Aviva fraudulently processed my data without authorisation o

Titchytitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would address it to as many people as possible so that they can all see that it has been copied in to other people

I'm sorry but I don't know what addresses you are using for these people – but I would get it to more than one person

I don't know if BankFodder would agree, but I might be inclined also to point out to Aviva that another loan provider has accepted that your brother acted fraudulently in similar circumstances to the Aviva insurance policies, and that the police have told you they are going to arrest him for fraud.  (Have I got that right or made it up?).

I'd ask Aviva if they really are happy to keep defaulting you in these circumstances.

17 minutes ago, Manxman in exile said:

I don't know if BankFodder would agree, but I might be inclined also to point out to Aviva that another loan provider has accepted that your brother acted fraudulently in similar circumstances to the Aviva insurance policies, and that the police have told you they are going to arrest him for fraud.  (Have I got that right or made it up?).

I'd ask Aviva if they really are happy to keep defaulting you in these circumstances.

We'll get to that. Please Hang on and let's just go through this carefully and patiently

• Like 1

Okay. I suggest that you send the FOS an email pointing out that they have received an SAR from you and also a Freedom of information act request and that information was due today and nothing has been received.

Let us know if you receive any reply by Monday

• Like 1

@BankFodder FOIR email from FOS

I’m getting in touch again further to recent correspondence regarding your Freedom of Information request.

I’m writing to apologise that we haven’t been able to respond by the timeframe set out. I’d like to reassure you that we are currently working on your request, and I hope to be in a position to share our response by the end of next week.

We’ll be in touch again in due course. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

@BankFodder I received a call from avivas complaint team regarding the complaint we made last week via email of them processing the default notices 

The handler said whether I accept or reject the decision then ombudsman has told aviva they can chase me for the money

He went on to say that Aviva will not be looking into this any further as the complaint has now concluded and its only if the ombudsman writes to them will they review it but he reiterated anyone can set up policy use email or make payments 

As they get complaints from customers who ring in saying why hasn't action been taken xy & z as so and so rang in 

He also said that the handler who checked with manager was in the wrong they had no need to check and they will be continuing to chase me for the money as the complaint wasn't upheld by the ombudsman 

So the only way forward is now to take this up with the ombudsman aviva will do nothing other than chase me for the money 😔

Tell them that you want a final response on this.

Tell them that you're not interested in telephone responses. You want everything in writing.

Also, what is happening with the police.

@BankFodder he didn't leave his number rang private number and just said we are allowed to send you default notices as the ombudsman hasn't upheld your complaint 

You need to take this forward with he ombudsman 

The police are investigating the evidence but nothing has happened in terms of arrest or anything yet 

He also said we don't need to ascertain whether you have received the correspondence or not we just have to prove from our side its been sent out 

The additional loans Mr Z took it said on the data access they sent final settlement figures on email as they didn't disclose the figure's to him but it was his email and annual statement sent to my address but I received nothing 

He said its only via the ombudsman this can be revisited aviva won't be doing anything else other than chase 

Edited by Titchytitch

Then write them a letter immediately referring to the telephone call you received today and their verbal message.

Tell them that is not acceptable that they are now conducting business on the telephone particularly in view of the way that they have used telephone business in the past and that you have no confidence.

Tell them that you made your complaint in writing you want the reply and writing and you want the final response in writing

You can also remind them that you are still waiting for a statutory disclosure of personal data

• Like 1

BankFodder - apologies if this has already been covered and I have missed it (12 pages!), but should the OP be trying to extract from Aviva a copy of their internal policy or whatever which (apparently) allows them to accept instructions from person Z to open a policy for person A without having to check with A?

In #286 the OP says she was told by the person from Aviva who called her that:  "... the handler who checked with manager was in the wrong they had no need to check... " that the OP had authorised Z to open the policy on her behalf. 

It seems a very risky way for Aviva to conduct their business... 

