Fined for parking in my own space

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any help here would be most appreciated.

I recently moved into a new flat that came with a parking space, the landlord gave me a ticket to display to show space number x was mine.

As I did not have a holder to stick it to the window it must have blown off or fallen on the floor one day and I was issued with a ticket for £70. I spoke to private contractor who isued the ticket and explained the issue and the response was "not much we can do as you were not displaying the ticket speak to your landlord"

You can see where this is going, but the landlord spoke to the management co who spoke to the parking contractor etc etc. All going round in circles and now I have a £100 fine as they have added DVLA admin charges, despite me giving them my new address (car was still registered to my old flat) and details.

This space belongs to the flat and therefore is part of my tennancy, I dont feel I should have to pay a fine for parking in my own space.

Anyone got ant bright ideas.

Does the "ticket" claim to be a fine?

Clearly as YOU are the tenant & the vehicle IS yours then they are just playing silly jobsworths.

The fact that the vehicle wasn't registered at your address is not a reason to impose a civil penalty & any DVLA check would have shown you as the registered keeper (unless you changed name as well as address) Once you had clarified matters it should have been cancelled & I don't believe any court in the land would penalise you for parking in YOUR designated space.

Advise write to the landlord or managing agents saying that as they are now fully aware of the circumstances you would consider any charge to be a breach of contract on their part