• Tweets

• Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
    • thank you you mean you got a notice of discontinuance? dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Southeastern - Fare Evasion since July 2020

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve been a bit stupid - same as most people, my wages have been cut and I have only been part paying my fare since July 2020.

Today, I get pulled over by BTP (I think, they had a shiny badge at least’, asked where I got on, I lied, got asked again and was then honest from then on.

I was left with a ‘caution’ and was told that she was referring the case to Southeastern and to await to hear from them.

First of all, I’d like to do everything in my power to settle out of court for obvious reasons. Tips on wording my letter of response would be great. Also, does anyone know if they do payment plans? I have 0 savings so won’t be able to pay a large amount as a one off payment.

Secondly, out of curiosity, how do they know how to target? She virtually knew everything about me before I answered questions!

(Yes yes I know, it was stupid behaviour!)

how did you evade since july...not yours/fake pass?

eitherway you await the letter, they have 6mts.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply.

I have to jump on two different trains and only bought tickets for the second leg.

Whoever it was who pulled me aside said that I’m a ‘small fish’ compared to other people they catch but it still didn’t fill me with the greatest confidence!

Hi.

Well obviously you need to start paying for the whole of your journey from now on.

I think all you can do is wait for the letter from Southeastern. Once it arrives, let us know what they're saying and we'll advise you what to do next.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Great thanks!

I have literally paid full fare from tonight onwards - put the fear of god in me walking back into the station!

I kept looking over my shoulder expecting the BTP to jump out at me!

I know what I’ll be seeing in my nightmares tonight...😂

well as there will be no records? via looking at previous pass use for instance had you used one.. ?

this will simply be a case of possibly just having to pay the missing fare.

you don't often see them going any further for what is a single ticket misuse or failure to purchase issue

you might not here anything at all.

the fact you've done this since july matters not.?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wait and see what the letter shows.

by “She virtually knew everything about me before I answered questions!” was this in the style of:

a) “What is your name”, “Jegan”, “Yes, I knew that”, or

b) “Jegan, how do I spell your name correctly”?

b) would suggest more of a targeted RPI operation, but the letter (especially if it mentions multiple offences or “taken into consideration” offences) will make things clearer.

As there will be a “key card” log of your ticket purchases : I’m not so sure that it’ll be a case of “the use since July 2020 won’t matter”.

All they’d need to do is ask you (under caution) “have you been living near [your true starting station] since July 2020”

Is your true starting station manned / Does your true staring station have barriers?

Edited by BazzaS

Sorry, I meant that she seemed to knew exactly where I had got on and how long I had been doing it for - I wasn’t even sure myself when I had started not paying full fares!

i severely doubt they had any idea how long, they just don't do that kind of backtracking on individual passengers...more probably carefully worded questions and you fell for them..but it doesn't really matter if you admitted to 'whatever', they won't have evidence of those i bet my hat.

more probably , as bazza says, its been discovered and a known issue with lots of people doing it since xx date and it was an operation to stop the 'regular' offenders.

and they

I think I might have dodged it a bit - ‘she said have you been doing it since July and I answered with ‘I can’t remember, I think since last year.’

Tried to keep that answer relatively vague.

i would thus suspect that from july there has been some kind of network infrastructure 'loophole', be it by no barriers or WHY in xxx place to prevent it.

and they

5 minutes ago, jegan11 said:

Looks a bit like they’ve deliberately led people into the same kind of situation as I’m in. 

What? They deliberately enticed you to evade your fare?

Good luck with aiming for an out of court settlement if you use that approach / show that attitude.

I can bet the RPI’s notes reflect you initially lied about your starting station and that when challenged you admitted the deceit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37494501

He tried to run off when challenged ...

Edited by BazzaS

I know I was in the wrong - I’m not denying that nor would I not apologise for it.

It just made a lot of sense.
I am more than painfully aware that I am in the wrong and it has been a stressful day worrying about it.

it is most definitely not something I’d do again, please don’t think that that is the attitude I currently take or will take when replying to the letter.

I was just acknowledging that I can see how my situation happens. I never excused it. And I also understand that they have to recoup lost fares. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

See what the others think but as I read the letter, they aren't giving you much of a clue about what they're alleging.

There's a great poster here who we haven't seen recently, Old-CodJA, who always says that you don't need to tell the train company anything they don't already know but I'm not sure how it would work in your case at the moment.

Please post up your first draft and we'll help you to work on it. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks honeybee13!

