Egg - A new defence?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I started a claim against Egg recently and I have just received a copy of their defence. The whole defence reads:

1. The Claimant is put to proof that unlawful charges have been placed on his account which have resulted in a loss of £1,022.48 as alleged.

Thats all they have said.

My claim was was for an amount of £1,022.48 but it was for £330.48 in PPI which was never requested and £692 in charges.

Is this a usual defence or is this something new.

HBOS Plc - £9,954.65 Received partial settlement - Court 6/12/06 default removal / compensation / declaration

MBNA - Settled in full £2,377.33

Abbey National - MoneyClaim filed 26/06/2006 £883.90

Lloyds TSB - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £2,630.00

Egg.com - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £1,393.60

GE Money - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £965.22

I think they are getting bored possibly. As they are under no obligation to file a full defence at this stage, why not just put in 1 line which sums up their position.

Saves them time, money and having to look at your record to figure out the intrincasies (spl?) of your case.

Sit back wait for allocation q just like everyone else.

I havent even started with Egg and probably wont until summer, as I want some solid results so I dont have to go to all of hassle. I have won 8 on the bounce so far over £10k and its never taken more than 1 day of my time for each.

I dont wish to get bogged down for the smallest sum which is these stubborn b***ards!!

Sod that, I'm taking them to court over £20. It's going to cost them that in travel alone if they want to take my case to court.

The idiots have already offered to pay my £30 court fee in a sub-par settlement for no logical reason having previously refused to refund the £20, so I'm more than happy to cost them as much as I can.