Yewtree cars/James Harrison -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 
Can’t believe it I bought a car off James ?

Only bought it on March 23rd, I did test drive it with him in the car with me, I had to meet him at an address in Solihull 165 kelynmead rd, it seemed ok,

after buying the car he didn’t go to the house we were outside of he walked off in another direction, 

4 weeks later which is today engine management light on apparently needs a new fuel pump quite expensive looking at about £600 plus and a new battery £200 plus have to have it programmed

not happy, he told me all the paperwork was in the glove compartment no receipt,

I can’t find his phone number and he has taken off all the messages I sent him,

I can’t believe so many people are being ripped off by him . 

• Sad 1

So presumably he pretended that the address that you met at was his residence but afterwards he walked away and in fact it may have been a false address.

Yes it must be a false address but as he walked away he waved at the person in the house Nextdoor to this address so they obviously no him

It maybe other family members that live there not sure but they definitely knew him by waving at him 

On 01/03/2021 at 14:00, Saints60 said:

Well, we have also been done by Yewtree Cars/James Harrison!

We bought a Land Rover Discovery from him off a dealer site on 28th December 2020. He advertised it as 1 loving owner (true, I tracked him down on Facebook, really nice guy!)

throughout the advert

WOW full dealership service history,

WOW new cambelt,

WOW new MOT,

WOW full valet including decontamination clean

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

We paid £4500 for the car plus £280 for delivery from Solihull to Winchester.

He sent 3 texts reminding us to ‘look after the delivery guy cuz he’s a top man’!

Soon worked out that HE was the delivery guy!

They dropped the car off and scarpered. It was dark when it arrived, initial thoughts were it was disgusting inside. I have never seen such a filthy interior. He even left his sweet wrapper inside.

He drove the vehicle down to us (we thought that we were paying for a transporter). It was running on fumes, so we took it out to get fuel. Straight away noticed automatic gearbox slipping.

Not a good start.

Next day messaged dealer asking for the receipt, twice, he said that he was in Dubai (in his dreams!) for 2 weeks but would send it when he got back. Before he delivered the car, he said that if we weren’t happy he would personally come and collect it.

Sent him a message (I like to keep proof of conversations) to say that we certainly weren’t happy and wanted to return it. His reply was - SOLD AS SEEN, YOU GOT A CHEAP CAR!

Thinking we would have to cut our loses, we had a new gearbox put in, only to find that the crankshaft had also gone and then the bottom part of the engine had to be replaced. Also the suspension at the front was leaking oil (mentioned as an advisory on the previous mot, which he said had been done). He forged an entry in the service book saying that it had just had a cambelt change (false Land Rover stamp), confirmed by previous owner and Land Rover.

So, after 8 weeks of being at the garage and £7000 - YES £7000! later we certainly did get a cheap car from him.

Are we going to let this go? NO!

I have found out his real name and I am going to pursue him through the court until I get this money back.

He is the worst kind of confidence trickster, a liar and a thief.

We will have no hesitation in scouring Solihull for him, whatever it takes.

I also have just been ripped off by him, I actually drove the car with him in it with me and the car seemed ok, I have had it only 4 weeks and need to pay out for the problems with it