and with any new step, they should come back and doublecheck that they are doing the best thing for themselves.
Unfortunately this claimant took our advice and after the claim had been issued, went ahead without any reference to us and so unfortunately has made an error of judgement which is causing some serious problems.
We would have warned the claimant that going to the bailiffs is completely inappropriate and probably ineffective and that as the claim was over £600, it opened the door to a robust enforcement process by transferring the matter to the High Court.
Had this judgement been transferred up to the High Court for enforcement by the sheriffs, it would have been a done deal by now. If the defendant had managed to frustrate the enforcement then at least we could consider the next step.

As it is, the whole thing has stalled very badly.

I would ring them back and tell them you have been contacting the bailiffs by email but have been ignored. As result you want a contact number for someone who you can complain to.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I would ring them back and tell them you have been contacting the bailiffs by email but have been ignored

Tho a quick search on say no to 0870 says the number for southend county courts bailiffs is 01702 603243

• Like 1

Now I really appreciate all the help everyone has given me and I wouldn’t have been where I am now without it, but if someone had given me a template in an order in what I should have done this, instead of just parts of what to do, this wouldn’t have happened.

I was advised to send the 3 letters which I did and then take him to court which I did, but at no time did anyone say come back here once you have been given judgement, the online paperwork from the court  told me what to do next and high court bailiffs wasn’t an option, if it had said do you want to use the CC baliffs or the High court baliffs I would have come here and asked for your advice, but there wasnt a choice, so forgive me for not being aware what I should have done before doing it as I wasnt to know was I?.

You are all doing a great job in in helping me and everyone else who comes here Please keep it up,

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been any movement on this. 

• I agree 1

Hi Again, Well as you know i was given the warrant on the 1st of July, But I had not heard anything so last week I emailed the OxfordWoCSC and they said "We are currently unable to give an accurate time estimate as the bailiffs work to their own schedules and don’t tell us where they will be and when. The warrant was passed to the bailiff on the 19/07/2021 and we would hope to see a first visit within 8 weeks but as I said it depends on their personal backlog and schedule. "

I have had no contact with the bailiffs at this time, I would have thought they would have at least let me know its in their hands etc etc but nothing.

So its just a case of waiting now unless someone knows differently ?

Watching the  bailiff program on the TV I often see that the they explain that the client has taken it up to the high court but when I asked they told me until cc has got as far as they can they are unable to take the case on as there can not be two warrants issued at the same time, which seems strange as they seem to be able to on the TV?

Edited by dx100uk
spelling

I'm sure they don't have two warrants in place on the TV. What would have happened on the TV – and what should have happened here, as you know, is that you should have immediately taken the judgement and applied for a High Court warrant instead of going ahead with the County Court warrant.

As you probably realise now, the High Court warrant would have been enforced some time ago. I'm afraid that the County Court warrant is completely open-ended – and of course it is unsatisfactory.

I think you really need to investigate how to withdraw the warrant. I can't imagine that there isn't a way to do this.

Have you telephoned the High Court enforcement officers to ask about this? They may well know.

If you are unable to cancel the warrant then I'm afraid that it lasts for one year and that means that you would not be able to apply for a high court warrant until July of next year.

@Bailiff Advice - How to cancel a county court warrant?

Hi Again,

Well  good news  I received a letter today from the baliffs and he has paid them a cheque for the full ammount, so they just have to have it cleared in the bank and I will be getting it.

So once again thanks for all your help in getting to this point.

@BankFodder your link above takes me to the link below but I couldnt see anything about "How to cancel a county court warrant? " or did I miss it ?

Warrants – withdrawal and suspension of warrant at creditor’s request

WWW.JUSTICE.GOV.UK

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm on a train and can't remember what the link was, but anyway you don't need it now.

Well done. I'm very pleased that it is sorted and you got your result.

Are there any loose ends which need tidying up?

Dont party until you have the cleared payment. I dont want to sound like a downer but who says the cheque will clear. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone again, well on Saturday I received the cheque from the baliffs so it did clear the bank so I have got my money in full

I did suspect he may have had away out of paying me so I did a bit of research and I was right (well I think so) if he has public liabilty insurence he can now claim off it, so i expect that was his plan what you think?

But he now has a CCJ which wont help him + a bad name in the town if it gets around, i wont be putting it on face book telling everyone what he did, but i will be telling everyone I know not to use him, and i also wont be recommending him on trust a trader.com thats for sure lol.

Thanks again everyone for your help

• Like 1

Thanks for updating us. Well done.

How long ago was the judgement? If he settles the judgement before 30 days then the judgement is not registered against him.

• Andyorch changed the title to Woodhouse Builders - Richard Woodhouse - did not correctly installed flat roof extension ***CCJ and Paid in full***

Topic title updated.

Well done.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread