• Tweets

• depends what the fees are, typically nothing can be added once judgement is passed bar litigation costs. on document retention time limits etc at least 6yrs previous must be held though many hold complete info. as for acronyms and abbreviations ideally yes they should     
    • Still have to submit a statement either system....if they fail they can only give verbal because they failed to file and serve.
    • OP stated they had been arrested, but not charged (let alone convicted). They DON'T have a criminal record, but do have an entry on the PNC. That information stays on the PNC (Police National Computer) for life, but doesn't get released in a standard DBS. It only MIGHT get released for an Enhanced DBS (eDBS) check  ... but it would be incredibly unlikely. (The rational behind this is that eDBS's allow for 'information at Chief Officer of Police's discretion' ..... this covers the 2 'barring lists' and is also intended for the scenario where someone has multiple arrests or investigations, where safeguarding is a concern .... it was brought in after the Soham murders / Ian Huntley case, where the information known about the now-convicted child murderer may have prevented his employment in a school, had it been made available). So, for the sake of accuracy and completeness, arrests stay on the PNC for life, wont appear in a standard DBS, MIGHT appear in an eDBS, but in reality, would be the exception rather than the norm, and I can't see them being released  to a defense barrister. What then if the defence found out a different way, and brought it up in court?. Again, unlikely, but the important feature is that the judge would make sure they trod very carefully!. They MIGHT consider using it if there were other factors that allowed them to try to cast doubts as to the truthfulness of your evidence, but on its own : No way. Anyone MIGHT be arrested (if a seemingly plausible complaint been made against them)! The approach to take if it did come up is to be truthful. "Yes, I was arrested. It arose from a vexatious complaint. I wasn't charged, let alone convicted. That could happen to any one of us, if a vexatious complaint gets made" Far better that than lying, saying you'd never been arrested, and getting caught in a lie : that would ruin your credibility. I'm incredibly doubtful it will even come up, though.
    • we dont get N157 because its new OCMC but no court dont have evidence either.   Just seems a bit of a pointless wait but oh well
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help me please i'm in a pickle!!! *****WON*****

skintandbroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've had no response from Lloyds TSB from the Preliminary letter or the Letter Before Action so far and i started this process in October. (I've had the general response to the first letter though). Do i send the N1 letter now and add the 8% - or am i getting confused? I've read the FAQs etc and other sites but i'm just not grasping it, and the bits that say where the bank will know if i don't know what i'm doing really worries me.

My charges have gone up since October, so I take it i add them on to this next letter.

I really want to get my money back and i'm willing to go to court for it- but obviously need to get it all right first - so please help me if you can.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, if the deadline in your LBA as expired then you now need to file a claim against them.

This is where you add the 8% on.

Look here for what to do and in the library for the N1 and details of how to complete it.

Read all but in particular from Point 6 onwards - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

No problem. If you get stuck and cannot find the answer, just come back and ask - it is confusing at first, but it will become clearer the more you read.

You are on the right track and have done everything right so far too, now you just need to do that last little bit and your charges will be refunded to you.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hello

I've filled out the N1 form (once up to now - got another 3 accounts to do), BUT who do I send it to? Does it go to the bank or the Court? I have read the step by step guide - it doesn't say - i presume it should go to the bank but just need to be sure first.

Please help me, i'm struggling.

Thank you

Your N1 has to go to the court along with a schedule of your claim. Dont forget to make 3 copies.

Good luck

S.P

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

hi, im just at the same stage as you, i feel well out of my depth!!!!

I would never have been able to even think of doing this without cag.

All i hope is that i have filled the n1 in correctly and my schedule is ok, and the poc is filled in ok to,

im probably the worst person in the world with forms:confused:

any way i hope all goes well with you, im going to take mine to the court directly, just to make sure the forms are ok.....

all the best

lee

Thanks Lee.

Good luck too - its so daunting isn't it.

I think i will go to the court directly, which will also save a few days from postage.

This forum is brilliant, i spent 4 hours working on forms yesterday and then showed my dad loads of pages off this site, and for the first time ever he has realised that i haven't been p155ing my money up the wall, instead the bank had been taking it off me when there wasn't even any money to take. Thanks CAG, i've made it back into the 'good books' (almost! - i will definitley be in them when i pay off my 'parent-have-bailed-me-out-so-many-times' debts to dad!!).

i know what you mean- the banks have been taking my money for years too! I always go to court in person, then i can make sure with them that i have supplied everything correctly. Good luck with your claim!

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

hi, im just at the same stage as you, i feel well out of my depth!!!!

I would never have been able to even think of doing this without cag.

All i hope is that i have filled the n1 in correctly and my schedule is ok, and the poc is filled in ok to,

im probably the worst person in the world with forms:confused:

any way i hope all goes well with you, im going to take mine to the court directly, just to make sure the forms are ok.....

all the best

lee

Hi guys - I just stumbled in here. If you've already submitted a claim, then OK - just ignore this post. But if you haven't, then are you claiming contractual interest, or just the Statutory 8% ?

If you're not claiming contractual because you don't know what it is, then don't submit your claim yet, until you've read up on it and made an informed decision on whether to claim it. It can make a big difference.

Sorry if I've put a spanner in the works, but this is worth checking out.

