Tax Credits Overpayment In 2013 In Scotland

mystic_bertie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 93 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you said they dont help with how the debt came about but they agreed to take £15 a month for 12 months instead of the £102. So that's a massive help indeed. 

I was told to call the overpayments helpline and tell them i want to dispute this debt. So i will call them next and see what they say. 

Many thanks for your wonderful help ;)

Posted (edited)

Guys Im really furious. Im just off of the phone after talking to some useless advisor who could not do anything to help me.

I gave him as much detailed information as i could because i know exactly what went wrong. I argued the toss in every way i could but i just kept on getting the same answer. I have been told that every possible avenue has been exhausted and there is nothing he can do to help. He said It was 7 years ago and so time has run out to do anything more about his debt.

His advice was go onto the Gov website and search for 'mandatory reconsideration not upheld'.

He repeated himself so many times but also advised i go and speak to my local MP or CAB. I really dont know what to do next. 

The fact they held back crucial voice calls from the SAR kind of speaks volumes.

Edited by mystic_bertie