This is my first draft, I think it definitely needs work:

‘Dear Prosecutions Manager,

I would first of all like to start my response by saying how deeply sorry I am.

I realise my actions were wrong and it is in no way representative of how much respect I have for Southeastern and their staff. They have been really profession throughout the whole pandemic and have always treated passenger safety as of the utmost importance.

I am ashamed of the poor decisions I have made. I’d like to try and explain my circumstances at the time I first evaded my fare but I understand that I am not alone in my situation and it doesn’t change the fact that I have been wrong in the choices I made.

I was placed on furlough and have been on furlough since April 2020. I have only been taken off furlough by my employer in the last month. I was recalled into work at the end of May 2020 and I struggled to pay the full train fare due to my reduced wages and as a result made a great error in judgement and started part paying my fares after being back at work for a little while.

I was so ashamed of myself when I was stopped by the Railway Enforcement Officer and since then, I have ensured I have paid full fare for every journey I have made.

Although my financial situation has recently improved, both my parents have had worsening health in the last month or so and due to this stressful situation, I would really like to settle this out of court if possible with a contribution towards the administration costs as well.

I’d like to end this letter by saying that that I understand the gravity of my actions and will never travel without a valid ticket in future. I thank you for taking the time to read my response.’

god NO!!

you are telling them it's more than one event,,, don't

esp the bit about being furlonged so long ago.

just refer to a recent return to work on low pay etc.

don't give any timings away

it says an incident' so you admit to that incident that due to cut in wages due to covid etc, and how very sorry you are etc.

how a criminal prosecution would kill future employment

and they

I’ve tweaked it but I think the first paragraph might be too grovelly:

Dear Prosecutions Manager,

I would first of all like to start my response by saying how deeply sorry I am.

I realise my actions were wrong and it is in no way representative of how much respect I have for Southeastern and their staff. They have been really professional throughout the whole pandemic and have always treated passenger safety of the utmost importance.

I am ashamed of the poor decision I have made. I’d like to try and explain my circumstances at the time I evaded my fare but I understand that I am not alone in my situation and it doesn’t change the fact that I have been wrong in the choice I have made.

I have recently returned to work but I have been on reduced pay for a while which led to me committing the incident mentioned. 

I was so ashamed of myself when I was stopped by the Railway Enforcement Officer and since then, I have ensured I have paid full fare for every journey I have made.

In regards to a possible prosecution, due to a stressful situation at home regarding my parents health, I would really like to settle this out of court if possible with a contribution towards the administration costs as well.

I’d like to end this letter by saying that that I understand the gravity of my actions and will never travel without a valid ticket in future. I thank you for taking the time to read my response.’

lose the red bit don't be pedantic..

don't use the health as a reason, just slip it in somewhere as a secondary thought, and that worry concerning them getting covid by you returning back to work, had delayed your return. a few white lies don't hurt.

pers i'd fluff it out a bit. 

something like 

Notice of intention to prosecute - Thameslink - changed CArNet Ticket date - Please help - **SETTLED** - Public transport (Trains, tubes and buses) - Consumer Action Group

and they

Great thanks! I have refined it - 

‘Dear Prosecutions Manager,

I would first of all like to start my response by saying how deeply sorry I am. I realise my actions were wrong and it is in no way representative of how much respect I have for Southeastern and their staff. I am remorseful about the poor decision I have made. I’d like to try and explain my circumstances at the time I evaded my fare.

I have recently returned to work but I have been on reduced pay for a while due to COVID-19 which led to me committing the incident mentioned. Additionally, I have been under stress as both my parents have been diagnosed with long term illnesses during the pandemic and I have been concerned about travelling and exposing them to COVID-19. Although I don’t live with them, they have been reliant on me during the pandemic to collect shopping, medication and support them throughout hospital and doctor’s appointments. The extra pressure has taken a toll on my mental health and I have consequently made a careless choice.

I was so ashamed of myself when I was stopped by the Revenue Protection Officer and since then, I have ensured I have paid full fare for every journey I have made. The consequences of my actions have weighed heavily on my mind since.

I am concerned that a possible prosecution would ruin any future employment opportunities and I would really like to settle this out of court with a contribution towards the administration costs as compensation for my actions.

I am regretful of the extra pressure and inconvenience caused to all involved and would like to make amends.

I’d like to end this letter by saying that I understand the gravity of my actions and will never travel without a valid ticket in future. I thank you for taking the time to read my response and I appreciate any leniency you can show in this matter.’

23rd is a friday... do you get paid monthly and after the 23rd...trying to make this only supposed use look more real

and they