Initial Parking Lowther Street Carlisle ***Won at POPLA***

Posted (edited)

Here's a photo of their T&C's.

The carp signage is what I will add in my appeal to POPLA, along with their failure to clearly state which Lowther street car park in the UK they're referring too.

T&Cs Lowther Street CP.compressed.pdf

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Posted (edited)

And here is the WIN.

POPLA appeal.docx

Edited by Bazooka Boo
Persec.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

This was easier than I thought!

P.S. Is it just me or is the facility to edit your posts and add extra docs etc, not working?

Initial Parking withdrawal .docx

Must be something they didn't want to be seen, like pants signage

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Posted (edited)

Yep, not so smug now, threw the towel in before it even began.....

Parking charge notice does not state which Lowther street car park in the UK it is referring to. There is no signage at the entrance to the car park to state that it is private property.

There are no terms and conditions (T&C's) at either of the pay points.

Terms and conditions signage is positioned out of sight at the rear of the car park positioned too high for customers to read.

The second T&C's is positioned at the exit.

The driver did not accept the offer of the contract as they failed to pay and were therefore trespassing.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Thanks for all the reporting back. 

Very interesting, as we would normally have said not to appeal.  All this info. will be very useful for anyone else who comes up against this company. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to Initial Parking Lowther Street Carlisle ***Won at POPLA***
Posted (edited)

No worries at all.

For the record and others, I appealed as Mr Registered Keeper, firstly to the cowboy parking company, and then to POPLA once the PPC had conducted their ''extensive'' investigation to my appeal, which took them three & a half minutes from appeal to their decision.

It stands to reason that this PPC in particular instance, DOES NOT investigate your appeal, their system is set up to respond to all appeals with a refusal and POPLA code, which when you appeal to POPLA costs the PPC money.

Edited by Bazooka Boo