Is this Standard practice or am I being scammed

Hi,

I like to bring your attention to my experience with one of Citroen’s main dealership.

I own a 2014 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. I booked my car in for a squeaking noise coming from the rear passenger wheel. This started after the same dealership replaced all four brake and disc in February. I also decided to do a diagnostic check on the car because on occasions a fault light flashes on and then off when I disengage the parking brake.

I dropped the car off Wednesday 21st April. They did a vehicle health check and fixed the squeaking noise. I was told to leave the car over night as they had done a software update and needed to road test it 1st thing in the morning. Thursday morning I was called that the reason why the parking brake fault light comes on occasionally is because the ABS box and ECU needs replacing and it will cost £1761.26. I was also told that camshaft carrier seal needs replacing at a cost of £1200. I told them I need to take a couple of days to think about it as the money is a lot. I told them I need to come pick up my car and was told it was ok to pick up. 

As the car was brought to me, I noticed the parking brake refused to engage, the car refused to turn off, the steering wheel was very stiff and the dash board fault lights were all on. I quickly informed the lady who brought the car. She was advising me to still take the car as I had told her I needed it to go pick my kids from school. I had to inform the lady there is no way I can take the car off the forecourt as the car is not working and I will not be risking my life or my kids lives driving this car. So in essence they wanted me to take a car that is a death trap and put my kids inside it.

When I took the car in there, there  was only the squeaking noise and the occasional fault light that came on those were the only issues I had with the car.

Now I am being told everything is because of the faulty abs box which wasn’t an issue until they touched it. The car has been damaged by the dealership and now want me to pay over £2000 to have it fixed.

I am sorry but this is not on. This is not the only issue I have had with this dealership as I had an issue with them 2 years ago as well. 
I am disappointed, disgusted and feel I am being taken for a fool.

agreed

however you did ask them to do a diagnostics check, so do you have that.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

I asked and paid for a diagnostic check but I was not show or given a report. What I was told was during the diagnostic check they were asked to do a software update and it was after the software update they had to reboot the whole system and when it came back on the ABS fault light came on as well other fault lights. 

tell them you want a full copy of the diagnostics report..i paid for it i want it.

my neighbour put his jag in for rear brake pads to be done. three months later he got an abs fault popping in/out with a grating sound from the back end like someone had jammed a bottle in the wheel.

turns out they'd damaged an abs sensor on one wheel and it eventually became so loose it rubbed .

wanted to charge him for a new sensor at £103 (£24 on ebay) as well saying the abs box was faulty, £1350! he went elsewhere..

turns out the ABS box just needed resetting (press of button on diagnostics machine) because of the old faulty sensor, which was replaced. £45 the lot.

wonder if you are being had here.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...