• Tweets

• Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Woodhouse Builders - Richard Woodhouse - did not correctly installed flat roof extension ***CCJ and Paid in full***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 04/05/2021 at 09:16, CobraUK said:

Hi GodMother could you link that face book page for the bentley be good to have that in my file please, I did look but wasnt able to find it

It was the other half that found him. It was a general search and on selling pages locally. 

One of the school dads say he has heard good and bad things about him and the work he has done the other one has said he would not trust him with a 10 foot barge pole. I have another one getting back to me Friday as he is going to ask a possible new customer who done the work he is looking at fixing. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I suggest that you take screenshots of all these Facebook pages – just in case they get amended

@@ GodMother, its a pity your other half cant find it again as I have searched shpock & Gumtree etc but I wasnt able to find it, it would have been good to be able to show he sold a very expensive car when he was aware he was going to be taken to court.

@ BankFodder yes I will do that thank you.

Sorry but I think that the selling of the car is completely irrelevant.

If you could locate an asset to enforce against then that might be useful

No. It's not relevant at this moment. After you get a judgement and then you have the judgement transferred to the High Court for enforcement by High Court enforcement officers, then if you can assist them as to the existence of any assets, that would be helpful.

Other than that, knowing about vehicles that he is selling is neither here nor there. You don't even know if the car is in his name. You don't know if the car is his personal property or he is trading cars.

I think the only thing to do is to get on with the business in hand which is to start the legal action once your letter of claim has expired and then to go through the process.

Sorry for the delay. 

One of the dads did get back to me but today so l could not update before. 

The person he went to see Friday evening says it was him that done the work and he has refused to finish it no idea as to why fully but she has said it because he keeps asking for more money and has now said more work than he thought needs doing and that unless he gets a further £xxx amount then work cant be finished. The school dad has said that this is the 5th person in 3 weeks that has called him and that some of the work does not look fully correctly done. I have only got one side of the story and further to this have not been given the financial side of things.  

I have asked, on your behalf sorry if this is wrong, if they would be able to provide a statement to say this but he has said he would talk to his partner about this. He obviously does not want to cause a problem within the area and business as it is the sole income for his family ATM. Which l think can be understood. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi GodMother, thanks for the info, it seems he is getting a bad name and thats what will finish him, but he doesnt seem to see that in the way he treats customers.

Please don't ask anyone for written statements I dont think it will help my case thank you for asking.

Ok. It was just something that popped into my head. 

I have googled the company and they do have happy customers as well. I think it can be rather hit and miss with this. 

Hi Everyone I just got to the summary page of the claim on the MCOL site and its asking for my signature for the Statement of Truth and there is a space for one (see attached) that I can type in but once I save its gone, so how do I do that part as it wont let me go to the next page until I sign it, there is no help that I can see? on the page, it is an online form isnt it ? or am I on the wrong site

MCOL - Money Claim Online - Submit Claim.pdf

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi I have figured it out everyone, I just have to type my name in the box and click next not save and then its fine, if you click save it removes the name for some reason

Technology. A help and pain in our life 

Hi All

Just a update his 14 days are up and I have sent in my claim in online this earier this morning, but the post man has just come and delivered a letter from the post office saying the letter was refused to be signed for, so I am wondering if that affects anything as he has not read my "letter refore court claim" ?  so he must have be aware of reason for the 3rd letter, other wise he/she would have just signed for it wouldnt they ? does him not signing help him at all or affect my claim do you think ?

The letter was attempted to be delivered and was refused to be signed for on the 1/5/21 and its taken the post office 14 days to get it back to me that is a bit bad i think ?, I do have proof of the first 2 letters sent to him.

Fine. That's not a problem.

Send them a copy of it by ordinary mail without any need for signature. However at the top of it, make it clear that this is a copy of the one which was sent on XXX date on which they refused sign for all to accept.

The letter of claim begins from the date of the intended delivery and their refusal to accept it.

I suggest that you give them an extra few days and issue the claim on Friday.

If you are able to hand deliver a copy of the letter as well – bearing the same message then do it.

Keep a note of the actions you have taken trying to bring the forthcoming action to their notice

The post office will have given 14 days for them to collect. The thing is it could be that the person was not in when they delivered and they went to the post office they can view the item before signing or paying for a item. This is standard and should you look on the royal mail website they do say they will hold post for xx days. 

Just proceeded as you was going to. Keep the letter as evidence as the judge may ask if you sent one and what the response is. This way you can prove he did not sign for something.  

Thanks all, great advice as normal, but I have already sent in the claim so I cant wait a few days, and godmother that makes sence why the PO took so long so return to me thanks

If you sent in the claim – then that's fine. It's up to them.

Keep us updated

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/146/related/1

This is the royal mail missed delivery page. It might help. 

The PO label attached to my letter says they refused to sign for it, so the PO did ask them to sign in person, so to me thats proof it was delivered its just they refused to sign for it and also not take delivery of it, and thats why it was reurned to me.

It proves u tried to have a letter delivered and whoever was there refused it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, just an update the papers were sent from the court and he had until today to respond, well today a letter from the court  came through my door which had a letter saying that he or someone has sent the paper work back saying he hasnt lived there since December 2020, I dont believe that for a moment as you know someone has signed for two of the 3 of my letters addressed to him this year (the last one being refused to sign for), but the letter from the court did say the paper work still stands as if he has had it unless I know of another address for him, so how can I check if he is at that address other then wait outside and watch him going in there, but even that wont prove he lives there as he might be just visiting his kids which i believe he has got looking at his face book pages.

So can anyone help please with tracking him down, and should I go ahead and press for  judgement anyway because it will still be done even if he isnt living there am I correct?

Yes apply for judgement. You should have applied for judgement at the very moment it was possible. Don't hang around.

If there are any questions then simply explain to the judge that it is clear on the evidence that he is trying to evade the service of court papers. You have identified an asset and it is for him to challenge the judgement

• BankFodder changed the title to Woodhouse Builders - Richard Woodhouse - did not correctly installed flat roof extension