Parcel2Go Court Bundle Assistance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

On 10/04/2021, I sent out a parcel containing a PS5 with Hermes through Parcel2Go. Ever since, the only update I have ever received is that the parcel has been collected from the drop-off point and it's on its way. 

I messaged Hermes who then instructed me to make a claim through Parcel2Go. Shortly after, I received an update on my enquiry from Parcel2Go. 

Dear NAME, 

We’re writing to you in response to your recent enquiry regarding the following order: ___________. 

We have conducted a full investigation with the courier to locate your parcel, unfortunately, in this instance, the search has proved unsuccessful.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and as a result, we have now progressed your enquiry to a claim.

Regarding compensation

Our records show that you only took out protection on your parcel for part of the full value. That means that in the event that your claim is successful, you’ll get compensated for only the amount you were covered for.

What happens next?

To help us progress your claim as quickly as possible, you’ll need to upload supporting documents.

View your case to submit the required information.

Deadline to submit documents: 14/05/2021

By cover, they are referring to the £20 "parcel protection" that's included. The parcel is valued at £600, the price the buyer paid via Shpock. 

My question is... where I do go from here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

image.png

100's of threads here of exactly the same story, only offering £20 for lost items worth £100's because of their insurance 'dodge', which ofcourse means nothing nor is ever needed in the 1st place.

once you've read a few in this same forum might be time to issue a letter before claim

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah, I am prepared to go all the way with this. The only reason they do so is because the average consumer will just accept it and move on. 

I have prepared a draft for the letter before claim. However, should I complete the rest of the claim procedure with Parcel2Go first and reject the outcome by then sending a letter before claim

Many thanks! 

Yes, you should certainly go through their standard claim procedure first.

Please post up your draft letter of claim here so we can have a look.

Also, you will undoubtedly have to issue a claim so draft a particulars of claim and we can have a look at that too

By the way, I'm assuming that the contents of the parcel and the value at £600 were properly declared when you arrange the delivery

Hi BankFodder,

Appreciate the prompt response. My bad for excluding those details. Yes you are correct, the value and content were properly declared. 

I have provided a bullet point chronology to explain my situation in a clear and concise manner. 

• 09/04/21: Listed a PS5 on Shpock. 
  • 09/04/21: Sold PS5 on Shpock for a total of £600 + £10 delivery fee. 
  • 10/04/21: Booked delivery of PS5 via Parcel2Go using Hermes ParcelShop services.
  • 10/04/21: Tracking on Hermes states "We've got it". Collected from drop off point and it's on its way (to the depot I am assuming). No update since. 
  • 15/04/21: Raised an enquiry with Hermes as buyer reported that item was not delivered. 
  • 17/04/21: Received a response from Hermes that enquiry is being looked into by Karen at my local depot. 
  • 20/04/21: Receive an update on enquiry that suggests that since the parcel was booked via Parcel2Go, I would have to go through them as they use Hermes network as an independent shipper. 
  • 20/04/21: Opened a claim with Parcel2Go. 
  • 23/04/21: Received an update on my claim. Parcel2Go stated: 
    • "We have conducted a full investigation with the courier to locate your parcel, unfortunately, in this instance, the search has proved unsuccessful."
  • 23/04/21: Provided documents to complete claim. Awaiting outcome. 

I have posted the draft of my letter of claim and particulars of claim below. 

Cheers! 

Letter of claim

Parcel2Go

The Cube

Coe Street

Bolton

BL3 6BU

23rd April 2021

Letter Before Court Claim

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Enquiry number: xxx - Item Lost

Parcel2Go was entrusted with a shipment on 10/04/21, subsequently declared lost. The item relates to a purchase of a PlayStation 5 which was valued at £450.00 MSRP but sold for £600.00 on Shpock, an online marketplace.

The item was dispatched using the Hermes ParcelShop service. The parcel was securely packaged and the label was clearly visible, as proven by images taken of the parcel. I require full reimbursement of the amount I had sold the item, which was £600 plus the postage fee of £7.67.

If I do not receive notification you have agreed to fully compensate me within 14 calendar days of the date of this letter, proceedings will be issued against you in the county court without further

notice.

I enclose a copy of pictures of the parcel, proof of collection, and proof of item being sold via Shpock.

Yours faithfully,

Xxx

Particulars of claim

The claimant who is a litigant in person use the services of the defendant courier company to send a PlayStation 5 console value of £600.00.

Tracking reference xxx claim reference xxx.

The defendant courier service lost the parcel and has refused to reimburse the claimant or to process his claim. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £600.00 plus the courier fee of £7.67 plus interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984.

Just received an update on my claim. It's been approved. I am assuming to reject the offer and proceed with sending over my letter before claim

Many thanks. 

image.png.6359a82c0094db7a68b905af2753640d.png

Yes, sorry I had a complicated weekend and yours is not the only thread which passed me by.

You say that your claim has been approved – I wouldn't call this at all and approval.

Yes I would suggest that you write a letter of claim and including that letter of claim the rejection of their offer.

Draft the letter and post it up here for us to have a look

@BankFodder

Hey BankFodder! No worries at all. I can understand that you have your hands full. 

Well it's not the approval I am seeking as they're only trying to compensate me £20. I posted my letter of claim in my earlier post. I am writing a rejection email now and will attach the letter of claim below as a PDF

Parcel2Go

The Cube

Coe Street

Bolton

BL3 6BU

23rd April 2021

Letter Before Court Claim

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Enquiry number: xxx - Item Lost

Parcel2Go was entrusted with a shipment on 10/04/21, subsequently declared lost. The item relates to a purchase of a PlayStation 5 which was valued at £450.00 MSRP but sold for £600.00 on Shpock, an online marketplace.

