Hills Prestige of Lymington - defective vehicle,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure how many more times.. It can't be a trade sale a trade sale cannot be made to a member of joe public....

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's not particularly important that they are claiming that it was a trade sale – if you can confirm that the car was bought for your own private use.
Were you ever involved in the car trade before you retired?

Simply claiming that there was a contract that the sale was a "trade sale" doesn't make it so. If in fact it was an ordinary consumer contract then it's not possible to contract out of it.

Presumably the car was sold at a normal retail price for that make and model and condition. What would be the trade price anyway?

How was this so-called sales invoice supplied to you by the RAC? Do you have the original file for it?

Did you not receive any paperwork at all – a receipt or anything when you parted with this very large sum of money?

I think it would be good idea if you sent an SAR to the dealer.

Also, you post up quite a number of documents and I think it has been suggested since then that it would be helpful to have them all assembled together in a single PDF and in fact my site team colleague explained how this would be achieved.

We really do need you to help us which means that we need PDFs scanned into multipage single file format. In chronological order.
Please do understand that we don't have offices or any administrative support mechanism. The site team is purely a group of interested volunteers who put their time in to help consumers get themselves out of the mess that they find themselves in and because of the way that they have dealt with their own affairs or because of the bullying and disorganised treatment that they receive from the companies that they deal with.

You obviously don't have to sue this dealer. It doesn't really matter whether you are suing on the basis of a trade sale or a consumer sale – although a consumer sale would make it a bit easier for various reasons.

As already explained, the only problem really is that you are suing for a sum in excess of the small claims limit of £10,000.

As far as I can make out their only defence would try to be that it was a trade sale and that the car was sold as seen – which is generally a load of nonsense anyway – but that may be you had the expertise to understand exactly what you are buying and a reasonable car dealer purchasing the same vehicle would have recognised any defects that came with the car.
Frankly I don't think this defence would wash. The car is very clearly advertised as being good condition.

Have you not got a copy of the original auto trader advertisement?

Also, I still don't understand why the RAC have treated is it a trade sale. Is it simply on the basis of the document that they have been supplied? Did they not ask you to make your own representations about this? Did you pay the RAC for this inspection?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sadly I have no paperwork related to the sale, I dont know why I didnt ask for a receipt but I didnt. I am a retired teacher! so definitely not a trader.

I have a transcript of the advert from Auto Trader.

I negotiated a reduced price with the seller.Auto Trader.pdf

I had a private body works company inspect the car for previous accident damage.

My intention is to use Money Claims Online, which I believe is a new service.

Does it matter I dont live in Ireland?

Did you have this bodywork inspection carried out before the sale or after the sale?

Whereabouts in Ireland you live? Where was the contract made – where are the dealers based?

Moneyclaim online is not new at all. It's been around for a very long time. Very well established. That's definitely the way to bring your claim.

However, I suggest that you don't do it with out our help and running any claim documents et cetera passed us first.

What did you teach?

So why are we talking about Ireland

Did I? Can you produce the quote of where I said that please. This may have been my dictation software malfunctioning again

Found it. Sorry – it was a typo. It's a mixture of glitchy dictation software on one part, poor articulation on another – and a failure to go back and check carefully what I have just posted.

Nothing to do with Ireland at all

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

Moneyclaim online is not new at all. It's been around for a very long time. Very well established. That's definitely the way to bring your claim.

However, I suggest that you don't do it with out our help and running any claim documents et cetera passed us first.

What did you teach?

The other possibility is that i go for compensation due to the loss in value of the vehicle and do that through small claims, but not sure.

I taught Science

I had that in mind.

Why don't you get two independent valuations and then we can look at it.