Jump to content

Camden - order for recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I hope someone can help me, I parked in West Hampstead in london while visiting a friend and parked in a PAD space on the saturday morning. I was aware that i had to pay up until 12.30 and I need to put more money in the meter, but i had lost my keys I went down to the car to inform the traffic warden of the problem and show them that i had the money to pay but could not get into my car. The traffic wardens in this area are a bit keen and were hanging around (there was about 3 of them) the parking area, I approached one and asked if i would still be given a ticket he said yes!! Luckily my friend found my keys in the house and came down to the car with them. I asked the traffic warden that the charge applies only until 12.30 he said yes so i put in money to cover until 12.30. When i returned to the car I had a ticket and found out that the charge applied until 13.30.


I feel that this is unlawful and unfair as the ticket was for 50quid. I forgot about it and did not pay and have now received a letter say i have to pay £150 quid by 14days. Where do i stand and what do i do as i dont have £150 pound to pay let alone £50.


please help


Cheers Esther

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All


i hope someone can help me with this, i got a parking ticket that was unlawful and wrote to Camden stating this, i have just received as a reply an - order for recovery of unpaid penulty charge and a statutory declaration, which when i send it back i will have to pay to get it witnessed.


I was under the impression that i would received a response to my letter not what looks like a court claim!!????


can anyone help on this little bit concerned.



Link to post
Share on other sites

You do not have to pay to get a statutory declaration witnessed, simply take it to your local magistartes court and they will do it free.



If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...