VCS/ELMS PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - residential - Headford Mews, Sheffield, S3 7XL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thought about this Excel/VCS mix-up.

You could contact the DVLA and see who accessed your data.

If it is Excel then that would be a massive blow to Simon.  It would back up what you say that the original PCN was from Excel.  It would mean Excel accessed your data when they had no reason to.  It would show that VCS got your data from Excel, not from the DVLA.

I'm not sure as no-one has done this for a while but I think the details here are still current

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes probably our friend wali?

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It will definitely be full of waffle that can be dissected and challenged

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

here we are, its gone up from £245 to £270 that they are now claiming, not forgetting the extra £220 they want for a solicitor as per my last letter from them. They have no solicitor and are acting for themselves

They are just scamming me

wsfromvcsredacted_compressed.pdf4.84.pdf

They have used a CTRL C CTRL V WS  plenty to kill their pig with.

• Thanks 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

On 16/09/2021 at 18:15, Hideyspidey said:

they just ramble on and on about the same thing

Indeed they do, cut & paste bilge as BN says.

However, that's very, very good news for you.

I see that you included Supremacy of Contract in your defence.  This is an extremely-important legal point.  Ambreen has ignored it when talking about your defence.  Presumably she agrees you had Supremacy of Contract.  She certainly hasn't argued against it.

It's common sense that residents will at some point have work done on their properties.  What are tradespeople like you supposed to do?  Is there a temporary permit scheme?  There's nothing mentioned by Ambreen and nothing on their signs.  Essentially they're making it impossible for you not to be charged, which is an unfair term.

Ambreen mentions a contract.  Can you post that up too?  It's highly likely VCS have messed up there.

Anything from the DVLA?

You need to draft a new version of your own WS now, try and group the points together as explained in post 146.

On the residential Point, there is caselaw to support the contention that a guest can be given the parking right by the resident raed these links, and keep for later if required

PARKING-PRANKSTER.BLOGSPOT.COM

C8HW2E9Q – UKPC v Miss C, Reading 12/07/2017 before District Judge Harrison Claimant represented by Andrew Gibbs-Ripley, solicitor instruc...
PARKING-PRANKSTER.BLOGSPOT.COM

C8HW3P0T – UKPC v Miss B, before District Judge Jones. 12/05/2017 UKPC were represented by Mr Elfer (not a practicing solicitor or a regul...

Incidentally team, with regard to Residential Parking I phoned VCS regarding Courier deliveries to apartment blocks they infest, they assured me that a van with DPD, Yodel etc would be invoiced if it had no permit and drivers should apply for a permit to allow therm to deliver difficulty would be car couriers for Hermes and Yodel . Call was recorded.  They also said by inference the postman's red post office van would also be invoiced but that the driver should appeal.......  Obviously y they would fall down in Court with Homeguard V Jopson, but Simon is greedy enough to try.

Great work BN.  Can you get the call or at least a tapescript to the OP?

So in Simon's world, whenever the OP gets a job it's her responsibility to contact every single PPC in the whole of the country to check if they administer the car park in question and if so apply for a permit.  I suppose alternatively she could cycle there the evening before even if the place was several miles away in the heart of winter just to see if there were signs belonging to a PPC 🤣  Good luck to Simon arguing this before a judge. 

10 hours ago, lookinforinfo said:

In addition to posting up the whole contract could you please also include the PCNs which should settle the Excel/VCS question. 

There's a problem though LFI.

The OP is adamant that the original PCN was from Excel, but they didn't keep it.  The OP doesn't have the original PCN.

When they CPR'd Elms, they sent everything bar the PCN, which suggests they had something to hide and backs up what the OP said.

When the OP SAR'd Excel they didn't reply, again which ties in again with what the OP has told us.

When they SAR'd VCS they did send a PCN, which could easily have been forged by Simon.  The WS will contain a PCN but probably this forged one.

I was hoping the DVLA would confirm the involvement of Excel but they haven't replied either.

In that case might be the same argument as if a Taxi Driver was invoiced for picking up a customer without a permit as was said in Homeguard v Jopson, there is a presumption that people would be able to stop to pick up or deliver without actually being parked:  

from Jopson v Homeguard:

"20 Neither party was able to direct the court to any authority on the meaning of
the word “park”. However, the Shorter Oxford Dictionary has the following:
“To leave a vehicle in a carpark or other reserved space” and “To leave in a
suitable place until required.”
The concept of parking, as opposed to
stopping, is that of leaving a car for some duration of time beyond that needed
for getting in or out of it, loading or unloading it, and perhaps coping with
some vicissitude of short duration, such as changing a wheel in the event of a
puncture. Merely to stop a vehicle cannot be to park it; otherwise traffic jams
would consist of lines of parked cars. Delivery vans, whether for post,
newspapers, groceries, or anything else, would not be accommodated on an
interpretation which included vehicles stopping for a few moment for these
purposes. Discussion in this area left the respondent in obvious difficulties,
from which the attractive advocacy of Miss Fenwick was unable to rescue it.
21 Whether a car is parked, or simply stopped, or left for a moment while
unloading, or (to take an example discussed in argument) accompanying a
frail person inside, must be a question of fact or degree. I think in the end this
was agreed. A milkman leaving his float to carry bottles to the flat would not
be “parked”.