It's an epic thread - scan through first, then backtrack if it grabs you:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7252-new-way-looking-interest.html

• Haha 1

Hi

Explain this to me further please.... so you walk into the court with the papers and ask for...........?? and show them the papers and then do what??

Is this right? I'm so scared (but excited too - is that wrong?)

I will go later to my local Magistrates' Court but need to know what to do first - never been in a court before.

I've filled out my Excel spreadsheet (English Basic) and added the 8% interest when they've charged me for unpaid d/d's and s/os etc.

I've filled out the N1 forms and said that i'm claiming back x amount with x amount interest added plus court costs of x amount (depending on scale of claim) which totals an overall amount. Which matches the amounts on the spreadsheets.

I've read the step by step guide from 6 onwards for this point.

Please tell me that's right - i'm worried now.

Hi

Explain this to me further please.... so you walk into the court with the papers and ask for...........?? and show them the papers and then do what??

Is this right? I'm so scared (but excited too - is that wrong?)

I will go later to my local Magistrates' Court but need to know what to do first - never been in a court before.

Dont be scared - Be excited but know that there is still plenty of waiting ahead!

I go to the court admin office and see a clerk behind a window. I say what i'm doing ie filing a N1 for small claims. I give over all my paperwork, they check through it- job done.

You have to go thru security first so make sure they isnt anything dodgy in your bag! The security guard who rumaged in my bag last week got a very sticky hand when he touched my daughters used lolly wrapped in a tissue! yuck

good luck

I've filled out my Excel spreadsheet (English Basic) and added the 8% interest when they've charged me for unpaid d/d's and s/os etc.

I've filled out the N1 forms and said that i'm claiming back x amount with x amount interest added plus court costs of x amount (depending on scale of claim) which totals an overall amount. Which matches the amounts on the spreadsheets.

I've read the step by step guide from 6 onwards for this point.

Please tell me that's right - i'm worried now.

sounds fine to me. did you check out the post above about contractual interest? The calculations are the same on the spreadsheet but you substitute 8% for the contractual rate which is usually higher.

Hi guys - I just stumbled in here. If you've already submitted a claim, then OK - just ignore this post. But if you haven't, then are you claiming contractual interest, or just the Statutory 8% ?

If you're not claiming contractual because you don't know what it is, then don't submit your claim yet, until you've read up on it and made an informed decision on whether to claim it. It can make a big difference.

Sorry if I've put a spanner in the works, but this is worth checking out.

It's an epic thread - scan through first, then backtrack if it grabs you:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7252-new-way-looking-interest.html

I have always claimed contractual interest, been settled by HSBC, court with abbey 18th Dec. An excellent post. Also signed petiton and will add it to my signature. Thanks

Oh no - well confused now.

Don't think i've done the contractual rate - oh and it took me hours to do - will start again!!!- and i'll go to county court then - i'll have to find it.

Feel like i'm losing a battle withmyself now.

Thanks for your help - i would've made a right mess of this otherwise.

Cheers x

sounds fine to me. did you check out the post above about contractual interest? The calculations are the same on the spreadsheet but you substitute 8% for the contractual rate which is usually higher.

Thanks for acknowledging it !!

It's actually better than that. A lot of people think you just substitute a higher interest rate (it can be around 30% sometimes !!) In fact, you use a different method to calculate it, too, called compounding. That makes it even more !! It's dead easy to calculate, once you've set up a column on your spreadsheet to do it. Just make a comparison between that and the 8% column to decide if you want to go ahead & claim it. I'll show you how, if it's difficult.

If you like, I'll give you an "instant quote" - post up the date and amount of your earliest penalty charge being claimed. I also need to know what the rate is that your bank charges you for unauthorised borrowing (exceeding your O/D limit. If you can't find that out, then tell me your bank and I'll try and fetch it online & get back here. I'll work out what the statutory 8% and also the contractual interest would be on that one charge, and you can decide if that difference is worth it on your whole claim.

Any good ?

Ok, i've had a quick read of the link, and if i can claim just the 8% then i'm happy to do that. The 8% on one of my claims come to 11.96, so for the time, effort and stress the bank is causing me I am happy to keep it at that. I have to go to my parent's house to print and have used my Sundays so far to do this - i work 6 days a week and would be happy to submit my claim soon to have it processed. I know its up to the individual and i would probably push another to go for the 16% if i knew about it, but is it reasonable for me to go ahead now? I've taken a day's leave to sort this out today - aarrgghhh!!!!!

Ok, i've had a quick read of the link, and if i can claim just the 8% then i'm happy to do that. The 8% on one of my claims come to 11.96, so for the time, effort and stress the bank is causing me I am happy to keep it at that. I have to go to my parent's house to print and have used my Sundays so far to do this - i work 6 days a week and would be happy to submit my claim soon to have it processed. I know its up to the individual and i would probably push another to go for the 16% if i knew about it, but is it reasonable for me to go ahead now? I've taken a day's leave to sort this out today - aarrgghhh!!!!!

ofcourse, thats fine! its totally up to you. good luck at the court!

Thanks, Sarah.

S&B - don't panic. Slow down to a gallop, as my dad used to say. It's pretty sure that you won't get your money before Christmas, so take a couple more days to check this out first, then make a cool, calm decision. You're doing OK here as far as I can see, with Sarah helping you out, but this might just help you to de even better. Miss it now, and you can't go back for it later !!

and.....................relax !!! :)