The item was dispatched using the Hermes ParcelShop service. The parcel was securely packaged and the label was clearly visible, as proven by images taken of the parcel. I require full reimbursement of the amount I had sold the item, which was £600 plus the postage fee of £7.67.

If I do not receive notification you have agreed to fully compensate me within 14 calendar days of the date of this letter, proceedings will be issued against you in the county court without further

notice.

I enclose a copy of pictures of the parcel, proof of collection, and proof of item being sold via Shpock.

Yours faithfully,

Xxx

Don't start talking about the difference between a certain valuation and what it was sold for.

The only figure is what did it sell for? That is the amount by which you are out of pocket and that is the amount you should be claiming.

Also, refer to the communication you have just received limiting their payout to assert money. Tell them that you have received their offer and you are rejecting it.

Post up the next version so we can have a look

@BankFodder

Done. Any better? 

Btw, does it really matter if I go after Parcel2Go or Hermes in this instance? 

Parcel2Go

The Cube

Coe Street

Bolton

BL3 6BU

23rd April 2021

Rejection/Letter Before Court Claim

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Enquiry number: XXX - Item Lost

I posted a parcel (PlayStation 5 Console Disc Version) on 10/04/2021 using your services, opting for Hermes ParcelShop. My item has not been delivered and subsequently has been found as being lost in the Hermes network.

A claim form for compensation was filed on 20/04/2021. On 23/04/2021, I received a response from Parcel2Go offering to pay me £20.00. I do not find this outcome to be satisfactory.

I am requesting a full refund of the item price full declared value of £600.00 + £7.67 cost of carriage fee.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

I've made an amendment. Please have a look.

Also, as a matter of form – it is always dear Sir/Mdm – yours faithfully. Dear Mr/Ms X – yours sincerely.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed part your question – it doesn't really matter which you go for that as your principal contract was with P2G, then probably go for them.

@BankFodder

Sent off my letter before claim to their claims department. Now it's time to start my claim via https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Just wanted to get your input on my particulars of claim below and whether or not it requires any amendment. Thanks again! 

The claimant who is a litigant in person used the services of the defendant courier company to send a PlayStation 5 console value of £600.00 to a UK address.

The defendant courier service lost the parcel and has refused to reimburse the claimant or to process his claim. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £600.00 plus the courier fee of £7.67 plus interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984.

I've done some edits – chopped out some unnecessary bits – but it's fine.

@BankFodder

Happy Friday mate! I received a response from Parcel2Go regarding my letter before action. See below

Good Morning xxx,
Thank you for your email.
Firstly please allow me to offer you our most sincere apologies for the service you have received on this occasion.
When booking your order, you entered a value for your goods of £600.00. Unfortunately, you did not take out any further parcel protection for the contents. As a result of this, you were only protected to the value of £20.00.
You were urged on two occasions to protect your goods to their full value. We offer our customers the opportunity to fully protect their goods so that an event such as this we can compensate for the item.
When progressing with the order having not protected your goods, the following message appears:
“Your parcel value is higher than the £20.00 Parcel Protection. Don't get caught without enough protection should the unexpected happen.

Yes, I would like to protect my £600.00 parcel against loss or damage for £29.00 exc VAT.

No, I'm willing to risk my £600.00 parcel. I'm not worried about potential loss or damage.'
If you select no, a red box pops up and explains ‘We strongly recommend that you protect the full value of your item(s)., which again in this instance was bypassed.
I must also advise that prior to accepting the Terms at the end of the booking process another pop-up message was received which explained that the contents were only protected for £20.00 against loss or damage, an option to add on the protection was provided again but this was declined by yourself again.
As you did not do this, we have offered you the £20 standard protection plus the return of your carriage fees. I do hope this explains information to you further.
I fully understand this is not the amount you wished for an as per your previous email you wish to take this matter, and of course that is your prerogative to do so, however, I must strongly advise you that should an item become lost or damage and we accept liability, which we have in this instance, as per our Terms we will only be liable for the cost of service unless protection has been purchased, in this instance it has for the standard £20.00, this does mean we are only liable for this amount.
if this does go through the courts I must also advise we will defend based on the information provided above.
Again we do apologise for all the inconvenience caused on this matter.
Thank you, for your time on this case.
Kindest Regards
Chelsea Walton
Asset Protection Officer.

Should I start my claim via https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Thank you. 

Once the 14 days expired then issue the claim.

While you are waiting for this deadline to expire, you should have started drafting your claim and have it already to click off.

We would want to see any proposed particulars of claim here first

Thanks for the prompt response @BankFodder. Really appreciate it. 

I assume the particulars of claim you amended for me is good enough. See below. 

The claimant used the services of the defendant courier company to send a PlayStation 5 console value of £600.00 to a UK address. 

The defendant lost the parcel and has refused to reimburse the claimant. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £600.00 plus the courier fee of £7.67 plus interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up. Set your diary date for about 15 days and start checking the County Court site from about day 14 and the first moment that you can apply for a judgement, just go ahead. Don't hang around don't muck around just apply

Hey @BankFodder. I hope all's well. Wanted to update you on my claim.

I received an acknowledgement of service for my claim from Parcel2Go. I have attached the PDF file. 

Parcel2Go - Acknowledgment of Service.pdf

I am assuming the next step is to just wait and see what their stance is on the matter? 

Many thanks. 

Edited by reflex-q

No..... you wait to see if they submit a defence by the date required......33 days from date of service...and if not you request judgment.

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes. Monitor the county court website around the time of the deadline expiry in case they miss it.

In that case applying for a judgement immediately. Don't wait

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...