• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

GP Negligence prescribed sleeping pills which caused urine retention and an indwelling catheter to be put in - Quality of life ruined by GP negligence!!

linzie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Do any of the Family Members have Power of Attorney (PoA) for the Relative in question? (if they do has that relative informed the hospital or has the Hospital if (PoA) is in place and asked for a copy of the PoA Document?)

2. Has the Relative with there Medical Condition been Sectioned under Adults with Incapacity (AWI) at all? (now if the hospital has an (AWI) in place they would need to notify the relativesespecially if (PoA) is in place of this and there reason for it being put in place)

3. Have you asked the Family GP to contact this specific Hospital Consultant and explain to them about that certain medication being stopped? (it is easy for GP's to do this)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Those relative looking after the relative with Dementia really need to get Power of Attorney (PoA)/Deputyship in place so they need to speak to the Public Guardians Office on how to proceed with this for not just Health and Welfare but Financial as well:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-public-guardian

Has the relative with Dementia actually been properly Diagnosed and the medical condition and confirmed by the Hospital (not a GP)?

As this is to do with the GP at the Doctors Surgey IMO you would firstly need to make your formal comlaint in writing to the Practice Manager of that specific Doctors Surgery and await the outcome of there decision and if not happy to then progress it further. 

Please wait for BazzaS to pop in they are more knowledgeable in this specific area

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi

Does the relative that you state has Dementia had that formally diagnoised by the Hospital and not just a GP at the Surgery saying it?

What is the name of the Sleeping Pills that were Prescribed?

Post#28 your SAR request make sure and Title it 'Subject Access Request' (also see below)

Please accept this as a formal request for ALL DATA whatever format you may hold this in whether it be written, computerised etc. relating to (insert full name, Date of Birth, Full Address).

If any records are redacted could you provide clarification as to why this has been done and under which parts of the Data Protection Act/General Data Protections Regulations you are relying on to do this.

If you require to contact me on this matter my full details are as follows (Insert full Name, Address, Phone Numbers, Email)

(Note you do not have to put £10 as a Subject Access Request is FREE so leave that out and the time limit for a SAR is 30 Calender days only starts once the GP Surgery has aknowledged your SAR Request and does not ask you for further identification which then extends the request time limit)

I would leave out the part to leave a message on your answer machine as most surgery's will not do this as they do not know who has access to that answer machine and what they are discussing still comes under Data Protection Act/Medical Confidentiality.

• Thanks 1

Hi

I haveh ad a good re read of your Topic and do agree with BazzaS  that you need to take a step back from this and I can appeciate that you are not happy with the treatment that your relative has been given due to the sleeping pill being prescribed.

You mention the wait at the hospital of over X hours but you do not say if this relative went to a certain department with a GP letter or whether this was via the hospital A&E Department.

If it was via the Hospitals A&E Department you need to bear in mind the following:

1. This was during COVID-19 and protetions will be in place to protect both Medical Staff and Patients coming to A&E

2. The A&E Department will Triage every single Patient coming to that Department as to who needs instant medical treament to those who can wait a certain period but as this can be a fast flowing Department the Triage System can change minute by minute dependent on the amount of Casualties/Patients they have to treat.

IMO you need to approach this from the beginning as to why your relative was prescribed that specific medication with there medical condition and that GPs reasoning at that time. (was this fully discussed with that relative at that time, as you say they have capacity to sign a letter, did they understand what the GP was saying at the time about this medication and did they agree to the GPs decision to prescribe this medication if they have capacity and were the possible side affects explained)

My concern is you state they have Dementia then state they have capacity to sign a letter but we are unaware of what type of Dementia the relative has i.e. is it early onset Dementia as you need to be very careful if they have memory loss issues with stating they have capacity to sign a letter when there is no Power of Attorney nor Deputyship in Place for that relative.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi linzie

Sorry but I have to agree with BazzaS as on one hand you point out they have Dementia then on the other hand say they have Capacity.

You need to be very careful dealing with this due to the above.

Have you done anything of considering obtaining Deputyship? (this would resolve these issues and keep things legal protecting both you and your brother)

WWW.GOV.UK

How to become and act as a Court of Protection deputy - eligibility, responsibilities, how to apply, fees, supervision and when your deputyship...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I do again have to agree with BazzaS on this.

Irrespective that you state the GP has never said they think there is no capacity have you actually confirmed this in writing with the GP that your Brother has Capacity and more importantly your Brother has Capacity to understand and sign letters/Documents.

Without Power of Attorney nor Deputyship in place and with your Brother having a Diagnosis of Dementia you are going to find it very difficult to deal with your Brothers affairs properly right down to this Medical issue with the GP.

I am afraid and if you do not answers the questions asked of you properly it is going to be very difficult to assist you.