Harlands contacted for energie fitness payment

Zoe134
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I called the gym back in 2019 to cancel my membership and they assured me that this had been done, so I cancelled the direct debit with my bank.

I was then contacted by Harlands in April 2019 via email asking me to make a payment which I did not see.

Energie fitness then emailed me in June 2019 stating that I had to contact Harlands to pay my balance.

I had a lot of back and forth with Energie fitness stating that I would not be making payment as I was assured my membership was cancelled. I have not heard from the gym since June 2019 and Harlands have not contacted me since their email in April 2019. 

However, the thought of this potentially coming back to me at a later date is making me anxious.

I am not sure if I should contact Harlands to discuss this or just leave it as it has been so long? 

I would appreciate any advice/help with this situation. 
Thank you in advance!

My site team colleague @slick132 will be along at some point to confirm – but probably the answer is that you have nothing to worry about and you shouldn't bother to contact them that come back here if you hear anything more from them.

And as an aside, it will be helpful if you would space your posts properly so that they are easier to read – especially when people are using telephones with small screens to access your thread.

ignore everyone nothing they can do to you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Zoe and welcome to CAG

If you'd asked us back in 2019, we'd have advised you to give a month's notice, pay a final fee by DD and then cancel the DD mandate.

There was nothing to be gained by arguing the toss with the gym or with Harlands.

Two years since then, you have absolutely nothing to worry about but, if anyone comes back to you with any demand, ignore them and come here for advice.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)