Aviva ignored signs of financial abuse by sibling and supported by FOS

Titchytitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you need to do it more quickly than that. I'm not sure that it might not disappear

I'm not asking you to post them here. I'm simply recommending that you take screenshots so that you have got full copies of the relevant webpages and you store them away

Following your letters of 7 and 9 May 2021, I’m now in a position to respond in full.

I’m sorry to learn of your concerns about being asked for verification in order for Aviva to fulfil your recent Data Subject Access Request (DSAR).

Aviva has a requirement to verify all requests to ensure that we only disclose personal data to the person who is entitled to receive it. Unfortunately, on this occasion we requested ID where it was not required as you had already supplied the information needed. I agree this shouldn’t have happened and I’m sorry for the concern and inconvenience caused. Please be assured feedback has been given to the relevant representative to ensure more care is taken in future when vetting requests.

Please be assured your DSAR will be with you by the 26 May 2021 as per the legal requirement to fulfil your request by this date.

For clarity, the complaint I am responding to is in relation to your Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) which is logged under reference CER/XXX. This is separate from your complaint about the motor insurance policy, which I can see the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) have provided their final response to and I’m therefore unable to comment on the points you’ve raised in respect of this matter.

I hope you are satisfied with my response, however if you are unhappy, you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this email.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

A link to their leaflet is as follows:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm

Or, alternatively, they can be contacted at:

The Financial Ombudsman Service

Exchange Tower

London

E14 9SR

They can also be contacted by email at [email protected],

by telephone on 0800 023 4567, or by logging on to their website at

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

As your complaint is in relation to a data concern, you may also wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can telephone them on 0303 123113 or simply log onto their website at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this matter further with me.

OK.  so Aviva have told you that they will respond to your SAR by 26 May which gives you about four weeks (up to 22 June - is that right?) to review what they tell you and to tell the FOS that you reject their final decision about the insurance policy.

Make sure you don't miss the extended FOS deadline.

(bearing in mind their response above to your complaint about how they handled your SAR, I personally see no point in carrying that complaint further.)

@BankFodderno I had no intention of carrying the SAR complaint forwards to be honest but I am tempted to ask her to refer the contents of that letter to Amanda Blanc ? They offered me £100 as a gesture of goodwill for the wrong requirement of iD verification,  I've also printed off documents regarding their abuse policies and how they're staff are trained to spot the signs 

Yes I have till 22nd June to reject the decision 

When is the return date for the FOS FOIA request?

Is that 20 days?

Is that the one where they offered you £100?

What date did you actually send the FOS the FOIA request?

I would certainly accept the £100. However I would make it clear that you are accepting it simply as a gesture of goodwill to them and not in settlement of anything and if they don't accept this then they should let you know and they should not pay the money.

I would then in the same letter gone to ask them what has happened about your letter and has it been forwarded to Amanda Blanc all the other person they referred to? Asked them specifically when can you expect a reply which addresses the points made in your letter

Don't you keep a note of when you posted these things?

The time limit for responding to an FOIA request is 20 days. Did they acknowledge receipt?

Well if we say that they had three days to receive the letter, then they are exceeding the statutory time limit of 20 days.

@BankFodder received a response from Mary Temple from aviva 

Thank you for your email below.

Your cheque for £100 has been authorised today and I trust you’ll receive this shortly.

In respect of your letter addressed to Amanda Blanc, as explained in our letter of 7 May 2021 I responded on behalf of Amanda.

Having reviewed the complaint records in relation to your motor insurance policy, I can see the Financial Ombudsman service have provided their final response and they asked you to reply by 11 May to confirm if you were in agreement or not. This therefore exhausts our complaint process and there is nothing further we can add.