Nor would a postman delivering letters, a wine merchant
delivering a case of wine, and nor, I am satisfied, a retailer’s van, or indeed
the appellant, unloading an awkward piece of furniture. Any other approach
would leave life in the block of flats close to unworkable, a consideration
which those instructing Miss Fenwick seemed reluctant to accept. I am quite
satisfied, and I find as a fact, that while the appellant’s car had been stationary
for more than a minute and without its driver for the same period (whatever
precisely it was), while she carried in her desk, it was not “parked”.
Accordingly, for that reason too, the appellant was not liable to the charge
stipulated in the respondent’s notice."

Judgment can be downloaded from here  its the last case at the bottom of the page:

I was hoping that all the PCNs would have been included with the WS as they should. An alternative to the DVLA may be to go back to Headford Mews to see what the signs are.

Also you could put them to strict proof that the signage was VCS at the time and not Excel which is quite normal for both those companies despite it being unlawful for them to do that. 

See this below and include it in your WS since it shows VCS and BW legal lying about the situation. They could be doing the same with you.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/01/vcs-discontinue-another-albert-street.html    this was a terrible case and there were another two or three cases mentioned in thesame post..

In addition if you look at this thread  post 3 by Ericsbrother it explains the legal situation between the two companies

Here is the contract

Ive also attached the photos they took, you can see how dark it is, however i chose to ignore as i understood i had the right to park in the space allocated to the apartment to conduct what was an essential job during lockdown.

Yes i guess i was just stupid to assume but for the life of me i didnt think there would be anyone snooping about and that on  a cold dark wet late afternoon i wouldnt get a ticket. (morally) 

I saw that there is off road parking a few hundred yards away when i went back to look again in the summer, this is unlit and on a steep hill and i had a ladder. Im not sure what they wanted me to do.

They did send the first letter from excel, received just after xmas.

Im still chasing DVLA and also EXCEL.

Shall i contact them again, excel got my SAR request in May?

Vcs contract headford-redacted.pdf

here are some photos to show how dark it was too and the original ntk etc

i really want to know if they should have had people wandering about during lockdown

jpg2pdf.pdf

Was it def a vcs bod that clocked you? Or someone paid a backhander to dob people in..i forgot..

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The priority now is to work on your WS.  I've just reread it and 99% of the points are excellent.  The "meat" is all there.  However, you jump from one legal point to another and back again, it needs to be ordered properly as pointed out in post 146.  All the excellent legal points that BN, LFI and you yourself have looked up need to be included.  I see your first draft was two months ago - the clock is ticking.  You are dealing with the most litigious of the PPCs and you need to sit down one evening and counter these vermin and do the WS.

Well done on the photos.  There is just one solitary sign, artificially illuminated by VCS, which you wouldn't have been able to see in the dark.  Get that in your WS too.

Well done on the contract.  It is not with the landowner.  Also to include in the WS.

Yes, chase up the DVLA.  However, I see in their SAR that VCS state that they contacted the DVLA.

There's no point chasing up Excel.  We know why they haven't replied to the SAR.  They don't want to send you the messed-up PCN, and if possible they don't want to lie and say they have no data on you.  So you either accept this or you sue them.  You've twice been invited to start a new thread if you want to sue them, and haven't done so, so I guess you don't want to sue them.

The lockdown rules changed so often I haven't a clue if it was legal for their bod to be snooping around.  I suppose you could look up what they were in that area at the time you got the ticket.

41 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Was it def a vcs bod that clocked you? Or someone paid a backhander to dob people in..i forgot..

Dx

The OP found a note on her vehicle from VCS.

The contract should not have had the signatories redacted. Now there is no way to confirm if the contract was even let alone validly executed. 

Under the Companies Act 2006 the requirements for a document to be validly executed are-

44 Execution of documents

(1)Under the law of England and Wales or Northern Ireland a document is executed by a company—

(a)by the affixing of its common seal, or

(b)by signature in accordance with the following provisions.

(2)A document is validly executed by a company if it is signed on behalf of the company—

(a)by two authorised signatories, or

(b)by a director of the company in the presence of a witness who attests the signature.

(3)The following are “authorised signatories” for the purposes of subsection (2)—

(a)every director of the company, and 

(b)in the case of a private company with a secretary or a public company, the secretary (or any joint secretary) of the company.

The "Contract" that VCS showed gives no indication of who signed it or what capacity -was it a Director as it should have been  and was it witnessed as it should have been. At the moment there is no way of knowing if it has been validly executed and VCS must be put to strict proof that it has. There is no reason for the signatures to have been redacted other than it has not been properly executed. so you must be aware of the provisions for document execution as VCS will say anything to get out of the situation

Edited by lookinforinfo

im hoping to sue once this is over ( win or lose) , just cant cope with two at once.

Im very confused about the order of putting things down in my ws, its all legal jargon and i apologise, i have FM and brain fog so its a struggle

ive made notes and got items printed out so am on it

You dont need to use legal jargon at all. You are a LiP

and they

This evening I'll try to sort out the order of the legal arguments in your WS.

OK, I've had a go at tidying up the order of the legal arguments.

It's your WS, not mine, so I haven't cut anything out except (a) a bit of repetition and (b) GPEOL, as that argument is outdated and isn't valid any more.

What you've prepared in very good, just some bits need to be fleshed out more, and the legal points and persuasive cases quoted from post 142 onwards need to be included.

WITNESS STATEMENT(1).pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Forgot to add attachment