@BankFodder

Thank you for your call today which I received at 3.23pm on the 2nd of June from one of your colleagues in the complaints team.

Thank you for clarifying that regardless of accepting or rejecting the ombudsman’s decision Aviva will continue to chase me for the money. As a company I would like a copy of your internal policy/procedure which allows you to set up an insurance policy without the knowledge of the supposedly main policyholder, or which requires no authorisation from them to enter into a credit agreement or contract.

They also advised me that the only way Aviva would look into this is if the ombudsman queried anything, firstly, the adjudicator never spoke to myself and ran any queries through the original investigator which makes me question her independence and integrity as I had the complaint referred to the adjudicator for a second opinion.

I find it highly amusing that every time you contact me now you complete the data protection customer verification, where was this verification when a policy was being set up and throughout the duration of the policy not once was I spoken to. Aviva claims that all their call handlers are trained to spot signs of domestic, economic, and financial abuse so how was it missed in this instance?

I would like a final response in writing I am not interested in your telephone responses; I would like all correspondence from yourself in writing. It is not acceptable that you are now conducting business on the telephone particularly in the view of the way that they have used telephone business in the past I have no confidence. I have never used you in the past, never have and never will.

I have made my complaint in writing I would like the final response in writing too.

A couple of reasons why you should not send that and wait to see what BankFodder thinks.

1.  I agree with this bit - "As a company I would like a copy of your internal policy/procedure which allows you to set up an insurance policy without the knowledge of the supposedly main policyholder, or which requires no authorisation from them to enter into a credit agreement or contract" - but BankFodder may think you should not ask for this.  Wait for them to comment.

2.  I do not think it a good idea to question the independence and integrity of the Ombudsman's adjudicator in a communication with Aviva.  No good can come from it... 

• Like 1

I think that you should stop thanking them for everything. What have you to be grateful for?

Very good point that you made there about the fact that they are now being carefully in their identity verification. Quite hilarious

9 hours ago, Titchytitch said:

I refer to your call today which I received at 3.23pm on the 2nd of June from one of your colleagues in the complaints team and in which you stated Thank you for clarifying that regardless of accepting or rejecting the ombudsman’s decision Aviva will continue to chase me for the money.

I note that you are now complete the data protection customer verification  every time you contact me.  This is a stark contrast to the sloppy procedure that you used when you fell victim to a fraudulent application in my name when you are keen to get new business.

To be clear, I have made my complaint to you in writing and I want responses in writing. Do not start using your casual telephone approaches me. If you are rejecting my complaint then let me have your final response in writing and we will go to the ombudsman.
I have no confidence in the way you conduct your proceedings over the telephone. It is this slack approach by which you allowed yourself to be defrauded and in respect of which you now try to pass the buck onto me.

In writing please. No more phone calls or else this will be the subject of another complaint to the FOS

Have you sent this yet? I want to make an important amendment.

Are you recording your calls?

Amended:

I refer to your call today which I received at 3.23pm on the 2nd of June from one of your colleagues in the complaints team and in which you stated that regardless of accepting or rejecting the ombudsman’s decision Aviva will continue to chase me for the money.

The person who called me – you did not identify himself – also explained that apparently the person who arrange the insurance had no need to consult with a manager first in order to allow the insurance policy to be taken out by a named third-party.

I note that you now complete the data protection customer verification  every time you contact me.  This is a stark contrast to the sloppy procedure that you used when you fell victim to a fraudulent application in my name when you are keen to get new business.

To be clear, I have made my complaint to you in writing and I want responses in writing. Do not start using your casual telephone approaches me. If you are rejecting my complaint then let me have your final response in writing and we will go to the ombudsman.
I have no confidence in the way you conduct your proceedings over the telephone. It is this slack approach by which you allowed yourself to be defrauded and in respect of which you now try to pass the buck onto me.

In writing please. No more phone calls or else this will be the subject of another complaint to the FOS

Okay. There's an important amendment in there. I suggest you send it off this morning if you can.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks