Pls help! Lost/Stolen luggage booked by Parcelhero, shiped by Dpd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone! 
Thanks for providing any supports in advance! 
I booked the delivery service by Parcelhero on 23/03/2021, Dpd picked up my luggage on 24/03/2021. Then it has no tracking history and no tracking updates at all.
On 28/03/2021, Thursday,  I first contacted the Parcelhero tell them the parcel has no tracking, then I got an automatically reply on 29/03/2121. 

On 31/03/2021, which is the scheduled delivery date, I contacted the Parcelhero again.

On 01/04/2021, Thursday,  4:25pm, the customer service replied asked me to provide the description of the missing luggage and told me the investigation will take up to 15 working days.

On 03/04/2021, Saturday, 7:17am, I contacted the Parcelhero again to ask the updates. On same day 10:49am, they answered the luggage is missing and they can't find it. It means the investigation only took one day, is that real? 

However, they told me the luggage is in the prohibited list, and they're unable to make a claim for me, they give me £15 credits for next shipping with Parcelhero, it is ridiculous, because I have all my things in that luggage,  it has all my important documents include my degree certificate, my Police Registration Certificate, my personal ID, my notebooks of my projects, and all my clothes and personal item. 

I ship the luggage from UK to Spain, so I have to declare it, I declared £300, but my stuff is way more expensive than that, even my luggage worth £150, and I only used it twice! I have asked the live customer service agent before I book the service, I asked if I can send luggage with Dpd, the live agent said yes!!! but I didn't take a screenshot of the conversation 💔!!!

However, on 13/04/2021, the receiver contacted the Dpd directly, Dpd confirmed the receiver that they haven't finished the investigation. On 13/04/2021, I emailed Parcelhero tell them the Dpd is still doing an investigation, but the interesting thing is that the Pacelhero insist confirmed me again and again the luggage is missing and ask me to see the email they sent me on 03/04/2021 10:49am. 

Well, on 20/04/2021, I called Dpd again, they told me they finished the investigation, and they can't locate my luggage. 

I‘ve attached all the conversation screenshots for your review, the sender is Xiao, and the Receiver is Antonio, pls see the screenshot from bottom to top, thanks!

Because there's no tracking history and no tracking updates since the driver picked the luggage up, I doubt the luggage got stolen, but I don't know. Parcelhero says the luggage is prohibited item, but what will they do with my luggage, why they didn't return it to me? Even the luggage is prohibited item, but the stuff inside are not, how can they refused to refund me and compensate me?  

Please, I'm very desperate, they lost my luggage, I lost everything! I really need my luggage, or I really need the compensation.
I appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks! 

had to remove all you picture uploads as they are too small to read

pop them all into ONE multipage PDF file and upload that please.

read our upload guide carefully please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please will you go through many of the threads on this sub- forum. Most of them are about Hermes – but the principles are the same.

The first thing to say is that you declared the value as only £300 even though the lost luggage is apparently worth far more than that.

I'm afraid that because you declared £300 value, you won't be able to claim back any more than that. The basis of the contract is that you both agree on various aspects of the contract including that you will put £300 worth of goods into their care for delivery – and they promised that they will deliver it.

The risk they take as far as they know – is £300. If you had declared a higher value then you would be able to claim that.

On the matter of prohibited items, it would be interesting to know what aspect of your luggage they consider to be prohibited. But regardless of that, the prohibited items list is irrelevant when it comes to items which are lost. They would need to show that the fact that it was on the prohibited items list meant that there was a greater risk of the item being lost. I don't think anybody could imagine a situation where this might be the case.
Of course if the item was damaged and it was on the prohibited items list then it might be a valid exclusion. For instance, if your item was made of glass and it was broken then because glass is on the prohibited items list, you will probably not be able to claim.
On the other hand, if they lose an item which is made of glass – clearly the fact that it is made of a substance which is on the prohibited items list, has not contributed to the fact that it has been lost.

So your situation here is that you can ignore their attempt to rely on the prohibited items list. This would be an unfair and therefore unenforceable term under the consumer rights act. However, I'm afraid that the maximum you will be up to claim will be £300 plus any delivery or insurance costs.

Had you declared the full value of your items then I'm confident that we could recover that for you.

If you'd like to proceed then please let us know. You will definitely have to begin a court claim against them. Unfortunately they tend to throw obstacles in your way to test you – and to see how serious you are. With our help, you could start a small claim in the County Court and your chances of success are extremely high.

Please do your reading of this sub- forum first

Hi, team,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

I don't know how to reply to your message, should I quote then reply? or just reply to this topic? 

I have attached the screenshot of the emails conversation, it got deleted because they're so small so I attached it again, hope you can take a look at it. 

They say the luggage is in the prohibited list, I've attached the screenshot of the list for your review.  I didn't buy insurance either. They say if the lost item is in the prohibited list, they don't give me compensation, but I can't accept it. However, I've seen the Parcelhero Compensation Exclusion Items (screenshot attached), the luggage is not in that list. So we can consider the luggage maybe in the prohibited list, but it is definitely not in the compensation exclusion items list. 

It would be great if they can compensate me £300, at least I recover some loss. Can you please tell me what to do next? Thanks very much!

Edited by Lisa927012

I've remove the images you posted. My site team asked you in an earlier thread to present a documents in PDF format. I'm afraid that's the way we need it.

Single file multipage PDF.

We can help you recover £300. Your starting point is to read around the stories on this sub- forum – which will mainly be about Hermes. I asked you to do that yesterday – and you need to do it. This is very serious.

It will properly take you at least 2 to 3 days to read around and thoroughly understand the principles. Then come back here and we will advise you as to your next steps. How advice will make much more sense to you and you will feel much more confident once you have tried to understand the principles involved for yourself.

Generally speaking we would ask you to implement the advice we give which includes files in PDF format and reading around. We take this all very seriously

Thank you.

Now if you could set about doing the reading in order to understand the principles involved in your claim – and also read on this forum about the steps involved taking a small claim in the County Court.

Once you have got this stuff fully digested then you will probably know in advance the advice that we are going to give you.

Let us know when you think you've got a handle on it.

15Mb's of various PDF's merged and shrunk following the info in our upload guide are now in your last post <1Mb now

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...