VCS ANPR PCN - Wrong Reg - Refused our Appeal - NICOL ST CAR PARK KIRKCALDY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Problem location = the private Nicol Street Car Park "KY1 1NY" 20th Feb 2021.

Hi, 

On Feb 20th 2021 my father went to Kirkcaldy, Fife, and parked in the Nicol Street Car park, as he had done for years, pre-2020, but much less frequently  in recent times.

He thought everything was fine until PCN / NTK dated 01/03/2021 arrived in the post on either 4th or 5th March (Backtracking I had made a phone call on the afternoon of 5th to ask advice on what to do, but it may have come the day before??).

The PCN had a headline demand for £100, he could not understand why this would be. He went to the car and that ticket was still on the Dash. We then noticed that there was an extra letter so instead of  TT NN TTT which had the correct REG No., it had printed 

TT NN TTTT.

The advice we had receive on the phone was to use the appeal system, with a copy of the ticket. The PCN said nothing had been paid the exit time was 54mins and the parking ticket expired at 57mins. went on the website and raised an appeal on the evening of the 5th of March, noting that and extra letter had ended up on the input and ticket. Thought that would have sorted it, but then a "no decision, were investigating letter" dated 26th March arrived at the end March. 

Then a letter arrived, dated 06/04/2021, "unable to accept the appeal", which they referred to as being raised on 06/04/2021, rather than 05/03/2021. 

Essentially it stated the lots of signs blurb, and you took to long to buy the ticket.

The car park was not busy, dad recalls, he was not in a hurry, by the time he had his mask sorted, went to the machine, then realised it need the Reg No walked back to the car to get it (Dad still remembers the Reg of another vehicle, more than the one he drove that day), so the timings said he took 10 mins rather than 5mins limit so they want £100 anyway it would seem. 

Dad is obviously quite upset about a this threatening paperwork arriving in the post. 

We were going to raise a further appeal to the parking assoc. body, but other commitments have distracted us so far!

I'm absolutely new here, I've Scanned all the Paper and the Ticket, but would have to study to redact etc

I found a step by step guide the other night with what to post up, can't seem to find it again tonight. If anyone could give me a link to such?

Any info or advice would be most welcome on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

you are in scotland ...ignore them.

no such thing as trespass

no such thing as POFA2012.

silly idea to appeal. but never mind. it cant hurt you that you now dobbed yourself in as the driver.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Programmable Search Engine (google.com) <<clickme and read our past threads,

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - Wrong Reg - Refused our Appeal - NICOL ST CAR PARK KIRKCALDY

Yes after finding this forum, the advice from the major motoring organisations legal team was perhaps not as sharp as it could have been.

The appeal  Name(s) boxes were simply filled as "Keeper"

When they came back with the letters it had Name & address and said  "...you have confirmed you were the driver...."??

(I'll have to go just now, will get back on tomorrow, Thanks)

don't bother 

just ignore them totally 

dx

• Like 1

and they

POFA 2012  specifically not applicable in Scotland as such see this sticky

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No POFA in Scotland, there's nothing the PPC can do to the keeper to create keeper liability, so just ignore everything.

You will get lots of scary red inked letters threatening all sorts, but ultimately they can do nothing and it cannot affect your credit report.

• Like 1

Even if they managed to get a POFA for Scotland through, it couldn't affect you as would not be retrospective.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

From my experience with the same place in 2020, I received the initial Parking Charge Notice, then about a month later a reminder.  Then shortly after a letter from a solicitor in Scotland (with the £60 fee added on).  All ignored and I've had nothing since.

• Thanks 1