CP+ Windscreen PCN - Northampton General Hospital - staff car park - NHS Worker expired paid for staff pass ***Cancelled by CP+***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

my wife today (23.04.21) received a PCN from CP Plus.

She is an NHS employee working at the hospital for the past 20 years.

There is no reminder and the parking badge that she pays for ran out at the end of March and there is no system that reminds her.

The PCN is for £ 80 or £ 40 if paid with 14 days.

Is there a defence that can be used or just bad luck?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you Honey Bee..

1 Date of the infringement  23.04.21

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Stuck under wiper = 23.04.21

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guideDone

3 Date received 23.04.21

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Nothing mentioned/attached

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No - just received on windscreen

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up n/a

7 Who is the parking company? CP Plus Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Northampton General Hospital - staff car park

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No just an email address [email protected] or post to CP Plus, PO Box 14836, London, NW3 1WT

Windscreen PCN (1).pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to CP+ Windscreen PCN - Northampton General Hospital - staff car park - NHS Worker expired paid for staff pass

right 1st it is NOT a fine so i've renamed your upload of the windscreen ticket.

you now WAIT, do NOT appeal in anyway to the fleecers. they should send a notice to keeper if your read our sticky you use above, 29-56days.

2nd who do you pay and how much for the staff passes? i would suspect the CP+ fleecers not her employers?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So, is it the case that she hasn't paid this month?

Or has she paid the £15 this month as usual, but simply not updated the badge?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi. She pays £ 10 a year for an annual permit and £ 15 per month, that automatically out of my wifes wages (though currently not charged during covid period). The automatic charge is still in place she just forgot to renew the £ 10/yr permit (unless you look at the badge there is no other reminder - so understandable).

that is outrageous. £190 to park by workers...ruddy fleecers!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So she paid what she should have paid, the NHS made no loss.

The fleecers haven't got a leg to stand on.

What a bunch of parasites though, any competent company properly running a staff car park would simply remind the member of staff to renew the free badge.

Relax and come back when the NTK turns up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

i can't see them pushing this to court.

too much quite right NHS staff sympathy for years to come 

and they

Thanks for the continued support and advice, much appreciated.

As it's merely an Administrative oversight, with no loss to the NHS, then I'd be tempted to post an Appeal by email so they understand why we shall not be paying - but there must be a reason why Honey Bee advised against this.

Eh?  honeybee advised against just paying up without posting more information here - not against appealing.  Have I got that wrong?

What I suggested (as a former nhs manager) is that your wife should in the first instance try to get the ticket cancelled by her trust - that's a lot less hassle than trying to appeal to the parking company.  Is she in a union?  If so - ask their advice about approaching trust management to get it cancelled.  (I bet this happens a lot and the union knows how to handle it).  If she can get the trust to cancel it, get it in writing so she can show the parking company.

But don't put all your eggs in one basket.  So make sure she doesn't miss the opportunity to appeal while waiting for the trust to act on it - they may not...  (See dx100uk's post #4)

23 hours ago, johnhill007 said:

Hi. She pays £ 10 a year for an annual permit and £ 15 per month, that automatically out of my wifes wages (though currently not charged during covid period)...

23 hours ago, johnhill007 said:

She actually just pays the permit one £ 10, but has to renew it every year at no cost...

So is she paying (a) £10pa plus £15 x 12, or (b) just £10pa or (c) nothing?

If the trust/parking management company don't issue reminders, might be an idea to use a diary - even a work one...

Edited by Manxman in exile

do NOT appeal to the fleecers, write to her NHS bosses or speak with them.

do NOT pay up.

• Like 1

and they

We sometimes have motorists here who have parked in a private pay car park where they need to type in their registration number.  They've paid for their parking but accidentally put an O instead of a 0, or an l instead of a 1, or left out a digit.  Legally this is "de minimis", or in plain English "the law does not deal with trivialities".  They've paid - that's enough.  The few times the PPCs have taken such cases to court, judges have given them a right kicking.

Yet in every case we see here, the PPCs send out their threatening letters demanding the money - despite knowing full well legally they're not entitled to a bean!

That's why we say not to appeal.  The PPCs never, ever accept appeals - ever.  They're crooks.  At the best appealing is a waste of time.  At worst your wife could throw away legal protections.  It'd be like writing a polite letter to someone who had burgled your home asking them to kindly consider returning the goods. 

Your wife's case is "de minimis".  She paid her £10 + £15.  She even clearly identified herself as an NHS employee with a right to use the car park.  The fact she showed a March badge in April is neither here nor there legally.  As dx says, CP won't take her to court, and if they did a judge would throw out their case.

• 2 weeks later...

If you could clarify who the appeal was to it would be helpful

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Well done on your victory!  👏

You must have a magic touch, it's extremely rare that the PPCs accept an appeal.